What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

michigan... looking ahead

Big difference with this year's team is that the players will expect to win at Michigan. Win the turnover battle and complete red zone drives... and I believe they can do it. Can't see how it happens if we're minus on turnovers and finishing good drives with field goals, though.

This is the difference. If we play our best game and they don't play their best game we can win this thing.

A year ago I don't think we could have said that, it also wouldn't have mattered because a year ago there was virtually no chance that we would have played our best game in a setting like Ann Arbor.

This is the difference. If we play our best game and they don't play their best game we can win this thing.

A year ago I don't think we could have said that, it also wouldn't have mattered because a year ago there was virtually no chance that we would have played our best game in a setting like Ann Arbor.

This is actually one of my biggest concerns. Will our team get caught up in the history, pageantry, and size of the big house? Will that stage be too big?

This is actually one of my biggest concerns. Will our team get caught up in the history, pageantry, and size of the big house? Will that stage be too big?

Lots of teams have gotten caught up in it and we may.

On our side we now have a veteran team and some coaches who have been on the big stage. This seems to be a different team attitudewise than in recent years.

Seems like we're in complete agreement with the fanbase of our future opponent.

It's worth mentioning that meatchicken board has moms running their site. That place clearly operates out of somebody's basement. When they aren't typing and pounding their chests, they undoubtedly are asking mom to bring down a hot pocket! "Oh mother..."

You know what though....the one thing I'm not worried about is this team pulling a USC from last week. If there is one thing this team has experience with is its adversity. They are going to keep grinding if we get down and not panic or give up. I actually worry a little more about the team not knowing how to play with a lead and keep their foot on the gas, though hopefully last season gave them plenty of experience on that front.

I'm also a little worried about the physical nature of the Michigan team. We need to get out of this game healthy for conference play and a tough, grinding close loss may cause a hangover effect for the following week's game against what looks like a potentially beatable Oregon squad. That's as brutal a back to back road trip as any team will have this year.

oops. i'm still looking ahead. yep. doing it now. thinking about the michigan game. yep. yep. visualizing the upset.

i'm looking ahead. i'm looking ahead. i'm looking ahead. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh.

/lights cigarette

oops. i'm still looking ahead. yep. doing it now. thinking about the michigan game. yep. yep. visualizing the upset.

i'm looking ahead. i'm looking ahead. i'm looking ahead. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh.

/lights cigarette
Don't look![/end inside joke]

hah. they are looking past us, while i am looking ahead. i am ready for more looking ahead. oh yes. i am looking ahead. screw idaho. whoop michigan. make their children cry and harbaugh go full psychic break at the 50 yard line and have to be carted off. he's on the edge already.

oh, yeah. i am looking, looking past idaho.

I agree. That said, I'm on board with focus on each week. I think it's because there are so many unknowns with this team that I can't predict ahead very well. So I want to see them win, improve and stay healthy... then we march on.
Question is: Can you predict behind?

Back