What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mama Called

BeachBronco

[SIZE=+1]"I left Texas A&M because my school called me. Mama called,
and when Mama calls, then you just have to come running."-Bear Bryant

Now I am not suggesting that Embree will have the success that Bryant had, but I am thinking how wonderful it is to have a coach and perhaps staff that really wants to be in Boulder and turn this thing around. I have to believe that their fire and passion, two things we haven't seen in a while, can only rekindle a more winning attitude and will prove to be successful on the field.

I had a discussion with my brother the other day and I told him I was sick and tired of hearing about "character" people, piss on that, we need some athletes. We need coaches that can go out and recruit 20 athletes a season, if 3-4 of them see more time in the Boulder County sheriff's department so be it but at least we still have 16-17 other athletes from the same class. The past few seasons we have died painful deaths when we saw some of our better athletes depart, why, because our cupboard was already so bare and we couldn't afford the loss. Mack Brown and Urban Meyer don't lose sleep over a transfer or a kid they have to boot from the team, because they have a **** ton of other kids ready to step in their shoes. College football is a numbers game, you need a high number of high quality athletes, not a high quality bunch of character people, we aren't trying to sale used cars we want to win some football games dammit!!!!
[/SIZE]

Embree is the next Bear Bryant. Sounds good to me. Such comparison deserved a different font.

Back