What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB: @ Texas A&M Game Notes & Game Thread

Holy ****! Tied at 59 with 48 seconds to play. A&M ball. Come on defense!!!

:gobuffs:

I cannot believe this game is tied with under a minute to go. Great aggressive defense down the stretch.

We had a chance but didn't block out and then forced a bad shot. Too bad.

Same ****, different day.

We have to win a conference game on the road again sometime, don't we?

Same ****, different day.

We have to win a conference game on the road again sometime, don't we?

Not necessarily....but, it sure as hell would be nice (instead of continuing our doormat role). Jeff B is giving us hope, though.

Great effort, nice defense down the stretch but once again, not rebounding cost the buffs late. Can't fault burks on that shot he slipped. Relphorde needs to pick it up. All in all another gritty effort but another road loss. It will end some day...

Hindsight's 20/20 and all, but I disagree with Burks shooting so early in the clock there (and didn't like it at the time). Maybe he went too early. But with 30 seconds left and down by 2, I'd like to see us hold for the last shot. Maybe we get a 2, maybe it's a drive and kickout for a 3 and the win. Maybe we miss and lose. But with our road record, if I can have 1 shot for the win, I'm going to take it and I would have drawn up a play to get Thorne or Higgins a 3 pointer.

Chalk up another moral victory. That's what, like five this year? Oregon St., Arizona, Gonzaga, KSU, Oklahoma State, and A&M. NO, SIX. Count em! SIX Moral victories. Can we trade in two moral victories for one actual one? That would be sweet.

Hindsight's 20/20 and all, but I disagree with Burks shooting so early in the clock there (and didn't like it at the time). Maybe he went too early. But with 30 seconds left and down by 2, I'd like to see us hold for the last shot. Maybe we get a 2, maybe it's a drive and kickout for a 3 and the win. Maybe we miss and lose. But with our road record, if I can have 1 shot for the win, I'm going to take it and I would have drawn up a play to get Thorne or Higgins a 3 pointer.

I was kinda thinking the same thing. I guess I have no issue with Burks taking the shot (he played well in the second half), but I do have to wonder why you would shoot so early in the shot clock. We actually did that a couple times down the stretch. Dufault shot a three really early in the shot clock on one possession inside three minutes.

Dufault shot a three really early in the shot clock on one possession inside three minutes.

This.

And Thorne, our best 3-point shooter, was WIDE open in the corner next to Dufault when he took that shot.

Another tough one. I agree about the early shots late in the game too. The same things are killing this team week after week. Of everything, rebounding is probably the worst problem. We all know we dont have anyone down low to do just that and we wont in any game this year. We have to team rebound and its that simple or we'll get the same results. Im not saying we have to win on the boards, just get our fair share and quit giving up so many second chance points. We need 3 to 4 guys getting to the glass as much as possible. We you dont have a big or bigs, your guards gotta rebound too.

Back