What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB: @ Nebraska Game Notes & Game Thread

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=204898339

GAME #29 at Nebraska Cornhuskers (14-15, 2-12 Big 12)

• Date: Tuesday, March 2

• Tipoff: 6:07 p.m. (MST)

• Television: FSN Midwest/FSN Rocky Mountain, ESPN Full Court, ESPN360.com

• Announcers: Greg Sharpe (p-b-p), Eric Piatkowski (analyst)

• CU Radio: KKZN 760-AM: Mark Johnson (p-b-p), Charles Johnson (analyst); Sirius Channel 121 (NU Broadcast)

• Series vs. Nebraska: Cornhuskers lead 76-79 and 16-12 in Big 12 play. CU trails 2-11 in Big 12 play and have lost five straight at the Devaney Center. Last CU win Jan. 14, 2004 (68-60).

QUICKLY: Cory Higgins' fourth career 30-point effort (33 vs. ISU) moves him into 12th place on CU's all-time points list; he's 42 points from the school's top 10 • In two games against Iowa State, Casey Crawford averaged 10 ppg. (8-of-13 FG), with a trio of treys and six rebounds • Alec Burks needs 36 points to set the CU freshmen record for points in a season. He has 445 points (Chauncey Billups, 1995-96, 465) is next on the list • Higgins is the first CU player this season to lead the team solo in four of six categories in a game (points, rebounds, blocks, 3-pointers made). He's the last CU players to do that, 53 games ago Dec. 10, 2008 against Colorado State (in Boulder) when he scored 33 points, six rebounds, three 3-pointers and three steals in a Buff win.

Big 12-only games: Cory Higgins ranks first in steals (2.0); Higgins is third (.500) and Alec Burks is fourth in FG% (.497); Nate Tomlinson is fourth in turnover-assist ratio (1.9) and sixth in assists (4.2). Higgins (18.7 ppg., third overall) and Burks (16.7 ppg., ninth overall) and are one of two schools ranked with a pair in the scoring top-10 (K-State is the other).

Alec Burks needs 36 more points to become the all-time leading freshman scorer in CU history. He is currently 20 behind Chauncey for 2nd place (35 behind Roby for 1st).

Dwight Thorne gets his last chance tonight for a Big 12 road win. He has been shut out in his 4 years at CU (31 straight losses). This would be a really sweet win for the senior. I hope he has a big night in a victory.

With a win tonight, the Buffs also effectively end Nebraska's season, eliminating any possibility that the Nubs reach .500 and qualify for the NIT. More importantly, a win pushes the Buffs to 14-15 and within striking distance of the NIT. If CU wins tonight and Baylor wins at Texas Tech (also at 6pm on ESPN 360), the Buffs also move into sole possession of 8th place in the Big 12 heading into our season finale hosting Tech on Saturday.

Chat will be going tonight.

:gobuffs:

Please let us win this game. A win tonight and I am inclined to say we took a nice step forward this season.

Too bad school prevents me from watching the game live.:huh:

Lose tonight, and the doubts creep back in as to whether or not Bzdelik is the right guy for the job. All the "progress" that has been made will be for naught. Sucks, but it's reality.

Lose tonight, and the doubts creep back in as to whether or not Bzdelik is the right guy for the job. All the "progress" that has been made will be for naught. Sucks, but it's reality.
No it isn't. It's just your opinion. I know the AD is good with Jeff regardless of how we do tonight.

....Next season though is a different story.

yeah, thats like, your own opinion, man.

...didn't you say the same thing about the KState game...or something really similar? I forget, but I remember I disagreed with you then...and I disagree with you now. I understand that not winning on the road for three straight seasons is alarming, but the basketball team really has made progress.

I agree however though with Valdez in that if we don't improve next season (winning record overall, and solid NIT bid at least), yes, Bz may find himself in some trouble. Unfortunately, unless Sharpe is much better than I'm expecting, or Tunks imporves leaps and bounds, I can see us struggle a bit next season as well. Bz really needs to land Ndiaye or Loe...he knows it too, and I hope he has some contingency plan in place...just in case we get neither.

Damnit, if its on Rocky Mountain, I wont get to see it. They black it out here unless its on alttitude, Ill try that midwest channel.

Yeah. I'm not liking this broadcast at all.

But I'll take the 8-2 start. :woot:

11-4 Buffs at the 16:10 mark. We're shooting well so far. Nate, Alec and Marcus have all hit 3s. Cory hit a very pretty teardrop runner off a drive.

at least espn360 is working... I just saw that my DVR is recording "blacked out" content on FSN.

Way to answer the Husker run and get the lead up to 11.

21-10 with 11:30 to play in the half.

5/5 from 3 pt range

:gobuffs:

**** that bank commerical **** it right in the ass i hope they go belly up and the FDIC says **** you corncobs!!!

wow, wearing the gold on the road, this is hard t watch.

I just had to watch a commercial for a Nebraska bank talking **** about a blowout football win against Colorado.

I hope we beat them by 30 tonight. :pissed:

I just had to watch a commercial for a Nebraska bank talking **** about a blowout football win against Colorado.

I hope we beat them by 30 tonight. :pissed:

And to make matters worse .... it was Charlie McBride, who played at and graduated from CU.

Does the man have NO affection for his alma mater? :huh:

how the **** is that nebraska ball it hit the ****ing rim and was off the ****ing Fuskers... ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?!?!?1

Nubs are getting some home cooking from the refs. Pressing us and crashing the glass but have only committed 4 fouls the entire half? Whatever. Got to win this one 5 on 8 (as expected).

Still, 35-28 at the half isn't so bad.

In other news: Baylor is down 1 to Texas Tech at halftime (37-38) and Missouri is tied with Iowa State at halftime (31-31). We need Baylor and Mizzou to win tonight.

good to know the nebrasaka lotto protects nebraska's natural resources... wait... what natural resources?!?!?

Back