What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB: #1 Kansas @ Colorado Game Thread

Nice effort by the Buffs. I knew when the game got to OT that the Buffs would bow out.

I was not overwhelmingly impressed with the Buffs' last possession in OT. Didn't look like there was a real cohesive play.

Nice effort by the Buffs. I knew when the game got to OT that the Buffs would bow out.

I was not overwhelmingly impressed with the Buffs' last possession in OT. Didn't look like there was a real cohesive play.

I'm sorry ... but is the game actually over? :huh:

This game was lost in regulation.. 3 of the last 4 possessions: Tomlinson half court shot, Tomlinson turnover, Higgins airball 3 pointer at the end of regulation..

I tell you Tomlinson = John Starks.. Thinks he's much better than he really is.. Ridiculous play by him at the end of the game.. Its amazing Coach B puts up with his act..

Would have been a great win, but alas another moral victory..

Hard to be too upset when you don't have one of your top 2 players and you take #1 Kansas into overtime.

I guess it's a good thing that it hurts, though. We're getting very close to being a nightmare for opponents when we play in Boulder.

**** ME. Great effort , AWESOME CROWD but another tough loss. One day we will win and not have to talk about moral victories. That last offensive series at the end of the game was atrocious, come on jeff! BTW, kansas fans make me want to puke and the point guard flexing his muscles is a punk. Yeah, you really showed cu....

This game was lost in regulation.. 3 of the last 4 possessions: Tomlinson half court shot, Tomlinson turnover, Higgins airball 3 pointer at the end of regulation..

I tell you Tomlinson = John Starks.. Thinks he's much better than he really is.. Ridiculous play by him at the end of the game.. Its amazing Coach B puts up with his act..

Would have been a great win, but alas another moral victory..

Tomlinson drives me to drink...

Hard to be too upset when you don't have one of your top 2 players and you take #1 Kansas into overtime.
r.

Eventually, you have to win some of these games.. Coach B needs a big win to show his program is getting better..

Good game. But I think I generally sum up every Buffs fan's thoughts right now by saying close is not good enough. Oh yeah, and "****".

MORAL VICTORY (clap, clap, clap clap clap)
MORAL VICTORY (clap, clap, clap clap clap)

Sorry, but we gotta win these games. You get very few chances to knock off the #1 team in the country. When you have the ball with 10 seconds left in a tie game coming out of a timeout, you HAVE TO MAKE THE BASKET. End of story.

Major props to the boys for an incredible effort tonight....without Burks this team really stepped up...major kudos to the role players like Hornbuckle & Knutson....really wish we had a better set on the final possession in regulation....ARGGGG...was hoping for a 2003 repeat & stormage of the court!

:gobuffs:

i agree with much of the questioning of Tomlinson. we sucked in the last minute, but he played a good game against a player he is never going get a call from in S.Collins.

no such thing as a moral victory. for 2 years now, we have to win one of these.

Somehow,someway, jeff has got to recruit some 6-9-6-11 "athletic" big men. Not from austrailia, some harrison,alonzo mourning type centers.

Cannot be satisfied with playing the #1 team close. We need to learn how to close out games sooner rather than later.

Tomlinson plays pretty solid until we get in late game, close situations. Then he shoots a shot out his ass from about 30 feet, has about 3 turnovers at crunch time, and those turnovers were killer. Might have had a 3 point lead or so instead of 1. I dont know what the hell Higgins was doing on the last possession of regulation. He waited way too long to decide what he wanted to do. He was shooting line drives all night from deep, no lift at all. I would have rather seen him drive or drive & pullup for something midrange or dish it. Its like he forgot how much was on the shotclock and the ballscreens didnt help. Loved the effort and I hope they play that hard every game, not just against Kansas.

Yeah, Tomlinson needs to be on the bench at crunch time. :keule:

And WTF was with that last offensive possesion in regulation?!?!? Work the ball around and try to get a good shot. Maybe it goes in, maybe it doesn't, but at least get a decent shot. I'm not so much pissed at the loss as I am the fact they didn't even TRY to get a good shot there. That whole possesion was just terrible. ARRRRRRRRGGHHHHH.

Somehow,someway, jeff has got to recruit some 6-9-6-11 "athletic" big men. Not from austrailia, some harrison,alonzo mourning type centers.

Andrew Bogut was from Australia I believe.. I don't care where there are from, we just need some size up front.

so, that's the most i have watched of a CU basketball game in a very long time. i've only watched "highlights" of this year's team before tonight. i know there are no moral victories, but the Buffs look like a pretty well-coached team. compared to ricardo's teams, they look downright poised and professional. the bottom line, really, is athletes. ku has a ton of them and CU, well, doesn't have so many elite guys.

i actually came away from that hopeful. good coaching can take you places. it is a far less depressing situation than the fooball team. i hope they are on tv more-- i liked watching them D up and distribute the ball and run motion and such... it was seriously night and day between this and ricardo. man, it would have been something to see what bzzz could have done with chauncey.

anyhow, i know a lot of you watch it a lot more closely than i do, but i see glimmers of hope. am i crazy?

Eventually, you have to win some of these games.. Coach B needs a big win to show his program is getting better..

I totally agree. That's why I said it hurts.

But I'm feeling it for Saturday now. Especially if Burks plays against his home state team that didn't even bother to recruit him. Need to beat Mizzou.

anyhow, i know a lot of you watch it a lot more closely than i do, but i see glimmers of hope. am i crazy?

You're not crazy. The problem is, we have been playing a TON of close games the last couple years which mostly end in losses. At some point, we have to take the next step. The proverbial hump seems like a mountain right now.

Not at all. Only 1 senior on the team. Our best point guard is missing the season with a knee surgery (and is recovering ahead of schedule). And word is that we're in the recruiting lead for 2 guys who are both over 7 feet tall. Future's bright.

I totally agree. That's why I said it hurts.

But I'm feeling it for Saturday now. Especially if Burks plays against his home state team that didn't even bother to recruit him. Need to beat Mizzou.

Mizzou is going to come in pissed. They had their incredibly long home-court winning streak snapped by A&M tonite.

Ill be much more hopeful when we can get a game like this. Really could send them on a roll. Liked the guards rebounding tonight, been wanting to see that, it was helpful. Honestly, id like to see it come on the road.

Not at all. Only 1 senior on the team. Our best point guard is missing the season with a knee surgery (and is recovering ahead of schedule). And word is that we're in the recruiting lead for 2 guys who are both over 7 feet tall. Future's bright.

Do you know there names?

Back