What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Maturity will define promising season for Spencer Dinwiddie, Colorado

cmgoods

Olympic Sports Mod
Club Member
Maturity was the buzzword for Colorado basketball last season, and not just because the Buffaloes had two freshmen, two sophomores and a junior making up their top five scorers and minutes played. Sure, there was an expected learning curve for Tad Boyle’s crew with so many inexperienced parts coming together in an improved Pac-12, but the maturity question kept popping up later in the season. Well into league play, it became code for a team that couldn’t consistently handle expectations or play the way it needed to play to be most effective.

SI.com article

Thanks for posting. Great read.

I love how Spencer says that he is the team's best player and then completes the thought with how the offense needs to run through Jelly, move through secondary options and then he'll work things off the pick & roll.

No one on the team can argue with Mayor being the best player and if he's not demanding to dominate the ball then everyone else has to fall into line.

Way to assert himself and set the tone for the year.

Great read - First I remember out side of this board saying that ski needs to set up and get more efficient in his shooting. I wholly agree. Next year is gonna be great.

Love the last quote from Tad. Something to the effect that guys need to step up, and if they don't he has "options". Gotta love having options!

Just got around to reading this, I love this quote:

With [Roberson] gone, ideally, we’d like to play through Josh Scott because he’s a dominant post presence, have ‘Ski’ get back to his efficient ways, and then have me do my thing with the pick-and-roll and have everyone eating off that. That would probably be the most efficient way we could play.”

I hope we see so much iso pick and roll with Dinwiddie and Scott next year that we get sick of it.

Back