What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike MacIntyre: Does He Make It Through 2016?

How long will Mike MacIntyre last?

• 1 game: Loss to CSU and Rick George says **** it, time to make a statement!

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • 2- games: Buffs lose to CSU and a D-IAA program? Gone

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • 3-4 games: Michigan and Oregon are certain losses, but if they get embarrassed?!

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • 5-6 games: Buffs sitting at 2-3 or 2-4 may spark this.

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • 7-8 games: I have Buffs at 3-5 after 8. Does needing to go 3-1 in last 4 make George.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • 9-10 games: Buffs are not bowl eligible in this timeframe and makes it easy

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • 11-12 games: Two winnable home games and if Buffs are 4-6 going into them, he HAS to win both.

Votes: 37 21.0%
  • 2017 Extension: Buffs make a bowl and continue to show improvement.

Votes: 86 48.9%

• Total voters
If we were in the ACC like MM's beloved Duke example (and GT experience), CU would have been in the top 4 or five teams and gone to a bowl last year. This year we would probably be leading the peloton that's gaped only by Clemson and FSU. I think that's where MM's goals came from.

Instead we had to transition away from being a Big12 team within the hardest conference for a program like to CU to rebuild and transform (yes...harder then SEC). Within the PAC12 you see alpha examples of every kind of offense and defense and you can't focus on building something really basic from week to week. This is a bigger problem than people appreciate.

MM has great soft skills and can really find and coach up overlooked guys. I can see were he got reputation as a program builder. But, IMHO, he doesn't have the management nor the XO ability to be HC of an overdog program. It's possible that he adapts and learns... best place to learn is as a head coach....but have only seen a little evidence of adaptation.

Really think MM has done a good job, but I'm coming over to Nik's position that he may be the guy before the guy if we want a dominant program within this conference. If he has to go after this year I would hope buff history recognizes all that he has done.

Excellent.

What are you, a sorcerer?
mtg-fantasy-28344.jpg

Yr1: lose by a lot
Yr2: lose by a little
Yr3: supposed to win by a little, but repeat yr2
Yr4: ???. WTTF.

Another repeat of Y2 results would not be a good look. MM was hired as a turnaround artist. There's been an unacceptable level of turnaround thus far. Let's see that "win by a little" or "win by a lot" season this year. Anything short of that equals disappointment.

MM needs a signature win and/or a winning season to justify his largest paycheck amongst state employees.

I'd say the three bolded are a good metric.

Since the day he arrived in Boulder, Colorado head coach Mike MacIntyre has aimed for the day that he would have an experienced, upperclassmen-dominated team.

That day has arrived. When the Buffs open their season Friday versus Colorado State at Sports Authority Field in Denver (6 p.m., ESPN), MacIntyre will have the most juniors and seniors in his starting lineup since he took the reins in Boulder in 2013.

This is the 4th year. Mac2 has it all.

Coach em up Okay?

Back