1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maturity will define promising season for Spencer Dinwiddie, Colorado

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by cmgoods, Jul 3, 2013.

1. cmgoods

cmgoods Olympic Sports Mod Club Member

Maturity was the buzzword for Colorado basketball last season, and not just because the Buffaloes had two freshmen, two sophomores and a junior making up their top five scorers and minutes played. Sure, there was an expected learning curve for Tad Boyle’s crew with so many inexperienced parts coming together in an improved Pac-12, but the maturity question kept popping up later in the season. Well into league play, it became code for a team that couldn’t consistently handle expectations or play the way it needed to play to be most effective.

SI.com article

Buffs@5345' likes this.
  2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Thanks for posting. Great read.

I love how Spencer says that he is the team's best player and then completes the thought with how the offense needs to run through Jelly, move through secondary options and then he'll work things off the pick & roll.

No one on the team can argue with Mayor being the best player and if he's not demanding to dominate the ball then everyone else has to fall into line.

Way to assert himself and set the tone for the year.

3. wyobuff

wyobuff Well-Known Member

Great read - First I remember out side of this board saying that ski needs to set up and get more efficient in his shooting. I wholly agree. Next year is gonna be great.

4. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Expect big gains on offense. Please, lord, let us run an offense this year.

5. Buffs@5345'

Buffs@5345' Club Member Club Member

Love the last quote from Tad. Something to the effect that guys need to step up, and if they don't he has "options". Gotta love having options!

6. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

To quote 'tini and others: We're gonna win!

7. jgisland

jgisland Club Member Club Member

Just got around to reading this, I love this quote:

With [Roberson] gone, ideally, we’d like to play through Josh Scott because he’s a dominant post presence, have ‘Ski’ get back to his efficient ways, and then have me do my thing with the pick-and-roll and have everyone eating off that. That would probably be the most efficient way we could play.”

I hope we see so much iso pick and roll with Dinwiddie and Scott next year that we get sick of it.