What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike Bohn should send Josh McDaniels a case of champagne

I don't think Bohn is sending McDaniels some champange right now...Tebow will sell a lot of tickets for the Broncos and you have to wonder if the Buffs would be impacted. Tebow and the Broncos will be in the news ALOT and that could mean far more attention on the Broncos instead of the Buffs.

Just wait until the first mini-camps...and the Denver media will be having Tebow-mania.

Unless those Tebow fans are buying club seats at Invesco, I don't think they're going to change anything much. The Broncos have sold out every game for 40 some years now, except for some of the club seats the last couple years. Not a lot of room for people to start buying a lot more tickets because of this pick...

I don't think Bohn is sending McDaniels some champange right now...Tebow will sell a lot of tickets for the Broncos and you have to wonder if the Buffs would be impacted. Tebow and the Broncos will be in the news ALOT and that could mean far more attention on the Broncos instead of the Buffs.

Just wait until the first mini-camps...and the Denver media will be having Tebow-mania.

This sounds a little silly at this point. Tebow is a 4th string QB who may never see the field. His fans are going to want to watch him warm the bench? Oh, I get it - his fans are going to increase attendance at preseason games. :thumbsup:

Suddenly CU football doesn't seem so bad.:lol:

Broncos will suck for years. Tebow:wtf:
Hell will freeze over before Bronco fans switch to CU. It will never ever happen. That's a pure pipe dream.Bronco fans will get rid of a losing coach - it will never be tolerated.

Hell will freeze over before Bronco fans switch to CU. It will never ever happen. That's a pure pipe dream.Bronco fans will get rid of a losing coach - it will never be tolerated.

I agree that Denver is solidly a Broncos town, but CU has & can peel off some season ticket holders. I know a couple of multi-generational Denver families that had season tickets to both the Broncos and the Buffs, and in the early '00s, they had to choose which to retain. They went with the Buffs. Granted both families were loaded with Buff alums, but it does happen.

Anyway, with the population growth in Colorado, there will be plenty of butts to put in both stadiums.

IMO, the Broncos have made a series of bizarre personnel moves. If it doesn't work out, the Broncos will abosrb all the negative media attention that the Buffs have received for the last decade. That's where the case of champagne comes in.

If CU wants to pull some ticket holders from the Broncos, they have to win. They have to generate some excitement. They have to be playing long after the Broncos are on the golf course. And it can't be a one-year phenominon, either. It has to be 10 years of sustained success at CU coupled with 10 years of sustained sucktitude of the Broncos. It can happen, but right now, the situation at CU is not conducive to attracting new fans. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Back