What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mark Richt may have more at stake than Hawkins...

BlackNGold

Club Member
I think Richt is coaching for his job right now. Regardless of past success, Georgia fans are not going to tolerate not being at the top of the SEC. Fans down their live and die their football and they do not enjoy the dying part.

It will be interesting to see how these two teams come out. Both are under pressure and both SHOULD have a sense of urgency. Could be a great game if both teams play like it.

Richt can recruit, but struggles with the in-game coaching part. But, since when is Georgia consistently at the top of the SEC? I think they've won the conference once in the last 20-25 years.

UGa fan is every bit as rabid as any other SEC fan. They canned Jim Donnan for having a .6667 record, they are pretty serious about their FB. Right now, I'd be real happy if CU had a coach with a .6667 record. Our coach is playing the patsy to the guy with the .6667 record right now.

Richt can recruit, but struggles with the in-game coaching part. But, since when is Georgia consistently at the top of the SEC? I think they've won the conference once in the last 20-25 years.

Richt won the SEC in 2002 and 2005. Also won division titles a couple other times. Since Meyer took over at Florida, something has happened to Georgia though. Outside of a very good 2007 team that still was never a serious threat to win the SEC, they have been very mediocre.

Richt will not be coaching at UGA in 2011. Their off-field issues are just as big a problem as the bad product on the field. He'll land somewhere else though I would imagine.

Richt has actually won four division titles and two SEC championships in nine years.

Richt has 30 losses, including the three this year, in 9+ seasons. It's a sad commentary on Colorado football that Hawkins has lost more games in 4+ seasons than Richt has in nine. All Hawkins has to do to catch up is go 73-0 over the next six seasons - and he would still have an overall record which is worse than that of Mark Richt. :huh:

I agree about the issue of his job. Whatever he has or hasn't accomplished during his time at Georgia has been dictated to some degree by the fact that the dawgs play in arguably the toughest conference in college football. Setting aside how many division and SEC titles he was one in his nine years there, how many national champions have been crowned from that conference in the last nine years. Any coach is going to fight for victories in that pack.

On the other hand if he can't beat the Buffs in their current state, where the program often seems more an after thought among administration, legislature and to some degree even the good citizens of Colorado what does that say about his competence as a coach for UG when added to the rest of his struggles this year.

Hawkins should have more at stake than Richt (see records).

It is a matter of what is acceptable with the fan base. A coach with Hawkins record would not be in his 5th year at Georgia...he would be gone after the first game of his 4th year.

It is a matter of what is acceptable with the fan base. A coach with Hawkins record would not be in his 5th year at Georgia...he would be gone after the first game of his 4th year.

I agree with you. Very sad. It didn't take long for apathy to set in among the CU fan base with DH at the helm. Obviously the fan base in Georgia will always be more rabid, but man it speaks volumes about how much our expectations have change to keep putting up with Talkins.

In the last 25 years Georgia has had 3 losing seasons and have been to 20 bowl games in that period of time. They have also ended the season ranked in the Top 25 for the past 13 years in a row. I think that safely puts them in the top of the SEC.

Last edited:
If we shyat another brick Sat. in Boulder (it could easily happen with this team) Richt might have to walk back to Athens. Our fanbase is up in arms. CMR took 2 years too long to fire DC Martinez (he's the DB coach at OU now). Our playcalling has been atrocious at times, no rhyme or reason just pick a play. Richt will have to get a new OC (Bobo sux) after the season to keep his job. IMO, Richt has lost the fire to coach at the highest level (which right or wrong UGA fans demand it). Since our last SEC Championship we are 20-15 in conference, 10-11 in the SEC East. We are 2-7 in our last 9 SEC games with a 4 game SEC losing streak. Also Richt is 2-7 vs Fla. If he goes 7-5 again this year reg. season, he might get another year but I think he's history. CMR is a great human being & a role model of how to live your life, give back to the community & humanity. BUT, I think he's lost the drive needed to be a Head Coach in the cutthroat, what have you done for me lately world of CFB... I think he's ready to walk away like Coach McCartney did. I seriously think he feels he has a higher calling. God Bless him, He's a good man...

Last edited:
Each of UGA's last two coaches, Ray Goff and Jim Donnan, were fired with W-L % well over .500. If Dan wins the rest of his games this year and goes undefeated in 2012....he'll be around .500 at CU.

I think Richt is coaching for his job right now. Regardless of past success, Georgia fans are not going to tolerate not being at the top of the SEC. Fans down their live and die their football and they do not enjoy the dying part.

I don't think CU fans have exactly "tolerated" Hawkins' performance the last two years. There just isn't a whole hell of a lot we can do about it.

Let me tell you about uga football and fans. They believe football was invented in Athens GA. If not for Herschel Walker they would still be looking for their first national title. They are 3rd behind Bama and tuk in any historical stat [SEC titles, wins]. CMR hit his stride when uf had their transitional coach [the zooker-he does not deserve a CXX] but has flopped since CUM showed up. CMR is 2-7 vs uf, 5-4 vs tuk [who sucks] and 3-3 vs LSU. He is 9-1 vs Vandy and has Ole Miss's number at 4-0. Here is what you will see: a lot of talent with no clue what to do. The fans who travel that far will be top shelf and won't be the average mutt I have to deal with. uga fans are ok with being above average and not winning a lot of championships [see Vince Dooley if you don't believe me]. Until Vandy and UK start beating them nobody will care over there. They are soft and if you guys have a running game you should run it straight at them. I hope you guys beat their ass.

FWIW UA/LSU/barn> uf/tuk/uga

Charlie, I couldn't help but notice you forgot to mention that CMR is 3 - 1 vs Bammer...
Pillow_Fight.gif

UGa fan is every bit as rabid as any other SEC fan. They canned Jim Donnan for having a .6667 record, they are pretty serious about their FB. Right now, I'd be real happy if CU had a coach with a .6667 record. Our coach is playing the patsy to the guy with the .6667 record right now.

Hawkins is on his way there. a .6667% win percentage, less than one win in a hundred tries.

Charlie, I couldn't help but notice you forgot to mention that CMR is 3 - 1 vs Bammer...
Pillow_Fight.gif

I was thinking the same thing, or 4-0 vs AU the last 4. And let's not foerget, that UGA has had parts of MNC besides 1980. Oh, and we've done it as a fairly, clean program. I mean I like and respect Bama alright, but I find it a little strange that a fan of a team, we don't even play every year, or have a 'big' rivalry with, would troll one of our opponents boards, just to let everyone know how much we suck. Thanks. Isn't it getting close to your schedule to go dust off Bear Bryant's tombstone or something?

Sweet. SEC smack.

Just so that you UGA fans know, Bama Chuck has been a quasi-regular around here for the last four or so years. He didn't just show up this week.

Pillow_Fight.gif

Beating Alabama has not been that hard in the past ten years except the past couple with CNS. He picked up a win vs CMS, one vs CDF and is 1-1 vs CNS. If you remember we mudholed them at their place during their 'blackout'. I bet if they played next week the spread would be Bama -21.

I was thinking the same thing, or 4-0 vs AU the last 4. And let's not foerget, that UGA has had parts of MNC besides 1980. Oh, and we've done it as a fairly, clean program. I mean I like and respect Bama alright, but I find it a little strange that a fan of a team, we don't even play every year, or have a 'big' rivalry with, would troll one of our opponents boards, just to let everyone know how much we suck. Thanks. Isn't it getting close to your schedule to go dust off Bear Bryant's tombstone or something?

CPB? nice-I see more references about him from buttsore barners and mutts than I do from Bama fans. He was 12-5 vs uga.

I just read another nice description of uga-they are Ole Miss with 3 years of HW.

LOL..not starting nothing Sack, I saw CB had a lot of posts here. Just a friendly little jab. Last thing y'all need here is SEC smack. I think Bill & me are the only 2 Dawgs that have came over anyway...

I think Richt is in trouble but Im not sure about this year. Looking at the depth chart on offense, he's starting underclassman at most of the skill positions and his starting QB is a redshirt freshman and the backup is a true freshman. Not good since he's clearly rebuilding. I'm left wondering why he didn't find himself a JC transfer at QB.

I do think people are tired of patiently waiting for him to deliver a 10 win season with an SEC championship and BCS appearance. With Tebow finally out of the way this was a good chance year for him. The SEC is always tough even without Tebow.

At 1-3 this is a borderline must win game for him since were likely viewed as a weak opponent.

Oh c'mon, the Zooker deserves the CXX more than Shula or Francionne.

Beating Alabama has not been that hard in the past ten years except the past couple with CNS. He picked up a win vs CMS, one vs CDF and is 1-1 vs CNS. If you remember we mudholed them at their place during their 'blackout'. I bet if they played next week the spread would be Bama -21.

Sweet. SEC smack.

Just so that you UGA fans know, Bama Chuck has been a quasi-regular around here for the last four or so years. He didn't just show up this week.

I would hope so, the guys has over 1700 posts. That would be some rep worthy trolling

I would hope so, the guys has over 1700 posts. That would be some rep worthy trolling

I would not go out of my way to bash ga fans but they came here when I was here first. BTW do you guys remember the ga douchebag the last time CU played them that said they had 5 1st round NFL picks on their front four?

Back