1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Markques Simas

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Duff Man, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

The kid is going to be one of the better WRs to ever don the black and gold before he graduates. Nice to have a playmaker at WR that can stretch the field.

2. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

Yes... Simas has been outstanding for us in the past couple weeks.

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Yeah. And he's really a possession receiver that can win some jump balls (kind of like Keyshawn was in college). Put someone with speed opposite him and he'll absolutely tear things up next year.

4. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

He sure is, great hands, leaping ability and although not a burner, always seems to get open and uses his size very well against defenders.

5. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

Not a burner? He may not be as fast as JFly, but he catches the freaking ball when thrown to him downfield. His hands are HUGE. The guy is a badass.

Did he have 100 yards receiving tonight?

6. buffs6236

buffs6236 Club Member Club Member

i am looking forward to Simas and Clemons from Michigan duo. i think they will be a great team and hard to cover.

7. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Yes...get Clemons on the other side, coupled with a new staff, and who knows how good this kid will be.

8. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

He narrowly missed his third straight 100 yard receiving game tonight, so he is starting to gain that consistency and he clearly has some chemistry with Hansen. Also totally agree on his leaping ability. That long catch in the first half was a beauty. If we can find a speed threat to pair with him on the outside and move Scotty inside to the slot, we will have a good receiving corps next year.

9. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Isn't there another michigan transfer coming that will be eligible next year? Is he a wr too?

10. Buffnik

Zion Babb. We're in the lead for him. He's got decent speed and is built like a brick ****house. Probably a WR, but he could end up at safety. Dad was a sprinter, but he's more like a 4.6 guy.

11. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Tony clemons? Babb?

12. GreeleyBuff

GreeleyBuff New Member

13. canuck_buff

canuck_buff Active Member

My question is why did Simas wait so long to get playing time ? My bet is another poor evaluation at the hands of Hawkins.

14. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

He was academically ineligible last year and suspended the first two games of the season. He's been starting all year since.

15. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

:yeahthat:

Simas looks like a player.. The people that were hyping him in the offseason/fall camp were right.

The new coach will have a few pieces to work with on offense next year.

16. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

I think he had 91 yards. Still, 300 yards in 3 games....nice job, young man.

17. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

Before the game he was 8th in the Big 12 at WR in yards. If he keeps it up he may get Big 12 Honorable Mention. Here's hoping (that or 3rd team Big 12 would be great too).

18. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Clemons and Simas out wide, Scotty in the slot, Hansen at QB with Speedy behind him. The new staff is going to have some nice toys to play with next year.

19. PurifydatA$$

PurifydatA$$ Member

Why no mention of Simmons?? I expect our next coach will have him on the field as well

20. Buffnik

Yeah. There's a decent chance that our next coach will want to get our fast guys on the field. Just a sneaky suspicion I have. But what do I know, I've never coached D1 football.

21. LaserDeathHawk

LaserDeathHawk Club Member Club Member

innerwebs sCUm

22. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

I have some pretty high hopes for the offense next season. Simas and Simmons/Clemons out wide with McKnight in the slot should be our base offense imo. If the OL gets fixed up I think we could easily be, well, a lot better on offense than we have been for the last 4 years.

23. Hawkmustgo!

Hawkmustgo! New Member

Simas is gonna be a special, special WR for the Buffs!

24. Dorn09

Dorn09 Well-Known Member

Simas = Stud

I hope his number is printed on the Nike Jerseys next year.

25. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Signed,

2006, 2007, 2008

26. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

:lol: True. However, Hawk won't be coaching them in 2010, so I can have hope again.

27. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

Simas's TD catch when he did the 180 was sick! some of you old-school Bronco fans probably remember Rick Upchurch, who use to do the same thing - look over is left shoulder, then at the last second, spin and catch the ball over the right.

28. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Best WR we've had since McCoy/Hackett.

29. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

He was a RS his first year, academically ineligible last year and suspended the first two games of this year. When he did play the first few games he was pretty much ignored by Cody.

Cody said some pretty complimentary things about Simas coming into the season but tended to ignore him on the field. Cody had a few guys he was comfortable with and that was where he went with the ball, open or not. Scotty was of course his first choice and then to the TEs. He seemed to be a lot more comfortable with Espy and Ebner than with Simas. I think it was because Cody likes the short slants, hooks to the middle, and other shorter throws. Simas runs those patterns but is better at mid-range patterns that require a little deeper throw that Cody was not comfortable making.

Hansen when he got in was comfortable with Simas right away. They worked together a lot on the scout teams last year and in the off-season. Hansen also has a deeper arm and fits Simas's talents better. Simas also seems to be good at reading Hansen when he is forced out of the pocket and giving him a target that he is comfortable with.

I think the guy is just scratching the surface compared to what he will do in the future. He seems to always be open no matter what the coverage is and if the ball is in his area he catches it and usually does something with it afterwards. I have also seen him willing to block downfield as well which makes him even more valuable.