1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MBB: Big 12 Awards - Congrats to Burks and Higgins

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Buffnik, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=204903228

Burks named Big 12 Freshman of the Year:

Burks is the first Colorado athlete to be named the Big 12 Freshman of the Year. The guard is the top-scoring freshman in the league, ranking seventh overall with 16.8 points per game. He also led the conference in field goal shooting, connecting at a .536 mark in 29 contests. His scoring and field goal percentage numbers are fourth nationally among all freshmen.

All-Big 12 Third Team
    Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Cl. Hometown/Previous School(s)
    Cory Higgins, Colorado G 6-5 190 Jr. Danville, Calif./Monta Vista/The Pendleton School [Fla.]

All-Big 12 Honorable Mention (Listed alphabetically by school)
    Alec Burks (Colorado)

Big 12 All-Rookie Team
    Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Cl. Hometown/Previous School(s)
    Alec Burks, Colorado G 6-6 185 Fr. Grandview, Mo./Grandview

:gobuffs:

2. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

Great for AB!

I think Cory should have been higher than 3rd Team though...

3. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

great for AB and the program. might have voted for Turgeon as COY if it were me. i don't like the guy much from his KU playing days, but put together a very nice year.

4. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Next years squad is starting to look very good imo. I wonder how this team will perform with the higher expectations that will be placed on them.

5. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

With Cory averaging 19 ppg, he'd have likely made the 1st Team in probably every conference except the Big XII. We are so deep this year. Consider Anderson, Collins, Aldrich, James, Pullen, Brackins.... Just a load of great players.