What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Maybe Tyler Hansen is not the answer ether.

Buffan,

I would have liked this thread a LOT better if it were called "talking about our QB situation" or something else. I don't like calling out a player by name, especially in a thread title. Tyler, and Cody, Seth, Jerry, Clark, all of them ... they are college students doing their best, as the saying goes. Tyler may not be the answer, but he hasn't even been asked the question yet, if you ask me.

Your point is well taken, but a few point regarding player treatment.

1. I think I like most posters tend to refrain from outright bashing of the players.
2. These young men are playing Major College football and it is hot in that kitchen.
3. It is impractical not refer to specific players in a discussion.
4. I didn't call Tyler out or put him Down. I agree we haven’t seen Tyler yet. I just asked what if Tyler is not an improvement to Cody. I think we need to be making plans for another option at the same time.
5. if you noticed I tried hard not to Bash or call out Cody while pointing out that should not be the starting QB

1. he's a freshman and arrived at camp late due to said all star game being in July. Lobato and Jerry Slota had two months of practice with the team before Evans was there to get familiar with the routine. In other words: you can't judge a kid by two weeks of work.

2. allstar games are, well, a joke. I went to Colorado's and it was a mix and match of kids from different schools and different styles. Hard to get any rhythm going. Most of the top QBs don't play them (Barkley didn't and he was asked, too) because they don't want to get hurt, especially with kids who have no allegiance to them. Evans played his out of respect for his HS coach, who was coaching the allstar game.

Good points.

Your point is well taken, but a few point regarding player treatment.

1. I think I like most posters tend to refrain from outright bashing of the players.
2. These young men are playing Major College football and it is hot in that kitchen.
3. It is impractical not refer to specific players in a discussion.
4. I didn't call Tyler out or put him Down. I agree we haven’t seen Tyler yet. I just asked what if Tyler is not an improvement to Cody. I think we need to be making plans for another option at the same time.
5. if you noticed I tried hard not to Bash or call out Cody while pointing out that should not be the starting QB

It's difficult for us to post on the topic of our QB situation, I can't imagine how hard it is for these guys to live it.

Not trying to call you out ... just saying in retrospect since your thread is an interesting discussion of quarterback options in the present and future, I would have liked it better with a more generic title.

But then I get all fidgety when people post off-topic in recruit profile threads, too. I'd volunteer to be the tsk-tsking resident board curmudgeon, but they said I have to wait in line. Others have seniority in the position.:smile2:

Originally Posted by AlferdJasper
1. he's a freshman and arrived at camp late due to said all star game being in July. Lobato and Jerry Slota had two months of practice with the team before Evans was there to get familiar with the routine. In other words: you can't judge a kid by two weeks of work.

Are you saying 1 month of summer workout is all that seperates walkons from 3 star scholarship players?

That seems a little weak.

Back