What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB: #24 Baylor Game Notes & Game Thread

Great win. VERY loud in that building tonight. I thought the defense down the stretch was outstanding. Baylor looked very frustrated out there. Got a little bit of "home cooking" from the refs, but more than that I thought our pressure D forced Baylor into some really poor decisions down the stretch. Personally I thought this was a nightmare matchup for the Buffs - a team with deadly outside shooting plus long, rangy rebounders everywhere. But somehow we forced them completely out of their comfort zone. Great coaching, great effort.

As for the crowd, it was probably about 5800 total, and the student turnout was really great - two sections full almost to the top. The one thing CU needs to get straight: The students were late getting into the building because all of them are herded into one entrance. My two student kids got on line the same time I did. I saw the player intros and tipoff, while they finally got in almost 5 minutes into the game. The line was about 1/4 around the building.

CU, come on. You guys can do better than this for paying fans. And I guarantee that next time there's a big weekend game (likely this Sat vs KSU), the walkup fans will be screwed and miss the beginning of the game because we can't figure out to set up a table that sells General Admission Cash Only Tickets! Frustrating.

CU, come on. You guys can do better than this for paying fans. And I guarantee that next time there's a big weekend game (likely this Sat vs KSU), the walkup fans will be screwed and miss the beginning of the game because we can't figure out to set up a table that sells General Admission Cash Only Tickets! Frustrating.

here here.

The one thing CU needs to get straight: The students were late getting into the building because all of them are herded into one entrance. My two student kids got on line the same time I did. I saw the player intros and tipoff, while they finally got in almost 5 minutes into the game. The line was about 1/4 around the building.

I agree that was the most frustrating part of the night. I was thrilled to see a ton of fellow students at the game, but the AD needs to figure out a better system... 3 card swipers for all of us students is just crazy

I agree that was the most frustrating part of the night. I was thrilled to see a ton of fellow students at the game, but the AD needs to figure out a better system... 3 card swipers for all of us students is just crazy

This is the type of thing the AD needs to hear from the students. Bohn and his staff are very mindful of improving the experience of attending events. If they get a handful of constructive complaints about this I would not be surprised if the situation was rectified immediately.

Last edited:
I sent mine too.. im sure glad we won tonight because some students were not happy about standing in line for 15+ minutes freezing, but getting the W makes it all worth it

i've had this problem in the past as well.

Official site reports attendance at 6900. Didn't know the CEC would hold many people. Some other things I thought were interesting -- 3-1 assist to turnover ratio (that's flippin' awesome), and 6 less fouls than the bears (doesn't sound like the home-cooking was extreme cuisine).

Until Baylor started to intentionally foul the last couple minutes, more fouls had been called on Colorado. It was not home cookin' in the least.

Official site reports attendance at 6900. Didn't know the CEC would hold many people.

CEC holds about 10,000. i've said numerous times that with about 6000+, and for all the complaints about the cookie cutter concrete mausoleum feel.....it's a tough gym when people show up and there really isn't a bad seat in the house. sight-lines are good. leaves a lot to be desired for re: amenities and video board/central scoreboard (and hasn't really changed at all since i going to games with my dad in the early 80's--minus the blue paint here and there).....but, it's far from the worst gym for *seeing a game* around. i went to the Ford Center when it first opened to an All-College with my step-dad and it was awful. terrible sightlines (and this was in a luxury box!). posts and human traffic in walkways blocking your vantage point and view of the court, etc. sound was mediocre. i understand the latest set of renovations has improved a bunch of that though (that and having an NBA team).

i remember being at games at the CEC in the mid 90's where you could hear other fans having conversations from across the court while play was occurring. that was sad.

Alex Burks' baseline drive finishing with a reverse layup is #4 on ESPN's Top 10 today! :slayer::woot:

What is that? Oh yeah. The feeling of PRIDE!

Good job.

Yep. I believe that Bzdelik may be working on moving Austin back to PF so he and Shane can be on the court together more often.

Agreed. Best move for him and allows him to be more natural.

Harris-Tunks, IMO, has been impressive (all things considered) of late.

Also, Relphorde, a nice player anyway, has noticeably stepped up his game of late.

:nod: He's turning into one of those players who wants the ball when the game is on the line.

And speaking of another one of those players..... Damn it was great to see Burks on the ESPN Top 10 last night!!!

Coach Bizzy B on the Fan right now. We are lucky we have him.

Wow have things changed quickly.

To be frank, I loved the hire but questioned WTF he was doing in year 1 & 2 with all the players being let go, and transfering out; the latest, Toby Veal, really pissed me off initially.

However, NOW, you begin to see this thing coming together a bit and I'm becoming very optimistic (pending some crazy-ass move by coach B, to the pros perhaps) for this program.

Back