What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

McKnight the only WR with a catch until 6 minutes left in the game

buffs04

This monumental failure to even attempt to spread the ball around is a big reason why this offense is so pathetic. It is a big reason why Cody threw 3 picks and could easily have thrown more.

I understand Cody and McKnight are super great friends, but it might be time to include some other players in the game plan if CU wants to win another game this year.

Scotty has earned his dues.. I happen to believe that he's the only one capable of getting open at the moment..

We'll see about Simas and Jefferson.. (See I'm like a talking Hawk now) :lol:

The others don't impress me and that's including Simmons.

I think Simas will get more chances will soon start making an impact. It'll the O another option than McKnight. Good thing too, Espy's thumb is broken.

There is potential for a great drinking game here. Shot every time McKnight makes a catch? Would be PLASTERED.

Anytime he threw a ball to another reciever it was way off target anyway, so we will never know how good they are until, A. They are roomates with him and he exclusivly throws them the ball or B. We get a real QB in there, who can get them the ball.

This monumental failure to even attempt to spread the ball around is a big reason why this offense is so pathetic. It is a big reason why Cody threw 3 picks and could easily have thrown more.

I understand Cody and McKnight are super great friends, but it might be time to include some other players in the game plan if CU wants to win another game this year.

I'm not saying he doesn't favor McKnight, but your excluding or choosing to not acknowledge the receptions by the TE's and Backs. We do need some serious help at WR though. Even as Dre, and Simas come along, we will still lack depth. :sad1:

Scotty is solid, has deserved his due... But Simas, Simmons, and Jefferson need to be on the field in some variation every play. We should not have Devenny and Deehan lining up at WR.

I think it would be a huge boost to the offense if they would simply put some other WR's on the field.

It's not very hard for a defensive coordinator to gameplan for our ATHLETIC WR's, when they come in for one play and run the same route. Simmons only one play last night... :wtf:

Anytime he threw a ball to another reciever it was way off target anyway, so we will never know how good they are until, A. They are roomates with him and he exclusivly throws them the ball or B. We get a real QB in there, who can get them the ball.

You are correct, except the deep ball in the first half bothered me. I guess I need glasses again because the announcers were convinced that the deep ball to Simas was overthrown. To me it looked like Simas never saw it because he certainly never stretched for it and I felt that it was definitely catchable. He probably thought it was going to Scotty so why bother looking for it.:sad1:

You are correct, except the deep ball in the first half bothered me. I guess I need glasses again because the announcers were convinced that the deep ball to Simas was overthrown. To me it looked like Simas never saw it because he certainly never stretched for it and I felt that it was definitely catchable. He probably thought it was going to Scotty so why bother looking for it.:sad1:

That one really looked to me like he started to reach out for it and had his arms held down.... :huh:

That one really looked to me like he started to reach out for it and had his arms held down.... :huh:

That... but the ball realllly floated IMO. A little more mustard and that ball could have fallen nicely into his arms.

It does not matter who the other WR is. If every pass play they run the sprint rollout it eliminates half the field. Even when there is a pocket, Cody never checks off his primary receiver.

It is hard to see on TV, but I saw a few open guys that Cody missed. Anyone at the game, how many open receivers did we have that Cody never looked at?

Simas looked very good in the 2nd half last night, his two catches were both tough ones. His arms were held down on the long one early on, but he didn't look ready for it. I think we might have a new passing play with the fade to him (it augments our passing playbook from two plays to three now).

Simmons got in on a few snaps last night, that's it, same with Jefferson. The maddening of it all.

Back