1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

McKnight sets sites on CU's pro day

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Feb 13, 2011.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

By Kyle Ringo Camera Sports Writer

Proving people wrong has become second nature to Scotty McKnight. It`s just what he does, especially on the football field.

Originally posted by Daily Camera
    Click here to view the article.

2. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

I'm pulling for the guy. Great Buff!

3. Scotty21

Scotty21 New Member

Thanks Daaah! That means a lot.

I've been working really hard, and I really hope I can surprise some scouts. I know that nothing in life is fair, and some are forced to work harder than others for whatever reasons. But I was hoping my resume in Big 12 play would have opened some eyes. That's fine, I'll get my chance.

Go Buffs!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again!

4. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

Is this really Scotty ?

I hope so and welcome to Allbuffs !!

Why can't Scotty be the next Wes Welker ? The slot would be perfect.

5. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

If it is scotty I would like to say that you have the intangibles to make it at the nfl level. You have heart and you're a competitor. Always thought so but I was in the stands at KU and saw you leaving the field. I dont think I have ever seen a player more visibly upset after a game. You werent screamin at the refs or the coaches or whatever you seemed to just be mad at the loss. Good luck on pro day, tell Mark Sanchez to start workin on Rex Ryan. You would help the Jets out alot up there in NY.

6. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Wes Welker is a good comparison. I tend to look more at a guy like Brandon Stokely. There are a bunch of guys with strong similarities to Scotty that have been very successful in the NFL.

Everybody loves having a guy who is 6'3" 220lbs and runs a 4.4 40. Somehow though when the playoffs come around a lot of those guys are sitting at home watching the guys who don't have the measurables but who can read a defense, find a seam in a zone, and get 8 yards on third and 6 without coughing up the ball when the strong safety lays a hit on them at the same time as the ball gets there.

I think if Scotty gets into the right program he can have a long and productive NFL career. Smart QBs figure out pretty quickly which guys they can trust these guys tend to alwyas have a job.

7. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

Not Scotty.

8. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Hope he does well, its always good to put a buff in the NFL.

9. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Welker's not a bad comparison. He ran a 4.65 forty on his pro day (just looked it up).

But Welker was much better in the open field than Scotty. He was a pretty accomplished return man.

10. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

I'm not sure if Scotty's talents will translate to the next level, but I sure as hell hope so. That guy was a money college receiver and was a very consistent bright spot in a period during which there weren't too many.

11. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Every short white receiver that is above average in college is the next Wes Welker. True story.

12. MtnBuff

I think with Scotty and guys like him it all depends on getting into the right situation. If he gets into a competition for a spot on a roster that is determined by athletic ability and measurable there are busloads of guys who are bigger, faster, stronger, taller, etc. On the other hand if he gets a position coach who wants a guy who will learn the offense and execute slants and crosses, block down on the safety or OLB, and catch everything in his general vicinity even in traffic or with contact then Scotty has a good chance.

The big thing for him is to get a coach or a QB to like him and what he does. If he isn't drafted by somebody I would be shocked if he doesn't sign a FA contract with the Jets because of Sanchez. If he and Sanchez then show the coaches that they compliment each other and Sanchez wants him around then he is highly likely to make the team. Once on the team picking up some key plays including some first downs in tight ballgames and the coaches start to count on him, he has a career.

13. MtnBuff

Agree and most of them aren't Welker. He may be short and white but he has some serious quicks in tight spaces and is very strong for a WR, almost a running back once he has the ball in his hands.

Welker may get more people to be willing to look at guys without the classic measurables but they still have to make something happen on the field and most don't have his particular package of abilities.

14. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

I see Scotty more as a Stokley than a Welker.

15. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

Reminds me of Ed McCaffery.

16. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

He should hope the Jets pick him up.

17. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Good luck to Scotty.

18. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

Don't you think you should be working out or studying film or something??? :smile2:

19. The Guest

The Guest Guest

FiFY

20. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

:you::leave:

:tongue2: