What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike Bohn vows changes are coming

Sorry man but not correct. Mac wanted the job. He actively lobbied for getting the job for himself. He did not lobby for Embree to get it. Once Embree got him he supported him, but to blame any of this on Mac is just full on retarded.

you suck at poker dont you?

:lol: the alternative was Mac as HC with Embree as HC in waiting? Huge difference.

I would have been much more comfortable with McCartney as HC, even if the team's record was 1-11, because at least then I would know he was a coach who actually knew what the hell he was doing, even if he is a bit over the hill.

Whereas the current situation, in just about all aspects of the football game, the coaching staff looks completely lost, with absolutely no clue of how to climb out of the abyss.

Sorry man but not correct. Mac wanted the job. He actively lobbied for getting the job for himself. He did not lobby for Embree to get it. Once Embree got him he supported him, but to blame any of this on Mac is just full on retarded.

Mac was pretty vocal about being the HC and then handing off the job to Embree. That was always the scenario pushed there, and yes, Embree's skin color was made an issue by Mac all along the way. We will never know how that would have played out, but Mac was not thinking about being the long term head coach at CU for a second time. To say otherwise is ignoring what was being pushed at the time.

Nobody dare wanted MAC, he's too out of Otuch with today's game. BILL SNYDER A-HOLES..BILL EFFING SNYDER A-HOLES,

Bill Snyder was out of coaching for 3 years. Mac has been out for 17. But yeah, it's totally the same thing....

This isn't accurate.

I wonder if we have to wait 3 weeks to know our fate. JE promised announcements on Tuesday and Bohn announced changes coming.

My guess is, GB is fired or demoted at the least, Marshall likely fired, and new starting QB announced. I have less faith a major change with EB is coming because of politics (and JE's friendship w/ him) and the contract. As we all know none of these changes are going to be significant enough to change our trajectory as one of the worst BCS teams not just this year but in history.

If those are the changes that are implemented this week, than my $ is on that JE is getting one more year to turn **** around and is given an ultimatum by Bohn to get at least 4-5 wins next year or he is gone.

Then Bohn will spend the whole year convincing the administration that we have to can JE, and with another 1-2 win season, he will pull that off.

That may have been true to a point, but I specifically remember him going on the radio BEFORE any decisions were made and he made a big push for either Embree or Bieniemy to be the next head coach. He spent a good portion of the interview talking about how it is a young person's game and how the only reason he got involved in the hire was because it was of upmost importance that an African American coach be hired.

I wonder if we have to wait 3 weeks to know our fate. JE promised announcements on Tuesday and Bohn announced changes coming.

My guess is, GB is fired or demoted at the least, Marshall likely fired, and new starting QB announced. I have less faith a major change with EB is coming because of politics (and JE's friendship w/ him) and the contract. As we all know none of these changes are going to be significant enough to change our trajectory as one of the worst BCS teams not just this year but in history.

If those are the changes that are implemented this week, than my $ is on that JE is getting one more year to turn **** around and is given an ultimatum by Bohn to get at least 4-5 wins next year or he is gone.

Then Bohn will spend the whole year convincing the administration that we have to can JE, and with another 1-2 win season, he will pull that off.

the only thing being announced Tuesday is the QB situation... nothing else

the only thing being announced Tuesday is the QB situation... nothing else
The only thing JE committed to announcing on Tuesday was that. But I think it is possible that Bohn's comments could be interpreted that other program level changes are going to be announced ASAP. I guess we'll see soon!

Here is a different spin on the situation with EB, beacuse he has one of the "Golden Parachute" contracts why not demote him, if he is that pissed he might just quit.

So Webb will be announced as the starter :)
Maybe, but it will be an intense 2 days of practice Monday and Tuesday, and then, only then, will Webb yet again prove his practice prowess such that he warrants another start.

It's not like Webb has had enough snaps here or at KU to actually show whether or not he can lead us back to the promised land.

That may have been true to a point, but I specifically remember him going on the radio BEFORE any decisions were made and he made a big push for either Embree or Bieniemy to be the next head coach. He spent a good portion of the interview talking about how it is a young person's game and how the only reason he got involved in the hire was because it was of upmost importance that an African American coach be hired.
Mac did go on the radio and make an impassioned plea to hand this thing off to an African-American coach. Love Mac, but that made me cringe, I think it is unbelievably short sighted to simply exclude a whole pool of candidates just based on thier skin color. Then to further limit the pool to former players compunded the error. Love mac, but he needs to stay out of the way at this pooint, we did it his way, and it has been a failure.

I don't think embree is realizing that webb does well in practice because he plays against our defense. Not because he is good. Bring in Boulder High's defense and lets see who can perform... I am glad Bohn spoke up and said changes are coming. I just wish the president and chancellor kept their focus on the athletic side and let our AD run the athletic department. This micro-managing from the admin is what has been wrong since the Hawk disaster. I don't know how anyone could be successful hear in the current environment.

I am hoping to hear from Bohn, that the entire staff will be let go, Cabral will be retained only as interm coach and then will be let go but is welcome to apply for the head coaching gig, then do a true national search on His terms, not Buffs4life, not the admin's, not coach mac's. We need to go out and get a big name proven coordinator. Make it happen Bohn. We have the funds to do it.

I agree and Coach Mac needs to butt out...Remember he is a quitter also... I know I will get beat up for that statement, but this whole program is in the crapper and the game has passed him up

What did Mike Bohn mean by this statement:
"Recognizing our shortcomings early in the season, coach Embree, his staff, our leadership team along with football professionals have been engagedin numerous endeavors to address our challenges," Bohn said. "We are working to correct voids now in an effort to not lose time before the end of the season." (From Boulder Daily Camera article)

Who are the "football professionals" he speaks of? In what context is he using them?

I agree and Coach Mac needs to butt out...Remember he is a quitter also... I know I will get beat up for that statement, but this whole program is in the crapper and the game has passed him up

I applaud Mac for the reasons he quit. It takes a lot to step down from a program like the one he left, but family is most important and always will be. But Mac should have been done with any AD decisions at that point. Continually letting him run his mouth about what our AD needs is not helping anyone. He has no idea anymore.

What did Mike Bohn mean by this statement:
"Recognizing our shortcomings early in the season, coach Embree, his staff, our leadership team along with football professionals have been engagedin numerous endeavors to address our challenges," Bohn said. "We are working to correct voids now in an effort to not lose time before the end of the season." (From Boulder Daily Camera article)

Who are the "football professionals" he speaks of? In what context is he using them?

outside consultants coming in and helping to evaluate the short comings in the program and what structurally we can do to rectify them.

I don't think embree is realizing that webb does well in practice because he plays against our defense. Not because he is good. Bring in Boulder High's defense and lets see who can perform...

Boulder High's defense is awful. They give up as many points as CU's defense does, but to other high school teams. They gave up over 60 points to the dirty stinking cheaters from the south side of town.

**** you. He retired. He had family issues and wanted to focus on them. But maybe everyone who retires is a quitter. There are some ducking morons around here. And not all of them wear red.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Okay, I just gotta chime in with a bit of truth in the matter. Mac wanted the HC job, period. He also wanted Embree or EB to be the coach in waiting. People calling out Mac for pushing Embree are a bit off base in there disdain for a man that actually saw all this coming.

The REASON that he wanted to be the HC with one of these guys being the HC in waiting is because her knew how ****ing bad this team was, and how much heat the next HC was going to take while they turned it around. Mac did not keep secrets that he intended to be the figure head and sacrificial lamb, even if it meant him tarnishing his legacy. The AD basically decided that they didn't like that idea a bit, and went directly to the guy that was to be a HC in waiting. Looks like Mac was spot on in his assessment.

Also, if we are going to fire Embree for the bad performance of a bad team in a truly messed up environment (the AD and School are obviously broken as it relates to having a successful football program), why we would allow the current athletic director to oversee the hiring of the next coach, after overseeing the previous 7 years and total, and utter demise of the program seems completely asinine to me....but thats just my opinion.

why we would allow the current athletic director to oversee the hiring of the next coach, after overseeing the previous 7 years and total, and utter demise of the program seems completely asinine to me....but thats just my opinion.

To answer that you have to know know how much authority MB had and has. I think that's the question.

Disagree, doesn't matter. You're talking about one decision, I'm talking about 8 years of poor performance. He got insanely lucky with MBB, every other program at CU has regressed during his tenure. People that make excuses for Embree get blasted, because at the end of the day people only care about W/L's. Why isn't Bohn held to the same standard?

Do you think that is a legit statement? Someone who retires is a "quitter"?
No - but when you retire then you step away and BUTT OUT... go tend a garden, travel spend time with your family. Not try and run a football program from outside after you "retired"

Like I said - I knew I would get beat up for that statement...but, 2 out of how many fans?? and you know what? after all the @ss whippings I have experienced following these BUFFS - bring it on

No - but when you retire then you step away and BUTT OUT... go tend a garden, travel spend time with your family. Not try and run a football program from outside after you "retired"

Like I said - I knew I would get beat up for that statement...but, 2 out of how many fans?? and you know what? after all the @ss whippings I have experienced following these BUFFS - bring it on

All he is doing is expressing his feelings and thoughs about the program, what he thinks is best for it, just like the rest of us. Difference is, people listen to him. God I wish he was the head coach, there in the locker room motivating the kids, and the final guy in the house with Mom and Dad closing the great talent. We would be so much better.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Back