What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mick McCall: Colorado Coaching search 2012 profile

absinthe

Ambitious but rubbish.
Club Member
Junta Member
Mick McCall - Offensive Coordinator/QB Coach Northwestern

0.jpg

Experience/BIO
: Mick McCall is in his fifth season as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Northwestern, where he has mentored an All-Big Ten quarterback each of the last three years. He began his Wildcat tenure on Jan. 17, 2008.(if you need more… http://www.nusports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mccall_mick00.html didn’t really see any more relevant info)

Question Marks:
- No College Head coaching Experience
- Not a big name- Will he energize the fan base?
- Another Northwestern coach?

Strengths:
- Heavy ties to Colorado
- Successful in a tough environment at Northwestern
- Mentored 3 All-Conference QB’s in 3 years
- Electric offense in a Major Confrence

Mick McCall Resume
YearsTitleLocation
2008-PresentOffensive CoordinatorNorthwestern
2007Offensive Coordinator & Quarterback CoachBowling Green
2003-2006Quarterback CoachBowling Green
2002Quarterback CoachWyoming
2001Running Backs CoachWyoming
1988-1990Wide Receivers Coach & Tight Ends CoachOregon State
1983-1987Running Backs Coach, Tight Ends Coach & Special Teams CoordinatorIdaho St.
1979-1982Quarterback Coach & Running Backs CoachSouthern Colorado
http://northwestern.rivals.com/viewcoach.asp?coach=1077&year=2013

:wow: Dude was Head Coach at Mullen HS when I was in HS....won a few state championships, but never followed what happened to him after he left for Wyoming

kinda off topic, but his dad, Don McCall, was one of the most influential people during my time in high school. I am a big fan of his family other than his brother Randy.

Ties to the local area aren't everything but Mick McCall's case it is a huge plus. Having been a head coach at Mullen and actively recruiting kids out of the Denver metro for Bowling Green and Northwestern, he could bring in ties to the area that the last two coaches lacked and never established. CU has been terrible about letting the local talent go out of the state.

If CU could retain the 2 star plus recruits from the local area that would easily be worth 5 wins a season alone. They say it's not always about the X and Os, but the Jimmys and the Joes. We need to start local, get a solid base of recruits and put in a system that does more with less.

And to that testament, not only has McCall been pulling more talent out of the State than CU, he has done more with recruits. Think about Northwestern's academic standards, look at their recruits and try to tell me what the numbers they put up in the B1G conference aren't solid.

I wish McCall would get a serious look, he certainly has the right tools and the commitment to resurrect the Buffs program.

Visually this guys is the exact opposite of Embree. Mac would lose his mind.

I'm on board. Bring him in.

Back