What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Match the comments

Unleash Hell

Ok, with the week that we are celebrating the 20 year anniversary of the 1990 national championship team, I will be doing a lot of trivia type stuff this week. Heres the first. You will see below a list of comments made by players or coaches and another list of the games. Try to match the comments that were made after the games. There was only one game I couldn't find any comments to write up here. Some should be pretty easy and obvious, some will make you think. Good luck!

1. "We just went in there and made a few mistakes and they took advantage of that. Once we figured out what they were doing, we gathered ourselves and began to play our techniques and we began to play better." - Kanavis McGhee

2. "Oh you know me you know, I'm the Michael Jordan of college football, so I had to go up and get it." -Alfred Williams

3. "We just have to learn from all these ups and downs we had, and I think this will make us a better team in the long run." - Dave McCloughan

4. "Everything told us we had another down. Thats why we went for another down. We wouldnt have down the ball on 4th down. The yard marker showed three, the scoreboard showed three." - Bill McCartney

5. Could not find comment on this game

6. "The last time we played them at home we lost. In fact I cried, and I cried. Now I got tears of joy!" -Eric Bieniemy

7. "You know when you play a top ten team, you want to come out and play your best. Hats off to _____, they came out and played one of the better games I've seen in a long time." -Eric Bieniemy

8. "The team was looking for a way to show the nation that we are for real, and we should be ranked higher. We knew if we came out with a good win it would look good on our record. - Joel Steed

9. "It was breathtaking, it was unbelievable!"- Greg Thomas

10. "Just like we're starting all over. No wins, no ties, and no losses, thats the way it is. When everythings even across the board, go back to the drawing board and take it from there." - Darian Hagan

11. "It was a game where you knew you hit rock bottom and then you hit your highest peak. And right now I'm on my highest peak. The team showed a lot of poise, character and pride." -Eric Bieniemy

12. "This one right here determined our season, you know it's a big confidence builder for the team, especially for me, now we can just focus right on the Big 8." -Deon Figures

13. "We were that far away from just clickin'. And I think we clicked when we needed to and it will be tough for whoever we play from here on out." -Tim James

Tennessee
Stanford
Illinois
Texas
Washington
Missouri
Iowa state
Kansas
Oklahoma
Nebraska
Oklahoma state
Kansas state
Notre Dame

OK Leash, I'll give it a shot

1) Oklahoma State
2) Kansas State (after he caught a pass)
3) Stanford
4) Missouri
5) (Kansas)
6) Nebraska
7) Tennessee
8) Oklahoma
9) Notre Dame
10) Illinois
11) Texas
12) Washington
13) Iowa State

Back