What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Media coverage

It's not so bad in Colorado. If CU was any good, they'd get some coverage. People are picking Stanford to win the national championship and there is no coverage in the local newspapers here.

They couldn't win a championship with Elway or Luck, why would they get excited about it?

Then I had to go and read Kiszla's article. :sad2: If you haven't, he is pretty much saying Wood sucks and we need to make Liufau the starter. Listen, I LOVE Liufau. I have great hope for him. But this is just another example of a local media hack pulling crap out of his ass. Kiszla has no credibility suggesting anything on how MacIntyre should run this team. I don't think he even knows Connor Wood's name, much less that he was a highly rated kid coming out of high school. More highly rated then Sefo.

Is Wood truly that much better than Liufau? We don't know but the play of CU's QBs from the previous two regimes have been less than stellar. Will Wood be pulled for Liufau during a game this season? I hate to say this but probably. Kiz didn't have much praise for CSU's QBs either.

Bottom line is that for either team to rise out of medicority, a legit QB has to take the reins. I would say at this point that I'm more convinced with CU's stable of QBs than CSU's stable of QBs.

Given that a redshirt freshman QB won the Heisman last year, the assumptation that a freshman QB can't step in and lead a college football team appears to be fading.

Kiszla hates CU, always has always will, never gives them any credit...not sure why he even writes about them. Dbag.

He's helping the DP get more clicks. :lol:

One could argue that they prefer the game in Denver based on attendance.

The radio hacks here were talking all morning about how the game should be on campus, but can't be because CU refuses to go to Fort Collins (btw, McElwain is God, CSU has a signficant coaching advantage because McElwain has had a chance to recruit his own kids to CSU, and this game is a bigger deal to CU than CSU according to these guys - well, actually the last one was the CSU radio moron). I could swear I remember Bohn trying to get the CU home games back to Folsom and allowing CSU to have their home games in Denver or at Ewes Stadium, wherever they wanted, and CSU threw a screaming fit that it was unfair that CU get to play at Folsom and they wouldn't, because they wanted to keep the game in Denver when they were the home team. Am I imagining that?

Aren't there a load of NAIA teams in Colorado? Surely one of them would have been available.

There are no NAIA teams in Colorado. There are about 6 NCAA D-II schools, though. And UNC, which is I-AA or whatever they call it now...

The radio hacks here were talking all morning about how the game should be on campus, but can't be because CU refuses to go to Fort Collins (btw, McElwain is God, CSU has a signficant coaching advantage because McElwain has had a chance to recruit his own kids to CSU, and this game is a bigger deal to CU than CSU according to these guys - well, actually the last one was the CSU radio moron). I could swear I remember Bohn trying to get the CU home games back to Folsom and allowing CSU to have their home games in Denver or at Ewes Stadium, wherever they wanted, and CSU threw a screaming fit that it was unfair that CU get to play at Folsom and they wouldn't, because they wanted to keep the game in Denver when they were the home team. Am I imagining that?

There are no NAIA teams in Colorado. There are about 6 NCAA D-II schools, though. And UNC, which is I-AA or whatever they call it now...

Yes you were imagining that. Tharp actually started moving the games back to Folsom and had told CSU that CU did not care where they played their games. Bohn was the one who caved and moved it back to Denver....

The problem for CSU is they take about a $1 Million hit to have it in Fort Collins on a Home and Home. CU makes about the same either way but it is hard to get a contract with the Stadium authority for an every other year event.

Yes you were imagining that. Tharp actually started moving the games back to Folsom and had told CSU that CU did not care where they played their games. Bohn was the one who caved and moved it back to Denver....

The problem for CSU is they take about a $1 Million hit to have it in Fort Collins on a Home and Home. CU makes about the same either way but it is hard to get a contract with the Stadium authority for an every other year event.

OK, so I didn't imagine that it happened, I just got the timing wrong. It was Tharp, not Bohn....

I'd just assume we never play nebraska again in any sport. Ever. Let their transplanted dork asses stew here without their fuskers for a while.

+1

I don't want any of those Coloradoan's for Nebraska getting access to basically a home game.

I shouldn't let it get to me. Driving in this morning, Evans and the other douche had a football guy from Vegas on. Evans, "Yuk, yuk, well, I guess we have to talk about CU vs CSU. Hey, yuk, yuk, if they combined the best players from both teams could they beat the top high school team in Vegas, yuk, yuk."

Same kind of crap from every sports talk guy and writer. Here is my deal. I'll remember the "yuk, yuk" crap when CU gets this turned around. Those ****ers better not jump on the band wagon then. Now, I'm not naive. CU has made its bed over the last few years. But I believe they are on the right track to turn this around with renewed commitment from the admin, a new, dynamic AD and a highly regarded HC. Those are the things the media guys should be mentioning. Not treating CU like a God damned joke.

I don't care about the media coverage, but I can tell you that downtown today has nothing about the game. No flags, hardly anyone wearing CU or CSU gear. I work next to the CSU alumni office, and they don't even have anything going on.

I shouldn't let it get to me. Driving in this morning, Evans and the other douche had a football guy from Vegas on. Evans, "Yuk, yuk, well, I guess we have to talk about CU vs CSU. Hey, yuk, yuk, if they combined the best players from both teams could they beat the top high school team in Vegas, yuk, yuk."

Same kind of crap from every sports talk guy and writer. Here is my deal. I'll remember the "yuk, yuk" crap when CU gets this turned around. Those ****ers better not jump on the band wagon then. Now, I'm not naive. CU has made its bed over the last few years. But I believe they are on the right track to turn this around with renewed commitment from the admin, a new, dynamic AD and a highly regarded HC. Those are the things the media guys should be mentioning. Not treating CU like a God damned joke.

Good luck with that. These guys could give a crap about what happens with Colorado. The beauty of being a sports talk personality is that it comes with absolutely zero accountability with respect to accuracy or knowledge of what you are talking about. All that they need to bring to work is an opinion, no matter how uninformed.

In my head, Paul Finnebaum is an Alabama -homer radio shock jock who doesn't warrant interest outside of SEC territory.

Today I just watched him as a guest on MSNBC's Morning Joe.

ACK that Scarborough is an Alabama alum, but has Finnebaum gained national credibility suficient to warrant this exposure?

In my head, Paul Finnebaum is an Alabama -homer radio shock jock who doesn't warrant interest outside of SEC territory.

Today I just watched him as a guest on MSNBC's Morning Joe.

ACK that Scarborough is an Alabama alum, but has Finnebaum gained national credibility suficient to warrant this exposure?

Finebaum is an SEC homer but he's not an Alabama homer. He was pretty critical of Saban last year when Saban was politicking for Bama to get into the playoff.

As for the national attention, he has a daily 4-hour radio show that is broadcast on the SEC Network so he's part of the ESPN hype machine

Holy ****! Great to see how the Athletic has turned on Coach Prime....every day another article on how badly the program is ****ed.

Holy ****! Great to see how the Athletic has turned on Coach Prime....every day another article on how badly the program is ****ed.
yes today’s article has other coaches commenting on how the oline and dline cannot be fixed in the portal

At some point universities will realize the current state is unsustainable and bad for college athletics. They will get together and add constraints to this all out free market cluster. Even a free market has constraints.

Dan Patrick is on us today. All doom, need atleast $3 to $5 million for your roster each season or you are doomed for sure. Recruits dropping off, OC left, all the losses to end the season, etc...

At some point universities will realize the current state is unsustainable and bad for college athletics. They will get together and add constraints to this all out free market cluster. Even a free market has constraints.
I think that will happen for universities outside the P2. I don't believe it will happen for the SEC and B1G.

Back