What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Markques Simas interview

Nice to have some info to fill the day with but what a crappy interview, that was like watching a bad first date, Uh whats your favorite color?

Nice to have some info to fill the day with but what a crappy interview, that was like watching a bad first date, Uh whats your favorite color?

I'm kind of bummed. The didn't ask him, "If you were a car, what kind of car would you be?"

But, he seems like a great kid! :thumbsup:

It was cute. It was a student interviewing a freshman. I think its great the athletic department puts student development ahead of glossy perfection. This is what college is all about.

Can anyone fill me in on Simas? He was one of the highest ranked receivers in last years class, but I haven't heard a word about him. Did he just get beat out for a spot by the other freshman receivers this year, or did they plan on redshirting him from the beginning? Does anyone know how he looks in practice? He is one of the most intriguing newcomers for next year. He seems to be something the Buffs really need, a possible game-breaking receiver. Perhaps it has been known ever since Smith got here that Scott was coming,and they wanted Simas to start off with Scott and play a few years together. Or did Simas just under perform in practice?

Can anyone fill me in on Simas? He was one of the highest ranked receivers in last years class, but I haven't heard a word about him. Did he just get beat out for a spot by the other freshman receivers this year, or did they plan on redshirting him from the beginning? Does anyone know how he looks in practice? He is one of the most intriguing newcomers for next year. He seems to be something the Buffs really need, a possible game-breaking receiver. Perhaps it has been known ever since Smith got here that Scott was coming,and they wanted Simas to start off with Scott and play a few years together. Or did Simas just under perform in practice?

He and his family were on an extended vacation during the summer. He arrived late at CU and was pretty well behind all the other frosh. Hence, the red shirt year.

One of the other receivers (McNight?) commented in an interview that Simas had impressed him in practice. Said Simas was very smooth and polished, and caught everything. These young-gun WR's are gonna be special. :thumbsup:

Back