What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

mangino on his way out?

Man, if Mangino leaves KU, we are really losing a huge source of easy fun here at Allbuffs. In fact the whole college football world will be seriously deprived.

I e-mailed a cousin of mine who lives in Lawrence about this. He confirmed that Mangino is not exactly a "people person" He said he's nicer to the press and the school staff than he is to his own players. And he heard the assault happened, but the players arn't talking ---------yet.

From another rivals site editor posted on PM:

-=-=
By the end of the week, going off of some fairly solid info I have received, I expect both Colorado and Kansas to have their head coaching positions open.

Obviously, the Colorado news isn't a surprise. Mike Bohn is talking and I believe Dan Hawkins will be let go Friday, after OSU gets done dismantling the Buffaloes. (Monday at the absolute latest, but I think they'll try to get this in before the weekend games so it'll make less news.) I fully expect Brian Cabral or another assistant to lead the Buffs against Nebraska. The money people associated with CU have finally had it.

Now to the more surprising turn of events. I'm told Mark Mangino will be let go by Thursday and OC Ed Warriner will coach them for Texas and Mizzou. The main reason is team dissent stemming from a bad year and Mangino apparently having a physical altercation with a player. BUT, don't think for one minute Mangino's health isn't a determining factor as well. KU has been VERY worried about that the past year or two, as he has only looked worse and worse. I know a couple of specifics there, but I'm not running with them for sheer respect of his health. Let's just say it's not good.

Anyway, the coaching carousel is starting up and the Big 12 is apparently giving it a nice push-start.
-=-

^ ^ ^ ^

Another rumor post from the same site that had the mangino assaulting Chris Harris thing.

PM is Power Mizzou

Last edited:
Saw on a different forum that he assaulted cornberback Chris Harris on the plane on the way to the Colorado game. They also say he is gone for certain after the season.

On the internet, it must be true.

KU must charter one of those russian AN-225's. I don't think a c-5 could lift off with him on board. Anyway, it seems like a cornerback would have plenty of room to escape an assault by that guy in a plane that big.

KU must charter one of those russian AN-225's. I don't think a c-5 could lift off with him on board. Anyway, it seems like a cornerback would have plenty of room to escape an assault by that guy in a plane that big.

:lol:

You underestimate Manginos gravity pull.

I made a few calls and no double-wide flatbeds have been rented in the past week so Mangino is safe for now.

The plane was a C-130 troop transport. Below is the rumor that I paraphrased earlier.

-=-=
Just talked to my buddy. The meeting that happened last night was called because Chris Harris kU starting (I think) CB was "smacked around" by Mangino on the team charter plane going to Colorado. I guess Harris was getting an ear full from Mangino while they were boarding the plane, and Harris turned around and barked back. I guess Mangino grabbed Harris and threw him to the ground, and had to be pulled of by a couple asst. coaches. Also, my buddy said that Mangino will not be fired today, or anytime until the season is over, and he feels EXTREMELY confident that he is gone after the season. "No doubt he's done" were his exact words. Another funny little tid bit he told me, I guess my friend talked to Bill Young earlier this year, and Bill told him that kU would never be consistently good under Mangino because "nobody wants to work for that arrogant prick."
-=-=

The plane was a C-130 troop transport. Below is the rumor that I paraphrased earlier.

-=-=
Just talked to my buddy. The meeting that happened last night was called because Chris Harris kU starting (I think) CB was "smacked around" by Mangino on the team charter plane going to Colorado. I guess Harris was getting an ear full from Mangino while they were boarding the plane, and Harris turned around and barked back. I guess Mangino grabbed Harris and threw him to the ground, and had to be pulled of by a couple asst. coaches. Also, my buddy said that Mangino will not be fired today, or anytime until the season is over, and he feels EXTREMELY confident that he is gone after the season. "No doubt he's done" were his exact words. Another funny little tid bit he told me, I guess my friend talked to Bill Young earlier this year, and Bill told him that kU would never be consistently good under Mangino because "nobody wants to work for that arrogant prick."
-=-=

Don't you mean forklift?

-=-=
-=-=
Goodness, if this is true, Harris is in the lucky to be alive category. I don't even want to think of Mangino throwing me into a death roll....And who are the two Hercules impersonators who could pull MM off the pile? I have visions of that being an event in The World's Strongest Man competiton.:wow:

This is ridiculous if true.

Mangino has done wonders there at that Kansas program although Kansas has always been a 2nd class team in a 2nd class football state with limited talent.

But Kansas' fans seem to want Turner Gill, would be a good PR hire if it happens and could maybe help them pick up steam in recruiting. Turner Gill to Kansas would make Bohn have to step it up with his hire.

Goodness, if this is true, Harris is in the lucky to be alive category. I don't even want to think of Mangino throwing me into a death roll....And who are the two Hercules impersonators who could pull MM off the pile? I have visions of that being an event in The World's Strongest Man competiton.:wow:

Not hard at all. They had emergency marshmallo 'Circus Peanuts' that they opened, then then slowly led Mangino away from the player while reciting the McDonalds menu quietly. After about 50 yards they emptied the bag and turned and ran. I think I head the Circus Peanuts had mild sedatives in them. It was a good sized bag: that is why they needed to 'assistants' to carry it.

if they fire him they deserve their resulting ****ty team. We didn't do anything to deserve ours.

Seems like small potatoes to me. He's got passion. Stoops will have him back at OU in a heart beat and every other year Mangino will relish the return to Memorial. Or he'll get another job immediately. He be good.

Last edited:
If there have been legitimate health concerns it is entirely possible the KU admin / AD were looking for a way out. They now have a "justifiable" reason to get rid of him. Roughing up a player was about the only thing that could have done that.

Too bad, I agree that he has done a lot with very little. I would not be surprised and a little concerned if they were able to woo decent name coach and continue on a decent clip in the Big XII.

Obviously, the Colorado news isn't a surprise. Mike Bohn is talking and I believe Dan Hawkins will be let go Friday, after OSU gets done dismantling the Buffaloes. (Monday at the absolute latest, but I think they'll try to get this in before the weekend games so it'll make less news.) I fully expect Brian Cabral or another assistant to lead the Buffs against Nebraska. The money people associated with CU have finally had it.
Yes we have!

Seems like small potatoes to me. He's got passion. Stoops will have him back at OU in a heart beat and every other year Mangino will relish the return to Memorial. Or he'll get another job immediately. He be good.

Don't think so. Apparently, mangino-the-hut's surly attitude and quick temper are well known commodities in the land of red mud. I don't think stoooopsie nor the a/d want mm back in the Norman tent.

Reports on ESPN this morning are that he is being "probed".
It is pretty well known that Mangino doesn't get along with the basketball program at KU. You are aware of the fight in front of the KU student union between the football players and the basketball players this September. Mangino demands more and more for his program, but Perkins has to satisfy Bill Self first. Basketball will always come first at KU.
Mangino is known to have a quick temper.

Mangino would be a great hire for us as OC. Track record speaks for itself on the offensive side of the ball.

The biggest bonus to hiring Mangino would be to help the economy. Restaurant businesses in Boulder would be BOOMING!!!!!!!!!!!

Hire Mangino, FOR AMERICA!

:lol:

Back