What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Men's Cross Country Scholarships

Idot Buff

One of the best high school runners in the Dallas area is apparently interested in CU. I heard from someone close to the runner that CU does not offer scholarships to out of state cross country athletes. Seems hard to believe, but I thought I would ask here. Anyone know if our out of state runners are on scholarship?

Generally that is the opposite. For example, DU does not offer to in-state kids in LAX. They use their precioius few on the kids from far away and hope the local talent will go local to play in front of friends/family.

I can't imagine that the best program in the nation doesn't offer scholarships to out of state athletes....and this guy is good.

I knew some CC runners when I went to CU and several of them were from out of state and on scholarship. I do know they some of them were on a 50% scholarship which covered tuition and nothing else.

NCAA limit is 12.6 Men's scholarships for XC and T&F combined. Women get 18.

CU focuses most of its scholarship allotment on distance runners and they're partials rather than full rides. But I've never heard that scholarships are only given to in-state runners. Frankly, there's no way they'd have a dynasty like they do if that's how they were operating. The one thing I think might play in here is that CU doesn't recruit internationally and maybe the confusion is that they don't offer scholarships to international runners.

There are no XC ships. The XC runners are on track schollys, many just partials.

Back