What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Maurice Purify cited for drunk driving

Saulbadguy

Don't know if this is a repost. Don't really care. I wonder what his "punishment" will be?

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1200&u_sid=2398642

LINCOLN - Nebraska receiver Maurice Purify was cited early Friday on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol.

Deb Collins, public information coordinator for the Nebraska State Patrol, said Purify was stopped near North 1st Street and Cornhusker Highway in Lincoln. According to Collins, Purify was pulled over around 12:25 a.m. for speeding and failure to signal a turn.

No blood-alcohol level was released for Purify, 21, from Eureka, Calif.

Five weeks ago, Purify was involved in an incident at a Lincoln bar that led to charges of assault, failure to comply, resisting arrest and trespassing. Purify was believed to be headed for a pre-trial diversion program for that legal matter, and wasn't required to be in Lancaster County Court on Thursday for his scheduled arraignment.

It is not immediately known if the DUI charge would violate that agreement.

Purify is an All-Big 12 candidate who ranked as the Huskers' second-leading receiver last season, catching 34 passes for 630 yards and seven touchdowns. His last-second 9-yard TD catch on a Zac Taylor pass at Texas A&M gave NU a 28-27 lead.

Well, it appears that the young man has made some very poor decisions. The first being going to kNu in the first place.

frequently a move like this occurring during a probationary period will void the pre-trial diversion and re-intate the charges, I doubt that will happen in husker land.

$10 say he gets of lighter than Paris.

He must have left his NU Football Player Get Out of Jail Free card at home. :lol:

Seriously, though, this is too bad for the kid. He needs to get his **** together. He's got a great opportunity and is quickly throwing it away.

I'm sorry, if he's not kicked off the team after this, I'll be SHOCKED and will lose what little respect I had left for Callahan.

Boot his ass Cally!

Kid needs to stop making bad decisions, could be a great NFL player someday, these choices are not gonna get him there.

If I were Cally I would seriously look into some major suspension or even kick off the team.

This is one of those deals where it appears on the surface, and I'm just speculating here, but it appears Mo has some sort of an alcohol dependency. It is at this point that I start to worry about the kid as a person and not as a football player. It's really hard to be on the side of keeping him on the team, but I can't help but wonder right now if that is th ebest thing for Mo. I mean what is this kid's life going to be without the structure of football, and I really don't think he can pay his own way to finish and get his degree.

This is just really a difficult situation to be in if you're Callahan. I'm glad I'm not him right now.

~Dusty

This is one of those deals where it appears on the surface, and I'm just speculating here, but it appears Mo has some sort of an alcohol dependency. It is at this point that I start to worry about the kid as a person and not as a football player. It's really hard to be on the side of keeping him on the team, but I can't help but wonder right now if that is th ebest thing for Mo. I mean what is this kid's life going to be without the structure of football, and I really don't think he can pay his own way to finish and get his degree.

This is just really a difficult situation to be in if you're Callahan. I'm glad I'm not him right now.

~Dusty

Sorry, but I gotta call bull**** on this one. Keeping him on the team because to cut him loose would cause unrelenting and irreversable damage to his psyche is the biggest copout I can think of. The sooner he figures out that there are consequences for his actions, the better off he'll be in the long run. I would argue that kicking him off the team would be the best thing for him. I don't think Cally's decision is all that difficult when you look at it from that point of view. Kick him off the team, let him stay on scholarship (kind of like what our B-Ball coach did with a few players recently), and refer him to the school's mental health professionals.

Sorry, but I gotta call bull**** on this one. Keeping him on the team because to cut him loose would cause unrelenting and irreversable damage to his psyche is the biggest copout I can think of. The sooner he figures out that there are consequences for his actions, the better off he'll be in the long run. I would argue that kicking him off the team would be the best thing for him. I don't think Cally's decision is all that difficult when you look at it from that point of view. Kick him off the team, let him stay on scholarship (kind of like what our B-Ball coach did with a few players recently), and refer him to the school's mental health professionals.

I might be wrong, but me thinks ol' Dusty might be baiting you with the TO reason to keep Larry Phillips..... just a hunch.:cool:

I don't know if Dusty was jerking your chain or not, but I agree. He'll be much better off later in life if he learns this the hard way.

Good judgment is often learned through experiences and bad judgment.

I'm sorry, if he's not kicked off the team after this, I'll be SHOCKED and will lose what little respect I had left for Callahan.

Boot his ass Cally!

I gave you first time posting rep, and decided not to give you negative rep due to have a even smidgen of respect for Cally. But will neg rep your ass so fast your head will spin the next time you ever utter 'respect' and 'Cally' in the same sentance. Now go get me a beer!!:smile2: :lol:

I gave you first time posting rep, and decided not to give you negative rep due to have a even smidgen of respect for Cally. But will neg rep your ass so fast your head will spin the next time you ever utter 'respect' and 'Cally' in the same sentance. Now go get me a beer!!:smile2: :lol:

Rep delivered for the clarification for a newbie FIB.:thumbsup:

let me guess... this is another example of the overzealous police in lincoln, right? they are just out to ruin the team. :lol:

Has been suspended indefinitely, and should be kicked off the team.IMO!

WTF, he was still on the team after his vicious premeditated attack on a bouncer and then turning on the girlfriend of the bouncer. If hillbilly throatslash has any integrity or brains he would have been booted and his scholarship pulled after this incident.

my bet is that the ****ing jerkwad hillbilly throatslash has him suited and starting the 1st game this fall....

hmmm I wonder if Paris Hilton has an open bunk in her cell......:lol:

WTF, he was still on the team after his vicious premeditated attack on a bouncer and then turning on the girlfriend of the bouncer. If hillbilly throatslash has any integrity or brains he would have been booted and his scholarship pulled after this incident.

my bet is that the ****ing jerkwad hillbilly throatslash has him suited and starting the 1st game this fall....

hmmm I wonder if Paris Hilton has an open bunk in her cell......:lol:

I might take you up on that. I bet he is suspended for the first game to give the impression that they took the incidents "seriously" and then he plays the remainder of the season.

IMO he should be thrown off the team because he is just going to infest the rest of the team with his bull****! I don't care how good he is because he has to go!:sad2:

IMO he should be thrown off the team because he is just going to infest the rest of the team with his bull****! I don't care how good he is because he has to go!:sad2:

I don't think he is going anywhere probably will be suspended for a couple of games, lets not forget big Tom Callahan coached the raiders a little DUI is nothing after the **** Sebastian Janikowski used to pull.

I don't think he is going anywhere probably will be suspended for a couple of games, lets not forget big Tom Callahan coached the raiders a little DUI is nothing after the **** Sebastian Janikowski used to pull.

I think that would be total bull**** if that was to happen. Only suspending him for a few games would be ****ing retarded! He obviously can't stay away from the alcohol and to get into trouble twice in 5 weeks just goes to show you that he obviously doesn't give a ****. :sad2:

What's next for Purify? Charges for staging dog fights?

Back