1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami,OH

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

It's too bad that game didn't pan out, through two games they have yet to score and they give up an average of 44 points a game. We might have had a chance for a win!!!:cry:

2. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Exactly why didn't we just get a Div 1AA team here at home instead of going on the road.. :sad1:

It kind of makes no sense what Bohn is doing.. I'm sure we'd make the same amount of money having a non-TV home game than going on the road and getting TV money.. I don't really get the reason we need to be on TV vs Toledo.

3. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

The AD is strapped for cash. I could see why they wanted it on national TV. The payout for beating an inferior team would have been worth it.

Now the home crowd may not show up. That'll cost more and I doubt we get on TV much. The loss to Toledo should have never happened....especially in blowout fashion.

4. JimmyBuff

CU would have gotten 45000 in I believe.. What I want to know is how much does CU make on a home game..

remember we already gotten a payout from Miami Ohio I believe too for getting out of the game.

5. Buffsfan09

Buffsfan09 Member

I was just thinking about this the other day....I think it's great that we didn't get a D1AA team on the schedule....can you imagine the embarrassment of losing to two of them in 4 years?? Honestly...if we were to play Eastern Washington...the team we played last year....we would lose.....by at least 21.

6. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Boise state 48 miami of ohio 0

Toledo 54 Colorado 38

Oh the irony....

7. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

We received no payout because they came up with the replacement game and ESPN still televised the game.

8. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

So the question is, did we make more money by playing on the road in a national TV game against a MAC team than playing a directional school at home with a crowd of about 45K and no TV?

Anyone know for sure? My guess is we probably made made more money by playing the Toledo game on the road with the TV money, although the difference was probably minimal. :huh:

9. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

fri nite game on the road after a sun nite game. brilliant. :huh:

10. The Guest

The Guest Guest

The long-term reprecussions of losing to a MAC team so badly, as the exclusively featured ESPN game far outweigh the TV payoff.

It's not unrealistic that we lose recruits, donations, more TV time down the road, and we may even need to pay off a coach.

Ambitious scheduling cost this team a lot, in my opinion.

11. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Good point, especially considering the magnitude of the blowout on Friday night. Sometimes no exposure on a given weekend is better than being totally embarrassed on national TV. :cry:

12. stampy

stampy Well-Known Member

The irony is that Miami fans are probably thinking the same thing:huh:

13. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Miami has fans?:huh:

14. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

But that's the part I don't get. Miami wanted out, so CU should have made them pay the cancellation fee ($600k, I believe) and let them out. Then, schedule a nobody at home and you're WAAAAY ahead even if you have to sell tickets for $30 each.

Giving another team a one-off game (an away game for the Buffs) never should have even been on the table.

Negotiating deals is definitely Bohn's weak suit, IMO. He gives away the farm consistently.

15. JimmyBuff

Bingo.. And we had to play on a short week for what? nothing.

I don't what is worse right now, Talkins or Bohnhead.

16. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

My understanding is that the contract with Miami, OH allowed Miami to back out of the game and NOT pay the cancellation fee IF Miami could replace the game with another MAC team that would be on ESPN.

So, since Miami was able to get Toledo to take the game and got it on ESPN, CU could not contractually force Miami to pay the cancellation fee.