What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Maybe the whole university won't go private, but why not the AD?

Do you really need a meeting room to yell "Powder blue, Bohn!!!" ? :lol:

Obviously I do not. But he wouldn't be able to wave me off so easily in a "shareholders meeting". He'd have to address my concerns. That gets to the heart of the viability of doing something like this. You'd have to provide some kind of benefit for those who "invested". To my way of thinking, simply having access to the financials would be sufficient.

Since it is a little slow around here and this actually a subject that has not been repeated over and over again for weeks. Why are you against it?

Because it sends a very poor message to the university as a whole. The university has to deal with TABOR? Sucks for them, we are going on our own. Either people need to take on TABOR directly or accept that the universities will never be funded adequately through taxpayer money. The idea that we can piece meal solutions around TABOR ignores the issue and does little to solve the overall problem.

Because it sends a very poor message to the university as a whole. The university has to deal with TABOR? Sucks for them, we are going on our own. Either people need to take on TABOR directly or accept that the universities will never be funded adequately through taxpayer money. The idea that we can piece meal solutions around TABOR ignores the issue and does little to solve the overall problem.

Until, that is, the time when enough end-arounds have been done to render TABOR impotent. I have no problem with that. So while I agree that the issue is bigger (you have to add Amd 23 to the discussion), anything that can be done to get around a ridiculous circumstance is fine by me.

Until, that is, the time when enough end-arounds have been done to render TABOR impotent. I have no problem with that. So while I agree that the issue is bigger (you have to add Amd 23 to the discussion), anything that can be done to get around a ridiculous circumstance is fine by me.

I guess. I am just sick of everyone in this state ignoring the major issue with TABOR/Amendment 23. I feel like we are going to be talking about funding issues for higher education in 2030 with no one having the guts to just come out and say voters ****ed up.

I guess. I am just sick of everyone in this state ignoring the major issue with TABOR/Amendment 23. I feel like we are going to be talking about funding issues for higher education in 2030 with no one having the guts to just come out and say voters ****ed up.

Everybody admits the voters f*cked up. The problem is that the Democrats say the voters f*cked up with TABOR. The Rebpulicans say the voters f*cked up with Amd 23, and neither is willing to give up it's sacred cow.

Everybody admits the voters f*cked up. The problem is that the Democrats say the voters f*cked up with TABOR. The Rebpulicans say the voters f*cked up with Amd 23, and neither is willing to give up it's sacred cow.

Some people have said the voters ****ed up. A lot of people (especially those that matter) are hesitant to come out and say anything of the sort. I agree about the two sides have their sacred cows, but I do not see much leadership at all on the state level about truly reforming anything. That has to change at some point.

Some people have said the voters ****ed up. A lot of people (especially those that matter) are hesitant to come out and say anything of the sort. I agree about the two sides have their sacred cows, but I do not see much leadership at all on the state level about truly reforming anything. That has to change at some point.

Ph uck Amd 23. TABOR rocks!

Back