What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Matt McChesney throws the hammer down - MUST LISTEN

He makes some good points, but comes across as real.
fify... unfortunately real comes across as being a jerk more often than not

Totally agree. These "kids" are old enough to vote and go to war and half of them can drink. They get their highlights on ESPN, their pictures in the paper and the cover of magazines. I never understood this need to avoid criticizing players when it's valid. College is where you begin to learn about real life, right? Well real life can be harsh.
Exactly, and it does a disservice to them to lie and falsely inflate their egos because they have only been living 18 years.

"They haven't play a good team yet..."

This. Sac State is considered "low" among their division. Fresno is rebuilding, only have 65 schollies, and we all know what CSU's reputation is.

Saddest and realist thing about that statement. Our first 3 games are our easiest (CSU= 2nd easiest, Sac = 1st, FSU = 3rd) and hell even Saturday is probably our 4th easiest. Everybody in the PAC is also taking steps forward while somehow, even with our back against the wall, we've found a way to step back. I really don't think I can watch the rest of the season... I guess its karma for laughing at teams like UW when they went 0fer but this is got to be even worse than that.

I could not agree more when he said that University of Colorado needs to invest in the football team. What I do not understand is how the administration does not realize how much a solid football team can help the university. Revenue wise among other things. A football team is not something that should push aside. It represents our university to a lot of people throughout the country.

He makes some good points, but comes across as a jerk.

I think CU football needs a little more jerk in them. Our opponents are not going to give us a win, we need to go and take it away from them forcibly.

But aren't Embree, EB, Cabral, Khanavis, etc all former leaders of a Buff's locker room. I do not agree that just because he is a former Buff that gives him more latitude in "attacking players" than a fan. I appreciate his perspective and since he has been there done that it give him more credibility but I thought he was a little over the top on attacking specific players. He also talked about the 4 seniors on defense but ignored that 2 of them were not playing. And I do not think he is the right source for the players to here from when he is just calling them out from the cheap seats like the "random Internet poster."

Yep, but umm aren't they coaches? Players expect to be called out by coaches (well unless they play for haLk). And some players deserve to get CRITICIZED (since when is criticizing attacking?). Neg rep away... but he's right the seniors, and especially the LB's (Rippy and Major) should never play a down of CU football again... theyve had a chance, and blew it, now let them sit on the bench and watch the younger guys play.

In an ideal world, Chez would have run the coaches out of the locker room and spoken these words to the team, direct and alone. Then closed with the threat: "And if I don't see better performance, next week I'll recite all of this on the radio so everyone can hear!"

I also think it's a disservice to pump sunshine instead of the truth. All of these "kids" have played long enough, lost enough, been hurt before, and they must know hurt-widdle-feelings don't mean diddly in the grand scheme of things. Getting them to take off their tutu's isn't a bad thing at all.

I could not agree more when he said that University of Colorado needs to invest in the football team. What I do not understand is how the administration does not realize how much a solid football team can help the university. Revenue wise among other things. A football team is not something that should push aside. It represents our university to a lot of people throughout the country.

Because they are either stupid, or more likely, gutless and scared of the backlash from "academia" and boulderites should money go towards helping jocks throw an egg across a field or whatever stupid **** theyll say. I am a liberal and I support education, but I also love me some sports, and love me some football and consider myself a realist and if these dumbass boulderites and "academics" really supported education, their school and their city they'd fully back the University of Colorado football team. Sadly the idots don't.

at what point was he wrong. He was 100% honest in his assessment and he was 100% right. We night to stop blowing sunshine up each other asses and realize that something needs to change.

I disagree with the idea of benching guys just because they're seniors. Not sure if people noticed, but Rippy was easily our best defensive player last year prior to his injury. Polk's also been hurt this year and played through some nasty injuries last year. Not fair to just say "bench the seniors" because they're not good enough or don't have heart. If younger players are better, by all means, give them more playing time, but don't just bench guys because they're seniors.

I disagree with the idea of benching guys just because they're seniors. Not sure if people noticed, but Rippy was easily our best defensive player last year prior to his injury. Polk's also been hurt this year and played through some nasty injuries last year. Not fair to just say "bench the seniors" because they're not good enough or don't have heart. If younger players are better, by all means, give them more playing time, but don't just bench guys because they're seniors.

he didn't want to bench them because they are seniors but according to him they are under-performing and that is why they should be benched.

I took it that he feels that the Seniors aren't leading, and if you aren't leading, get the hell out of the way.

WOW! Someone with some real credibility giving an honest, Simon-Cowell-esque critique of this team. A few quotes:

"These kids (seniors) don't care about this university."

"Jon Embree is in over his head."

"I don't know how Greg Brown still has a job."

"No one is ever going to say 'we were wrong', 'we made a mistake'". "It was probably wrong for Mike Bohn to listen to us." (talking about himself and others in the hiring process)

"There's no accountability."

"This is the cheapest university in the history of universities."

"The more I watch this, the worse I see us getting."

"We just got crushed by 3 teams that might get 10 wins all season."

I think that was one of the most candid, solid and accurate assessments of the state of CU Football I've heard in a very long time.

@SixZeroStrength

Does anybody see something wrong w/ the DefensiveAlignment?This is the root of my issue.DC cant even get them lined up

A3BZIbrCUAAwwtG.jpg

How is this even happening? Isn't this like, effing basic?

Last edited:
Every single one of these football players at the University of Colorado is an adult. They aren't, nor should they be, immune to criticism.

Thanks for posting that pix of the Really Bad Formation, on Fresno's TD #1. Eight Buffs are lined up to the left (lower, in this pix) of the Fresno Center. Two are directly in front of him - 3 yards back, at the goal line, and only one DB is standing to the right (to the top) of the Fresno Center.

It is such a ludicrous defensive formation. Eight guys on one side, two near the middle, and one covering the entire Fresno right-side of their line. And no defender sees this as wrong? I feel sorry for that lonely DB, standing upright. If he realizes the tsunami's coming, sheesh... "Oh, well, it's only one TD..." Yeah. If he'd know 62 more points would be raining down-!

And that was last year... he sucks this year, plain and simple. Him and Major might be two of the worst starting LB's we've had in a long long time. I agree that many of the underclassmen don't look too much better, but hell getting them some experience is the best option that I see. This season is ****ing over.

Last edited:
"We had 8 seniors in 2004, we got one win for every senior."

Eight wins that year. Zero excuses

Well I don't like calling them "cowards", football is a violent physically intense sport and I don't think anyone that puts a helmet and shoulder pads on should be referred to as cowards...do we have some bad players, absolutely, but I don't like the use of the word "coward"...

You are right. I prefer "spineless sissies", personally. They are crapping on something I gave my best orthopedic years for. They are not men.

Back