What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike MacIntyre hired as Colorado football coach from San Jose State

Is anyone better to turn around the Colorado football program than "Coach Mac"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alexanderdo3

The challenge confronting newly hired Colorado coach Mike MacIntyre in rebuilding the Buffs compares to the task faced by legendary CU coach Bill Mc Cartney in the early 1980s. Both endeavors could be called difficult, if not daunting.
MacIntyre, 47, left a 10-2 San Jose State team to coach in the Pac-12. The fact that CU is coming off a 1-11 season didn't seem to be an issue. As the son of a coach, he knows that there's nothing like building a program.
In 2010, San Jose State went 1-12 in MacIntyre's first season. His Spartans finished this season ranked 24th in both polls, and also in the BCS standings.

I am excited at what we have ahead of us," MacIntyre said Monday while being officially introduced as Colorado's 25th head coach. "We have a long way to go. But I've been there before, and I know what to do. "We will work tirelessly. We will work correctly. And we work with passion. As you get to know me, the one thing you'll say is 'He has passion.' You might say some other things, but you'll say, 'He has passion.' "
MacIntyre agreed to a five-year contract worth $2 million annually. Details of the contract will not be announced until they are formalized and approved by the board of regents. At San Jose State, he was making about $500,000 in total compensation.
CU athletic director Mike Bohn flew to San Jose, Calif., on Saturday and interviewed MacIntyre at an off-campus location.
"The first thing that impresses you about Mike MacIntyre is how he built something so special at San Jose State," Bohn said. "He did it the right way ... with an incredible attention to detail and a plan.
"You just see a progression of his entire career of milestones. He has stepped up to big challenges."

Mike MacIntyre

is there someone better in all of the big wide world....sure. Nick Saban, Vince Lombardi, Norman Dale.... but, is MM as good as we could hope for...absolutely. prefer him over flirty Butch J.

A few other may have worked...Dykes and Andersen come to mind. But I like this hire...Mac is defense minded but runs a great O.

Back