What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike Bohn should send Josh McDaniels a case of champagne

Creebuzz

Climate Refugee
Club Member
Suddenly CU football doesn't seem so bad.:lol:

Broncos will suck for years. Tebow:wtf:

Has he made any statements as to whether or not he would be willing to play TE or FB if QB doesn't work out? Just curious.

I don't understand why everyone believes the analysts who tell them Tebow is crap because he has a bad delivery...the same analysts who said Jamarcus Russell would be one of the greatest QB's of all time....With as low of expectations that everyone apparently has, the guy could very well turn into a gem

Praise the Lord. The savior has arrived to the Mile High City.

This is a great day for pro lifers, camp Pinder and Bronco fans everywhere.

timtebowgirlfriend.jpg

Praise the Lord. The savior has arrived to the Mile High City.

This is a great day for pro lifers, camp Pinder and Bronco fans everywhere.

You are right.. It is so much better to have players who father 9 kids with 9 different women and don't pay child support. Those are the type of character guys that we really need.

I like the pick. They did not pick him too high. He has a strong arm, good size, good mobility, intelligent on the field, good leader...Cannot be much worst than Orton. McDaniels is desperate for a QB.

I like the pick. They did not pick him too high. He has a strong arm, good size, good mobility, intelligent on the field, good leader...Cannot be much worst than Orton. McDaniels is desperate for a QB.

They picked him in the first round. That's too high.

You are right.. It is so much better to have players who father 9 kids with 9 different women and don't pay child support. Those are the type of character guys that we really need.

Interesting... So the character argument applies in the NFL but not to Dan Hawkins' team at Boulder?

Interesting... So the character argument applies in the NFL but not to Dan Hawkins' team at Boulder?

No, he still has to win or his ass will be out the door. McDaniels will not get 5 years if he is a loser in the first 4...guaranteed.

Who knew Saint Tebow is the anti-Travis Henry? Interesting.

Tebow does have skill, but alot of his success was based on the talent surrounding him at Florida. He was a great college player, but I don't know if those skills will translate to the NFL.

Strong arm- sure, he can throw, but it doesn't help that it takes him 2 whole seconds to deliver the ball.

Size and mobility- can't really argue there, but he got beat up playing in the SEC, trying to do that in the NFL will get him killed

Intelligence- he is a smart player, but he played in the spread. He doesn't have to audible at the line, the coaches send those in from the sideline, he doesn't adjust receivers routes, make multiple reads, go through progressions, take snaps from under center... trust me, an NFL offense is much more complex than what he was doing at Florida.

Could he make it in the league, sure he could, but I think he has a pretty big uphill battle... and as Marshall Faulk said on the draft last night, all the hard work in the world will only get you so far in the NFL if you are physically limited, which Tebow is.

Nothing like taking my post out of context....if someone doesn't like his (Tebow's) religion take it to the smack room or the pub. Character always matters in more than football and I am really reaching to understand the context of your statement.

Nothing like taking my post out of context....if someone doesn't like his (Tebow's) religion take it to the smack room or the pub. Character always matters in more than football and I am really reaching to understand the context of your statement.

While I agree with the sentiment, the fact is that Tim Tibow brings with him more than his football skills.
Tibow is a lightning rod, the likes of which Denver hasn't seen since Sarah Palin. And he's now Denver's lightning rod.

Tebow does have skill, but alot of his success was based on the talent surrounding him at Florida. He was a great college player, but I don't know if those skills will translate to the NFL.

Strong arm- sure, he can throw, but it doesn't help that it takes him 2 whole seconds to deliver the ball.

Size and mobility- can't really argue there, but he got beat up playing in the SEC, trying to do that in the NFL will get him killed

Intelligence- he is a smart player, but he played in the spread. He doesn't have to audible at the line, the coaches send those in from the sideline, he doesn't adjust receivers routes, make multiple reads, go through progressions, take snaps from under center... trust me, an NFL offense is much more complex than what he was doing at Florida.

Could he make it in the league, sure he could, but I think he has a pretty big uphill battle... and as Marshall Faulk said on the draft last night, all the hard work in the world will only get you so far in the NFL if you are physically limited, which Tebow is.

I don't disagree with your analysis but I still think they could of made worst picks. Like last year trading a number 1 for a number 2 and using a number 2 on a guy that some projected as a 5th rounder. Or using a 4th round pick on a TE who would of been a free agent....

As far as the delivery issue - it is something that can be coached. McDaniels knows he needs a QB to run his offense, Tebow is a reflection of that desperation. Was Tebow the pick I wanted, NO. But I understand why and I think it could work out.

While I agree with the sentiment, the fact is that Tim Tibow brings with him more than his football skills.
Tibow is a lightning rod, the likes of which Denver hasn't seen since Sarah Palin. And he's now Denver's lightning rod.

Kind of like Coach Mac...:smile2:.

Ultimately Tebow will either be successful on the football or not and that is how Denver will judge him.

I don't disagree with your analysis but I still think they could of made worst picks. Like last year trading a number 1 for a number 2 and using a number 2 on a guy that some projected as a 5th rounder. Or using a 4th round pick on a TE who would of been a free agent....

As far as the delivery issue - it is something that can be coached. McDaniels knows he needs a QB to run his offense, Tebow is a reflection of that desperation. Was Tebow the pick I wanted, NO. But I understand why and I think it could work out.

I don't disagree that it might not work out. I guarantee the guy will work as hard as possible to do well... my point is that its a huge uphill battle for him, and the upside doesn't justify that high of a pick... but McDaniels is making his own bed with the Tebow and Thomas choices, not what I would have done, but best of luck to him.

Kind of like Coach Mac...:smile2:.

Ultimately Tebow will either be successful on the football or not and that is how Denver will judge him.

I agree with that...unless he sews some wild oats, which freshly minted bachellor millionaire first round QB draft picks are prone to do from time to time. *cough*Lienhart*cough*

Tebow's squeeky clean personna just gives him an added degree of difficulty with his personal life under a microscope.

Huh? You said character matters. Lots of posters say ***k character, give me wins.

I'm not attacking you (unless of course you're one of those posters when it comes to CU. It just seems like there's a real division among folks about what's important: character or wins.

And talk about out of context! Issues with Tebow's religion? Huh? Double huh? Your sensitivity belies some deeper issue...

I think trading back up to take Tebow ranks right up there with taking Tommy Maddox instead of Carl Pickens. It makes little sense after bringing in Quinn, and much less to waste a first round pick. Time will tell, but he has bust written all over him, unlike a lot of other players available at that draft spot.

Huh? You said character matters. Lots of posters say ***k character, give me wins.

I'm not attacking you (unless of course you're one of those posters when it comes to CU. It just seems like there's a real division among folks about what's important: character or wins.

And talk about out of context! Issues with Tebow's religion? Huh? Double huh? Your sensitivity belies some deeper issue...

Here is the rub, why are character or wins mutually exclusive in the minds of some. There were plenty of guys of good character on the winning Buffs teams. The 2001 Buffs recruiting class had a 100% graduation rate...they won a few games along the way.

Talk about sensitive...I simply said if you want to hit him on his religion take it to the pub or smack areas. I definitely take it as an attack on your part...I obviously tapped into some of your deeper issues.

I don't think Bohn is sending McDaniels some champange right now...Tebow will sell a lot of tickets for the Broncos and you have to wonder if the Buffs would be impacted. Tebow and the Broncos will be in the news ALOT and that could mean far more attention on the Broncos instead of the Buffs.

Just wait until the first mini-camps...and the Denver media will be having Tebow-mania.

Here is the rub, why are character or wins mutually exclusive in the minds of some. There were plenty of guys of good character on the winning Buffs teams. The 2001 Buffs recruiting class had a 100% graduation rate...they won a few games along the way.

Talk about sensitive...I simply said if you want to hit him on his religion take it to the pub or smack areas. I definitely take it as an attack on your part...I obviously tapped into some of your deeper issues.

Jesus Christ... Religion in my mind has nothing to do with it. I could give a ***t about Tebow's (or anyone else's) religion (or lack thereof). You're the one who took a remark about character and equated it with religion. Why is that?

In fact I could really give a ***t about Tebow.

Absolutely agree that wins and character are not mutually exclusive. In fact that was the whole ******ing point... I was taking a poke at exactly those who don't feel that way. But I guess I around here one needs to type v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y so the not so fleet-of-intellect can keep up.

Take it as an attack if you want but that's your decision.

Last edited:
Back