1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Markques Simas interview

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

2. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

Nice to have some info to fill the day with but what a crappy interview, that was like watching a bad first date, Uh whats your favorite color?

3. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I'm kind of bummed. The didn't ask him, "If you were a car, what kind of car would you be?"

But, he seems like a great kid! :thumbsup:

4. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

It was cute. It was a student interviewing a freshman. I think its great the athletic department puts student development ahead of glossy perfection. This is what college is all about.

5. Colfaxbuff

Colfaxbuff New Member

Can anyone fill me in on Simas? He was one of the highest ranked receivers in last years class, but I haven't heard a word about him. Did he just get beat out for a spot by the other freshman receivers this year, or did they plan on redshirting him from the beginning? Does anyone know how he looks in practice? He is one of the most intriguing newcomers for next year. He seems to be something the Buffs really need, a possible game-breaking receiver. Perhaps it has been known ever since Smith got here that Scott was coming,and they wanted Simas to start off with Scott and play a few years together. Or did Simas just under perform in practice?

6. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

He and his family were on an extended vacation during the summer. He arrived late at CU and was pretty well behind all the other frosh. Hence, the red shirt year.

One of the other receivers (McNight?) commented in an interview that Simas had impressed him in practice. Said Simas was very smooth and polished, and caught everything. These young-gun WR's are gonna be special. :thumbsup: