What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

March Madness is the best

South Dakota State won the Summit League auto-bid tonight. They're 25-9, likely looking at a 14 seed. If you want a dark horse, this is a strong candidate. Nate Wolters gets going and anything can happen. I would NOT want to draw these guys if I'm a 3 seed. Sure, there are some holes, but they did go into the Pit and beat New Mexico (New Mexico's only home loss of the season).

These guys are good enough to do it, and they wont wilt under pressure either. Last year I was thinking they were going to do the dirty work of beating baylor for us. Unfortunately they couldnt quite get over the hump in the 2nd half, but I think that team was all juniors last year, so they should be good this year. That Home win in abq is nothing to scoff at either. the pit gets loud when the lobos are playing.

Depending on the matchup, this could be a great upset.

1991 Richmond Spiders taking down Syracuse in an 15/2 game.

Another great game that ended up being an upset that fell short was James Madison falling by 2 points to Florida in the 1st round back in 1994. Florida went on to the Final Four. The big thing about that game was that it was kind of a triumphant return for Lefty Driesell, one of my favorite all-time coaches. Lefty had been scapegoated by Maryland administrators after Len Bias died of the heart attack and he'd been out of coaching before accepting that JMU job. Lefty was awesome.
The player that hit the free throws at the end of the game was Eugene Burroughs from Philadelphia. He went to a rival high school of mine and I was fortunate to be on the court against him twice. He was a special kid.

i watched that game from the Hyatt in Grand Cayman on spring break..... What a memory!

I still think this is one of the best endings for a game in march.

[video=youtube_share;RFItSuuy3dU]http://youtu.be/RFItSuuy3dU[/video]

Even though it was a win, that game really pissed me off. They looked lazy and lethargic for most of the game like they had nothing to play for, and by the time they woke up KSU believed and should have won. What choke job.

Santa Clara beating Arizona as a 15 seed stands out. A news crew did a report on the housing area around Santa Clara's campus the next morning and it looked like a war zone. Epic party.

Will never forget Loyola Marymount's run in '90 after Hank Gather's died. That 2nd round game against Michigan is still to this day the most entertaining hoops game I've ever seen. I think the final score was 149-114. Michigan traded 2's for 3's all game which explained the score. For the entire game it was unreal the pace both teams played at.

I'll always wonder if CU could have knocked off UNC in the 2nd round in '97 if it hadn't of been Dean Smith's game to break Rupp's all time win record. Every great player he ever coached including Jordan was there, and it was the only game anyone cared about that day. Buffs shocked everyone by going up by a point at half, and the refs promptly handed the game to UNC in the 2nd.

Santa Clara beating Arizona as a 15 seed stands out. A news crew did a report on the housing area around Santa Clara's campus the next morning and it looked like a war zone. Epic party.

Will never forget Loyola Marymount's run in '90 after Hank Gather's died. That 2nd round game against Michigan is still to this day the most entertaining hoops game I've ever seen. I think the final score was 149-114. Michigan traded 2's for 3's all game which explained the score. For the entire game it was unreal the pace both teams played at.

I'll always wonder if CU could have knocked off UNC in the 2nd round in '97 if it hadn't of been Dean Smith's game to break Rupp's all time win record. Every great player he ever coached including Jordan was there, and it was the only game anyone cared about that day. Buffs shocked everyone by going up by a point at half, and the refs promptly handed the game to UNC in the 2nd.
I never complain about the refs..... But I believe the fouls were 22-7 in favor of UNC having the lower number.

I never complain about the refs..... But I believe the fouls were 22-7 in favor of UNC having the lower number.
Way too much complaining about the refs IMO, that's why I save my complaints for things that actually matter like our first win* over UofA this year.

Back