What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Matt Barkley announcing his intentions today

Duff Man

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
I think he is gone, but USC is primed for a title run if he decides to come back.

if he stays he has a good shot of going #1 overall next year. This year he will be no better than the #2 QB off the board. Does USC still have the post-season ban next year? There is not much to play for if he stays.

if he stays he has a good shot of going #1 overall next year. This year he will be no better than the #2 QB off the board. Does USC still have the post-season ban next year? There is not much to play for if he stays.

The bowl ban for USC is done, so that is the major enticement for him to come back.

I think he has gotta go if he knows what is good for him. First of all he will be the second QB picked in all likelihood. Maybe RG3 goes before him but I would say thats unlikely since Barkley is a prototype NFL QB that more teams are probably willing to go with. Even going as the 2nd QB this year he will be a top 5 pick. He could have a national title shot if he stays but risking a injury or something to maybe move up 4 spots in next years draft? I don't see that happening. And god I hope he does leave.... saw enough of him in Boulder last year

If I remember correctly, 2 other USC underclassman that are projected in the 1st round have declared, including 1 on the offensive line. He may want to get out while he is hot.

Am I the only one who was not overly impressed by Barkley when he came through here?

Well, in all honesty, I saw CU play against both Andrew Luck and Matt Barkley. Luck had a much, much better day against us.

Luck not only had a better day against us, I think he attacked our defense in a way I have never seen. It was amazing to watch him find that soft spot in our zone over and over. Barkley looked good, but he receivers just burned our DBs and were wide open, so he was just playing catch out there.

Luck not only had a better day against us, I think he attacked our defense in a way I have never seen. It was amazing to watch him find that soft spot in our zone over and over. Barkley looked good, but he receivers just burned our DBs and were wide open, so he was just playing catch out there.

Exactly. Luck was like a surgeon out there. 3rd and 14? No matter, I'll find whichever receiver happens to be open 15 yards downfield. It was sickening.

Rumor is Barkley will be back for his senior year. If he were playing at CU, he would be long gone.

I think it is unfair to judge Barkley vs Luck based on just the quality of receivers alone. Barkley had 2 future top 10 draft picks at WR while Luck had 1 WR who couldn't stay on the field and a bunch of TE's.

Luck had 1 WR who couldn't stay on the field and a bunch of TE's.

and that is why NFL scouts love Luck so much. On the radio here yesterday one of the sports guys started looking at how the top 5 offenses use the TE and RB in the passing game and his number were eye opening. I didn't hear the whole segment, but the top 5 offense heavily used both the TE and RB in the passing game (New Orleans is #1 and they have Sproles and Graham, New England has the #2 offense and we all know their TE's). The NFL is evolving and the TE is becoming one of the most important positions on the whole team and if you have a QB that knows how to use a TE and hit them in zone coverage you can probably win quite a few games.

I think Barkley stays for chance at National Championship....and the joke would be he doesn't want to take a pay cut next year

Well, in all honesty, I saw CU play against both Andrew Luck and Matt Barkley. Luck had a much, much better day against us.

Actually, your opinions are typically accurate although I thought you got a LITTLE carried away with Richardson. With regard to Luck vs. Barkley it is hard to tell. I think the comment about the quality of receivers favoring Barkley is insightful. And, of course, the scouts and experts all like Luck which means a lot. But as we have seen, this is not an exact science. I would be thrilled if the Broncos could get either (cringing, waiting for the heavens to open and to be struck dead.....)!

I got a buddy that goes to USC, he is a hitting partner for the tennis team and knows some one who went to the SC football banquet, and said when matt spoke he got really emotional, and said stuff like " i hope this isnt my last time up here....blah blah" and teared up and stuff.

so i think he is gone. i think he should stay, they could for sure win the nati

Well if he stays I hope he blows out his knee in the last non-conference game.

"Here come the assholes."

I think USC takes a significant step back next year if he leaves...so please leave Matt.

With the NFL's new CBA isn't the disparity in rookie money a lot less now? If he's a top 10 pick now (which he would be), it's not like he could make $10M more by being picked #1.

Risky to come back IMO.

I don't see where you have confirmed this. Time to close the thread.

ESPN radio was reporting that his teammates were tweeting that Barkley is remaining at USC. Not difinitive word, but that is where the story is coming from apparently.

Back