What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike MacIntyre discusses what it's like to rebuild Colorado

Not much to not like about MM. If he doesn't get it done, it's not because he didn't bust his ass trying. That's all you can ask for really. Regarding the article, the Gestapo line about tweeting and **** was good lol.

Not much to not like about MM. If he doesn't get it done, it's not because he didn't bust his ass trying. That's all you can ask for really. Regarding the article, the Gestapo line about tweeting and **** was good lol.

What I liked about the tweeting comment is that it shows that MacIntyre is focused on the things that matter. He's educated himself on that stuff, but he knows that if a player decides to tweet something offensive it has zero to do with that player doing his S&C work, following his nutrition plan, doing his schoolwork, staying on the right side of the law, practicing hard and performing in games. It's irrelevant... unless it's something so bad that it comes to the attention of the university and the media. And that's what he tells them: don't make me have to punish you over something stupid. All coaches are control freaks, but it's good to see that HCMM is able to draw lines on that and not sweat the small stuff. Kind of like in recent interviews with the media on different guys and their academics when there were some guys held out of spring or needing summer school to ensure eligibility. He handled it within the program and probably had some stern talks. Knowing MacIntyre, there were almost certainly some calls home to Mom. But to the media, he was relaxed and joking, saying "I'm sure none of you guys ever skipped some classes when you were 18 or 19 years old."

So, we, writers, and fellow coaches see all of the great positives that Mac brings. When will that spill over into recruiting? From my perspective I just can't see how he cannot succeed. I know it takes much more than a good guy, hard working and smart coach. But eventually I would think recruits, their parents and their coaches would start getting kind of won over by him. I'll tell you this, if I were a parent, he is the kind of guy I'd want watching over my kid. I also know that 18 year olds don't think like their parents do.

So, we, writers, and fellow coaches see all of the great positives that Mac brings. When will that spill over into recruiting? From my perspective I just can't see how he cannot succeed. I know it takes much more than a good guy, hard working and smart coach. But eventually I would think recruits, their parents and their coaches would start getting kind of won over by him. I'll tell you this, if I were a parent, he is the kind of guy I'd want watching over my kid. I also know that 18 year olds don't think like their parents do.

That wholesome image takes time to filter into the overall recruiting circus.....meanwhile the honey-tongued Snake Oil salesmen of the recruiting world (Orgeron, Tosh Lupoi, T. Graham at ASU, Stoops at UK and Ol' Miss coach Freeze) are out there pitching early PT, easy academics, NFL exposure and $$$$ from boosters ! All flash and cash!

I know were not winning any awards in recruiting, but I'm pretty happy with it considering the state of the program. I am really psyched about some of the young guys this staff recruited, like Hasselbach, Bobo, Gillam, Middlemiss, Rippy, Witherspoon, Holland, Callahan, Lindsay etc.

Need to show big improvements on the field. The moms no doubt love MacIntyre, but the results need to improve.

Got to win.

But one thing that seems to be starting to help is that the current players are telling our recruits from their HS or area they know that they really like it at Colorado. That has come up in a bunch of recruit interviews this cycle. It helps build that pipeline we talk about. It's all coming together, but until the coaches are able to win and eliminate the negative recruiting that goes against us (i.e., if you go to Colorado you're going to spend your college years on a losing team - more fun and better exposure for you if you join our winning program)... well, that's a really tough message to overcome off a 4-8 (1-8) season.

Got to win.

But one thing that seems to be starting to help is that the current players are telling our recruits from their HS or area they know that they really like it at Colorado. That has come up in a bunch of recruit interviews this cycle. It helps build that pipeline we talk about. It's all coming together, but until the coaches are able to win and eliminate the negative recruiting that goes against us (i.e., if you go to Colorado you're going to spend your college years on a losing team - more fun and better exposure for you if you join our winning program)... well, that's a really tough message to overcome off a 4-8 (1-8) season.
Well, of course I know and agree with all of that. My question was rhetorical. I kind of have the vision of how it's going to happen. I'd love to see recruiting success take a big jump but figure it'll be more gradual. But I kind of see it as a non linear curve which will get steeper when we begin showing something on the field. And I do think Mac and his staff can "coach 'em up."

Need to show big improvements on the field. The moms are slowly learning to love MacIntyre, but the results need to improve.

fify.....takes time for HCMM's style to filter into recruits' kitchens and living rooms; particularly after the crappola that was offered up by Water Bottle.

Back