1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

McKnight the only WR with a catch until 6 minutes left in the game

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by buffs04, Oct 2, 2009.

1. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

This monumental failure to even attempt to spread the ball around is a big reason why this offense is so pathetic. It is a big reason why Cody threw 3 picks and could easily have thrown more.

I understand Cody and McKnight are super great friends, but it might be time to include some other players in the game plan if CU wants to win another game this year.

2. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

3. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Scotty has earned his dues.. I happen to believe that he's the only one capable of getting open at the moment..

We'll see about Simas and Jefferson.. (See I'm like a talking Hawk now) :lol:

The others don't impress me and that's including Simmons.

4. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

I think Simas will get more chances will soon start making an impact. It'll the O another option than McKnight. Good thing too, Espy's thumb is broken.

5. CSU Husker

CSU Husker Well-Known Member

There is potential for a great drinking game here. Shot every time McKnight makes a catch? Would be PLASTERED.

6. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

but not nearly drunk enough imo.

7. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

Anytime he threw a ball to another reciever it was way off target anyway, so we will never know how good they are until, A. They are roomates with him and he exclusivly throws them the ball or B. We get a real QB in there, who can get them the ball.

8. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

I'm not saying he doesn't favor McKnight, but your excluding or choosing to not acknowledge the receptions by the TE's and Backs. We do need some serious help at WR though. Even as Dre, and Simas come along, we will still lack depth. :sad1:

9. 2HellNback

2HellNback Well-Known Member

Scotty is solid, has deserved his due... But Simas, Simmons, and Jefferson need to be on the field in some variation every play. We should not have Devenny and Deehan lining up at WR.

I think it would be a huge boost to the offense if they would simply put some other WR's on the field.

It's not very hard for a defensive coordinator to gameplan for our ATHLETIC WR's, when they come in for one play and run the same route. Simmons only one play last night... :wtf:

10. drmike

drmike Member

You are correct, except the deep ball in the first half bothered me. I guess I need glasses again because the announcers were convinced that the deep ball to Simas was overthrown. To me it looked like Simas never saw it because he certainly never stretched for it and I felt that it was definitely catchable. He probably thought it was going to Scotty so why bother looking for it.:sad1:

11. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

That one really looked to me like he started to reach out for it and had his arms held down.... :huh:

12. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

That... but the ball realllly floated IMO. A little more mustard and that ball could have fallen nicely into his arms.

13. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

It does not matter who the other WR is. If every pass play they run the sprint rollout it eliminates half the field. Even when there is a pocket, Cody never checks off his primary receiver.

It is hard to see on TV, but I saw a few open guys that Cody missed. Anyone at the game, how many open receivers did we have that Cody never looked at?

14. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Simas looked very good in the 2nd half last night, his two catches were both tough ones. His arms were held down on the long one early on, but he didn't look ready for it. I think we might have a new passing play with the fade to him (it augments our passing playbook from two plays to three now).

Simmons got in on a few snaps last night, that's it, same with Jefferson. The maddening of it all.