What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike Leach suspended indefinitely

If he gets fired for sending a kid to go sit in the electrical closet that is sum bull****, if i was a tech booster I'd be all over the AD/school right now.
Yeah, there must be more to it than just that.

adam james shows negative symptoms due to sensitivity to light
mike leach thinks its a good idea to put him in the darkest available place
death penalty dad uses big time network for pressure against tt ad
lou holtz says i hope these allegations are true because his reputation wouldn't be able to recover if it were false?

Despite the fact that article mentions a coach that sent a player to a dark tiny closet where he couldn't sit or lean on anything in response to a diagnosis of a concussion...the most troubling aspect of that article was: Leach's buyout is only 400K per year. WTF was Bohn smoking when he worked out Hawk's contract?

After taking a risk on Bobby Knight, the Tech AD must be the nations leading expert on the subject of improper contact and/or abuse between athletes and coaches.

At this rate every damn coach who doesn't give out juice boxes will get fired.... maybe we'll have a chance then.

Texas Tech has a head coach and pirate lover named Leach
Who warns against "fat girlfriends" in his motivational speech.
When his football players complain about a concussion
There will be no discussion
They are thrown in a dark equipment shed far from the beach.

problem is we're hearing the reports from espn who employs craig james. doesn't excuse leach for putting people in electrical closets but there has to be another side to the story. and leach was supposed to get a big bonus for coaching the bowl game. but we should all agree that lou holtz needs to get off of tv. now.

Last edited:
What did he do, make him walk the plank?:smile2:

Ruffin McNeil, and owner of the biggest waistline in CFB with the beaching of MM, will coach the Techsters in the Alamo Bowl.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4776848
ruffin mcneil looks like the philly phanatic
08-29techmcneill1.jpg

706px-Phillies_Phanatic.jpg

It has building for a couple years now. He and the administration do not get along.

I think Gerald Myers called Lew Perkins and got a "how to" on getting rid of a coach...

Paging Mr. Bohn, Mr. Mike Bohn please pick up the the white courtesy phone....

I have a hard time imagining TT not experiencing a significant drop-off if they get rid of Leech.

SIAP since I didn't read all 4 pages:

Leach is trying to get fired (or justify leaving for another job). Supposedly all he had to do was write an apology to the James family to make all of this go away before it hit the press... and he refused.

Last edited:
I would guess they would go get Sonny Dykes from AZ and probably not skip a beat.

i don't know about that. maybe. Spike is beloved out in west Texas and Sonny will get a job somewhere....but i have an uncle who was a head coach in HS football at the highest classification mostly in Texas and Oklahoma for 25 years, played QB at Wake Forest in the 60's, and he thinks Leach is pretty amazing. Unc says Tech only has about 8 plays. they just line up and adjust to what you do. sometimes they get beat because they don't the horses up front, and they drop the QB to the same spot on the field (which simplifies a pass rush)....but, on any given day they work you out.

you are never going to get top talent to Lubbock so a "gimmick" offense that puts up stats and numbers gets you skill position guys and a bunch of try hard west Texas type 2 star kids who go hard every play and wanna beat ATM, UT, and OU who didn't recruit them.....is apparently the formula. you got Crabtree and the classic over-acheiver in Wes Welker in the NFL. Welker wasn't even offered by OU or OSU and he was POY in OK.

Last edited:
i don't know about that. maybe. Spike is beloved out in west Texas and Sonny will get a job somewhere....but i have an uncle who was a head coach in HS football at the highest classification mostly in Texas and Oklahoma for 25 years, played QB at Wake Forest in the 60's, and he thinks Leach is pretty amazing. Unc says Tech only has about 8 plays. they just line up and adjust to what you do. sometimes they get beat because they don't the horses up front, and they drop the QB to the same spot on the field (which simplifies a pass rush)....but, on any given day they work you out.

you are never going to get top talent to Lubbock so a "gimmick" offense that puts up stats and numbers gets you skill position guys and a bunch of try hard west Texas type 2 star kids who go hard every play and wanna beat ATM, UT, and OU who didn't recruit them.....is apparently the formula. you got Crabtree and the classic over-acheiver in Wes Welker in the NFL. Welker wasn't even offered by OU or OSU and he was POY in OK.

I had read about Leach's system and that they had few plays, but a bunch of different formations, from which virtually any play in the book could be run. Our staff could learn a few things from that concept. With the 20 hour a week practice limits, I think that approach is superior to the grouping/hyper complicated cluster being run now.

As far as Sonny goes, he's a spread guy too, and if I'm not mistaken either learned at the feet of Mumme or Leach, so he might be a good replacement. Leach has been trying to get out of Lubbock for years, why doesn't he just get liquored up and start calling Ms. Myers on a regular basis? Personally, I'm surprised he hasn't gotten a higher profile job over the last few years. Maybe he's just to weird in person.

Isn't Leach the only guy in the Big XII that Coach Hawkins is perfect against?

Yeah, he's probably gone. :cry:

What if Leach would've given young Mr. James a juicebox whilst in the equipment shed?

Maybe Leach should have had young James sit on the sideline during practice and wear one of these:

cat%20eyes.jpg

So the TT player just so happens to be Craig James' son. Hmm. He was diagnosed with a slight concussion and Leach made him stay in the trainer's room with the lights off for three hours and then, later, I think I heard this right, was confined to an electrical closet. WTF?

Of course, Lou Holtz had to say that when he has a headache he goes to a dark room. Dumbass. He said he hopes this is all true because you'd "hate to see Leach's reputation ruined on a false accusation." What?

Kid could transfer to SMU, go on payroll like his old man did when he was there and then get SMU the death penalty for a 2nd time. Like father, like son. Always trouble.

Kid could transfer to SMU, go on payroll like his old man did when he was there and then get SMU the death penalty for a 2nd time. Like father, like son. Always trouble.

Was your father an internet troll, by any chance?:smile:

ESPN "sources" now saying that Tejas Tech will attempt to fire Leach within the next couple of days "for cause". Apparently Leach is due $800K as a bonus if he's head coach on 12/31/09. If Tech is gonna make a change, they need to do it now.

Let's poach those recruits boys!!! Go get 'em Denver.

Back