What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB: @ Iowa State Game Notes & Game Thread

Ill answer your post BB. The MVC isnt exactly the ACC or Big East. I know I havent watched them, which i have, and im full of crap. The whole point is CU should be at a higher level.

Perzactly. I don't give a damn how good the MVC is, CU should be better. Always.

I understand what he was saying, what Im saying is CU should be better than that. Damn this school has alot of work to do in alot of areas. I mention ACC and here comes CarolinaBuff lol. What shade of blue do you prefer?

Anything but tar hole blue, that's for sure.

Thats good, I cant stand them either. Best rivalry in basketball, Duke and North Carolina. I wanna see a game in CIS one of these days.

The MVC champ has reached the Sweet 16 twice in the last 4 years, and in one of those years they had 2 teams make the Sweet 16,

Perzactly. I don't give a damn how good the MVC is, CU should be better. Always.

So CU should be a sweet 16 team more than 50% of the time??

Good to know we're not setting our sights unreasonably high at this point... :lol:

Which means that CU would have to be in the top one-third to one-half of the Big 12. Always. That'd be real nice, but it's not gonna happen. :huh:

I think the goal should be to play well in conference and at least be talked about gettin into the Tourney. Trying to make the tourney is what should happen every year. I dont think that is too much to ask at all.

Which means that CU would have to be in the top one-third to one-half of the Big 12. Always. That'd be real nice, but it's not gonna happen. :huh:

Name me one MVC school that has any advantages over CU. Any. Better school? Better facilities? Better environment? Better exposure? Bigger athletic budget?

Name me one MVC school that has any advantages over CU. Any. Better school? Better facilities? Better environment? Better exposure? Bigger athletic budget?

They have the ability to get to the Sweet 16.

OK. I give up. I'll accept that a bunch of nobody directional schools in the middle of nowhere are better than CU.

So now I'll follow up with this: Why are they better? For the sake of conversation I'll use Northern Iowa. What did Northern Iowa do to put itself into a position where it's got a better basketball program than the University of Colorado?

OK. I give up. I'll accept that a bunch of nobody directional schools in the middle of nowhere are better than CU.

So now I'll follow up with this: Why are they better? For the sake of conversation I'll use Northern Iowa. What did Northern Iowa do to put itself into a position where it's got a better basketball program than the University of Colorado?

For one, their arena (the McLeod Center) actually has a video board and 2 ribbon boards in addition to its 2 scoreboards. It's brand new - opened in 2006. They've also figured out how to use the facility in order to make money by renting it out for concerts and other events. http://www.uni.edu/mcleod/facts.shtml

They've also been in the NCAA tournament 4 out of the last 6 years - soon to be 5 out of 7 ('04, '05, '06 and '09). Before that, though, they hadn't been since 1990. The Missouri Valley Conference had always been a good small conference, but what set them apart is that they were the first to crack the RPI code and make a big commitment to scheduling smartly in order to get the maximum number of teams into the tourney. Others have caught up and the MVC has only been sending 1 or 2 a year for the past few years, but at its height in 2006 the MVC put 4 teams in the NCAAs. They've now got upperclassmen recruits playing from the strong recruiting classes generated by all the success in the middle of the decade.

I expect CU to pass the MVC schools except for maybe Bradley. They've got a hell of a program that's close to both Chicago and St. Louis. They're Top 50 in attendance every year. Here's what their arena looks like:

DVIUOQLGQHOWNSC.20061115184811.jpg

agreed - I'd be happy I guess with 5 wins, but I still want that 6th or 7th win that I was hoping/predicting.

This ISU loss hurts a lot in my opinion. The Big 12 is the strongest conference in the country in my opinion - everyone points to the Big East, but I think from top to bottom, Big 12 is strongest. With that said, ISU while is no slouch, they are along with Nebraska a team that CU needs to be beat. They are teams that are games we should win - and we need to do that.

I really hope Burks gets good health during his CU career...

Agree completely! That's why I think CU nabs a win @ Nebraska, and still get's 4 home wins (Mizzou, OU, T-Tech, & ISU) - giving them a 7-9 season.

I think if someone were to force you to put money on which ONE of the bottom 4 teams (ISU, CU, Neb, & Tex Tech) has the brightest future outlook, you would likely put your money on either ISU or CU, right!?

So it's all there. We just need to get bigger/better in the post, and make sure Sharpe is healthy. I think, although this year has been much more fun, next year the Buffs should start to make some serious noise.

We just need to get bigger/better in the post, and make sure Sharpe is healthy. I think, although this year has been much more fun, next year the Buffs should start to make some serious noise.

I really hope you're right. I really hope CU is right on the cusp of breaking out. I just can't bring myself to believe it until I see it with my own eyes. Too many disappointments and false starts.

Good call, Buffnik. Bradley is a historically relevant program. Though dated now, they've been to numerous NCAA Final Fours and have won multiple NIT titles.

They are aided by their hometown of Peoria, which is a hoops recruiting hotbed. They are coached by a former alum who played in the NBA. Their arena is solid, and they host the Illinois HS tournament every year.

For one, their arena (the McLeod Center) actually has a video board and 2 ribbon boards in addition to its 2 scoreboards. It's brand new - opened in 2006. They've also figured out how to use the facility in order to make money by renting it out for concerts and other events. http://www.uni.edu/mcleod/facts.shtml

They've also been in the NCAA tournament 4 out of the last 6 years - soon to be 5 out of 7 ('04, '05, '06 and '09). Before that, though, they hadn't been since 1990. The Missouri Valley Conference had always been a good small conference, but what set them apart is that they were the first to crack the RPI code and make a big commitment to scheduling smartly in order to get the maximum number of teams into the tourney. Others have caught up and the MVC has only been sending 1 or 2 a year for the past few years, but at its height in 2006 the MVC put 4 teams in the NCAAs. They've now got upperclassmen recruits playing from the strong recruiting classes generated by all the success in the middle of the decade.

I expect CU to pass the MVC schools except for maybe Bradley. They've got a hell of a program that's close to both Chicago and St. Louis. They're Top 50 in attendance every year. Here's what their arena looks like:

DVIUOQLGQHOWNSC.20061115184811.jpg

Back