1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marcus Burton

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Duff Man, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

He's a bad man.:thumbsup:

Is he the key for the defense this season? Absolutely.

2. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I'll believe it when I see it. I've been very high on that kid for a long time now. And it never really translates on gameday.

3. LilBunky

LilBunky Guest

Keep the Faith, Baby! Marcus has had "issues": first with school, then the kid thing! He seems focused now, knowing this is his last shot at making an impression for Sunday ball! Always said, you play like you practice.....he's been doing well in practice, I give him BOTD.

4. LilBunky

LilBunky Guest

Oh, and I think Taj Kaynor may surprise. Sounds like a bell may have gone off in his head, now that the Rabid Goldfish graduated! Would like to see that!

5. Duff Man

He has to step up no doubt. I just get excited about how a true run-stopper at MLB would help the young DL.

6. Bill Cody

Bill Cody Well-Known Member

He has always had a lot of talent and you have a good point in that he hasn't "shown up" yet.

But, with all of the depth and experince that we have in the LB corps, Cabral wouldn't be publicly praising this guy the way that he has a few times this last year, unless he was ready to make good. JMHO

7. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Very true.

I hope the kid does well. He has too much talent not to.

8. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Burton's going to light people up this year and the Buffs are going to make a huge jump and have a top 30 defense nationally.

9. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Really looking forward to seeing how the LB corps shakes out. WTF happened to Mohler? As for Burton, I see him stepping up this year. He is our most athletic LB... which is crazy for someone who weighs 260?

10. Duff Man

I know my thread about redshirting Mohler was pretty stupid, but I'm wondering what has happened to him as well. I really hope his senior season is not wasted.

11. Bill Cody

Bill Cody Well-Known Member

This is just one example of how far this team has come. Last year at this time, we were hoping that Major would be able to come in and make an immediate impact....he got hurt and everyone was freaking out. We were thin and untested at LB. Mohler stepped in nicely and had a pretty good year. I would say that he is a proven player and that nothing really happened to him. We just have a lot of guys that have come ready to play this year.

****, two years ago we had FOUR LB'S TOTAL at one point in the season. Now we are asking why a guy with good talent, that played well last year, is getting beat out by another senior.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
  12. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

I get the impression that the lb's will rotate, or be used situational. I'm pretty sure Mohler will see plenty of pt.

13. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

I like the cut of your jib.

14. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

his speed + size combo is ****ing scary. Add a dash of focus to it and we have a perfect recipe for a lot of very very sore running backs and QBs... WR are NOT gonna want to come over the middle this year. gonna be sawweeeet.

IF the Dline holds its own, this defense could be pretty nice.

15. 66BUFF

66BUFF FTW Club Member

get a room