What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike Riley to Nebraska

I honestly don't think Nebraska fans would have been happy with any hire. Well except the ones they weren't going to get. The more I think about it, the more I think this is awesome.

Now we get a coach who will run WCO with a whole team full of recruits build around the run heavy spread that was working and still have a crumbling defense with a coach who can't make a bowl game or even have a winning record.

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

We agree on something.

Actually, my immediate reaction was the same as lefty's. He may not be a great recruiter, but wins recruit, and he's been able to win at times at OSU of all places. With the higher talent level at NU, he's got a higher ceiling than Bo IMO.

This is why you don't **** around and wait to fire assistants. If you are going to do it, get it over with now.

So I feel like USC will be happy about this--if I remember correctly Riley was a thorn in their side.

And also, I really like Riley, and will have to learn to root against him--but really, it's already happened.

I understand the huskers' frustration with this. But take it from CU fans, when the image of the team supersedes the priority of winning, then everybody wins (I mean everybody else, that is).

Did not see this one coming..... Good payday for Riley, weird hire for the corn. Well, we get to see him and the bug chompers soon when the tiny little children of the corn come back to BOULDER!

We will be repaired by the time the corn arrive. This is gonna be fun for us Buff fans!

OSU OL recruit Brandel and DB recruit Matatutia already turned down offers from CU....time for a couple of ringy dingies!

Last edited:
Riley lost to Sac. State a few years ago, that's a good sign. Guy seems to have always been a mix of great wins, but some bad losses.

Now we get a coach who will run WCO with a whole team full of recruits build around the run heavy spread that was working and still have a crumbling defense with a coach who can't make a bowl game or even have a winning record.

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Cartman and I are enjoying the taste of your years. N-mega-Mu making a less than big splash, CSU crumbling around a buyout they won't get, and OSU likely losing what steam they had....... the offseason is delicious already. Nom nom nom!!!

Just got back from lunch and missed all this ^^^. Wow, good for the nubs I guess? really do not think Riley will do much over there. Great x's and o's kinda coach, but not going to fit the nubs fan base. He will get tired of their **** real fast. Living in oregon vs lincoln? I don't even know what to say, not even close to comparable.

Who the **** would want that job? Pelini has won at least 9 games since he got there and it's not good enough for them?

Everything I hear about Riley is that he is a great guy, but I can't wish him well on this one.

Who the **** would want that job? Pelini has won at least 9 games since he got there and it's not good enough for them?

Everything I hear about Riley is that he is a great guy, but I can't wish him well on this one.

In a lot of ways, the Nubs just re-hired Frank Solich.

I didn't realize Riley was that old. 61?

My first reaction was that this was a solid hire for them. He's a good gameday tactician and he gets his teams prepared for their opponents. Then I remembered that CU had them beat - dead to rights - and gave the game away. They have a senior QB who I'm sure covered up for a lot of deficiencies this year. I think Riley is bugging out of town (pun intended) at the right time. Whoever the QB is that will take over next year won't be as good as Manion was. This was setting up to be a 3-4 win season next year for them.

I don't think he's a lights out recruiter, either. The more I think about it, the more I like it. It hurts a conference team and our hated rival at the same time.

Rock on.

Interesting move. I went to high school in Oregon and have a lot of friends who have been looking for a change. They are going to feel like the corn did them a favor. I think he is a good coach and did well with what he had and where he was.

Fire guy who won you 9 or 10 games every year but did not bring you "elite" status.

Hire guy who will win you 9 or 10 games every year but not bring you "elite" status.

Interesting move. I went to high school in Oregon and have a lot of friends who have been looking for a change. They are going to feel like the corn did them a favor. I think he is a good coach and did well with what he had and where he was.

Yeah. I get the strong sense that a lot of folks in Oregon are celebrating right now. They are measuring themselves against the Ducks and may very well find themselves, without Riley, measuring themselves against the Cougs.

I believe that "be careful what you wish for" applies.

Yeah. I get the strong sense that a lot of folks in Oregon are celebrating right now. They are measuring themselves against the Ducks and may very well find themselves, without Riley, measuring themselves against the Cougs.

I believe that "be careful what you wish for" applies.
They better get real lucky with their next hire, cause it certainly has the smell of us firing Barnett. Only we had way more cause to fire barnett, and have a higher floor and ceiling as a program.

From footballscoop just now... this could really shake some **** up, but it sounds like their sources are calling it unsubstantiated speculation by CBSS.

Nebraska: A report from CBS Sports today noted that Ed Orgeron could be joining Mike Riley’s staff. Per source, there has been no contact between Mike Riley and Ed at this time.

They better get real lucky with their next hire, cause it certainly has the smell of us firing Barnett. Only we had way more cause to fire barnett, and have a higher floor and ceiling as a program.

I'm not sure the floor is much higher. Definitely a higher ceiling. We just went 0-9 in the conference. That's as low a floor as it gets.

Back