1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mankhe (sp?)

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by KingPants, Nov 16, 2008.

1. KingPants

KingPants Club Member Club Member

Anyone keep an eye on #12 during the game? I thought he looked pretty good, and he looked big. He brought the wood on a couple of the out routes. I was pleasantly surprised, especially after he had been slacking on some special teams work.
    Anyone at the game get a chance to see his work?

2. str8jacket

str8jacket Member

Thought he played a great game overall, got ran over on the sideline near the South endzone once though. Does seem kinda slow and timid out there, i'm sure it'll change.

3. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

I didn't see slow or timid. I was very surprised by his closing speed. I wrote earlier on another thread that when we made a goal-line stand, it was only possible because earlier, their RB ran thru a huge hole and was heading for 6 with a full head of steam. Mahnke came up and met him at the 4 and it was bone-jarring. The RB would have run over just about any DB in the league, but Mahnke stopped him cold and he went backwards. That was the hit of the game. OSU then got nothing on three plays and had to kick the FG. I started watching him (isolation) after that and there's no timid in this guy. He brings the wood...

4. jjbuffs13

jjbuffs13 Well-Known Member

You dont think BJ Beaty literally killing Pettigrew over the middle was the hit of the game?

5. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

That was a awesome hit. Laid that ****er out. :thumbsup:

6. str8jacket

str8jacket Member

He hesitated on what angle he was going to take once or twice, he's gonna be great surely feel alot better about him than I did after the CSU game.

7. Sexton Hardcastle

You mean the first game of his collegiate career? People need to cut this kid some slack. He's a true frosh. I think he's better than Nolan Brewster.

8. str8jacket

str8jacket Member

Just sayin' can't imagine it was nerves that had him jogging on a KRTD while in coverage. *shrug*

:huh:

9. Sexton Hardcastle

IMO that kid was long gone for six. Maybe he should've ran harder, but there was no way PM would've caught him. Again jmho.

10. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Oh my God! Pettingrew is dead! How did I miss that? Literally dead...you would think that would make Newcenter. Hank Gathers did.

Sorry for the grammar police drive-by, but the misuse of "literally" is one of my pet peeves...I can ignore pretty much everything else.

11. utebuff

utebuff Member

maybe a remedial in the use of figuratively versus literally would be appropriate.

I thought Mahnke played well..wasn't at the game to focus on him..but he seemed to be in the right place to make stops. It's fun to see young players get a chance on the field, and produce, isn't it?

12. 87toInfinity

87toInfinity Well-Known Member

I'm literally laughing right now. Probably not when you read this, but when I typed it at least.

Also, you are literally an ass hole. :thumbsup::smile2:

1 person likes this.
  13. The Guest

The Guest Guest

No, no, no! I'm not literally an asshole...only figuratively.:lol::lol:

14. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

He only caught my eye a couple/few times which means he did somthing noticeable good or noticably bad. I remember thinking his tackling was a little sloppy on a play or two and he seemed a tad slower than what we're used to from that positon. I also remember him hitting really hard a couple of times and thinking there was no drop off in that department after Walter subbed out. Overall not bad for a true Frosh against the nr 11 team in the nation. We just need him to wrap up and not just hit.