What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Michigan fans (a lot of them) are uneducated douchebags

Mistakes are what happen when the OL gets dominated.
Yep. We need to see the offense that we saw against CSU. Lots of quick intermediate throws. Get the ball out of Sefo's hands and don't let him get blown up in the back field. If it does end up raining the entire game, those short throws are going to need to be effective.

This will be by far the best secondary they have played against this year. If Chido, Tedric, Spoon, and Moeller/Laguda can limit the passing game, I trust the DL to be able to keep UM from running all over us. The more I look at how our D matches up with their O the more excited I am getting.

Our offense just can't make mistakes.

This is where I am still concerned. Can't take much from the CSU and ISU game in terms of a physical AND talented offensive line. And even if the defensive line holds up well we still have some limitations at linebacker. Should be very interesting.

This is where I am still concerned. Can't take much from the CSU and ISU game in terms of a physical AND talented offensive line. And even if the defensive line holds up well we still have some limitations at linebacker. Should be very interesting.
I think you can take a lot from the CSU game on the DL. That OL crushed us last year. This year, they got nothing until the game was over. Tupou is the truth.

Doesn't matter really who we play, Tupou is going to demand a double team. A single center or a single guard are just not going to be able to handle him. He is a space eater and clogs up running lanes even if he doesn't collapse the pocket. The fact that he is able to do that frees up our LB's and DE's to make plays.

I think you can take a lot from the CSU game on the DL. That OL crushed us last year. This year, they got nothing until the game was over. Tupou is the truth.
That line still only scored 24 points last year which was what, the third lowest amount we allowed all year? They might have ran for quite a few yards but they still were widely ineffective scoring points, especially after the first quarter. I think Tupou is a stud, but he will also be going against a lot of talent this week, not under recruited guys from the mountain west. And Michigan actually has a quarterback with a pulse.

That line still only scored 24 points last year which was what, the third lowest amount we allowed all year? They might have ran for quite a few yards but they still were widely ineffective scoring points, especially after the first quarter. I think Tupou is a stud, but he will also be going against a lot of talent this week, not under recruited guys from the mountain west. And Michigan actually has a quarterback with a pulse.
Their inability to score was on their qb. Not the OL. As for the michigan qb, he's not faced any adversity yet. Talented, yes, but an unknown

Their inability to score was on their qb. Not the OL. As for the michigan qb, he's not faced any adversity yet. Talented, yes, but an unknown
And on their Bobo. They were running all over us, but as soon as they got inside the 20 he insisted on passing.

I'm thinking this game will resemble KSU v. Stanford, Buffs will be in it later than anyone (except you homers) expects. A few lucky bounces and we could steal it.

Yeah! That 2.9 yd. per carry average against Central FLA should add tons to their confidence!
UCF also runs a 3-4 defense. Their DL is smaller than ours. Can't comment on talent as I don't watch UCF, but I would have to imagine we have an advantage in that category too.

He threw for almost 300 yards and they actually had receivers last year. The offense in general stalled when it got to our side of the field no matter what they really tried to do. This year they had no receivers, no tight ends and CU could cover guys one on one. That is quite a contrast in the opponent so who knows how much that will translate against a top 5 team with an emphasis on physicality which we tend to struggle with.

He threw for almost 300 yards and they actually had receivers last year. The offense in general stalled when it got to our side of the field no matter what they really tried to do. This year they had no receivers, no tight ends and CU could cover guys one on one. That is quite a contrast in the opponent so who knows how much that will translate against a top 5 team with an emphasis on physicality which we tend to struggle with.
Ok, well, I was just saying you can feel like our DL is improved based on the CSU game. Agree to disagree.

Ok, well, I was just saying you can feel like our DL is improved based on the CSU game. Agree to disagree.
Oh yeah, definitely improved, just saying how much where we can compete with a team like Michigan? CSU is still a ****ty mountain west team this year so I am still a little skeptical and can see why Michigan fans are saying what they are.

I expect Jim Leavitt to have the defense ready to go to keep the team in the game. Michigan's offense is not the strength of their team, just like offense is not our strength. Throw in the 80% possibility of rain and a sloppy field, and it will come down to us stopping the run and being able to execute in the passing game.

This UM "O" line is mostly upperclassmen who were excoriated as "very underwhelming" when they were recruited by and played for the Hokester.
Now all of a sudden they show up talented?

This UM "O" line is mostly upperclassmen who were excoriated as "very underwhelming" when they were recruited by and played for the Hokester.
It's the Harbaugh effect. I mean Leavitt effect. Actually, I'm not sure what I mean.

Harbaugh and his offensive staff bringing out the most in them is not exactly a stretch, is it?

Doesn't look like the weather will be a factor.

DAY
76°HIRealFeel® 80°Precipitation 43%

Mostly cloudy and humid with a shower or thunderstorm around

Doesn't look like the weather will be a factor.

DAY
76°HIRealFeel® 80°Precipitation 43%

Mostly cloudy and humid with a shower or thunderstorm around
From the NWS

Saturday
Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 77.
Saturday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 60.

Now they have a CU look-a-like thread going:
http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/official-colorado-look-thread

First shot was at Chiv. My reaction face:
1338470.0.jpg

(note - they are actually doing well with it)

Back