What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike Stoops' turnaround of Arizona...

Colorado has not been relevant in college football since I moved here 14 years ago. Get over it.

You do know that CU almost played in the NC game in 2001, right? And that they still finished top 10 even with a loss in the Fiesta Bowl?

I'd take that kid of non-relevance every year. Hell, I'd be perfectly happy with 2002's results 9 out of 10 years.

Colorado has not been relevant in college football since I moved here 14 years ago.

Well, then move to ****braska, for ****'s sake!!!!! Please!! :smile2:

Did you talk to them? How many of them were likely to see playing time?

Celestine, Josh Smith and Darrell Scott are the only two I've seen that had already seen playing time and were penciled in as immediate contributors. I may be missing someone.

Celestine came back. Josh and Darrell are related to each other and that's hardly an indictment. If more guys leave this break, I'm with you.

If guys who are frustrated by not getting playing time decide to leave, then that's what happens. Guys like Goree have to look at their situation and decide if they can beat out Bonsu, Pericek and Cunningham for playing time. Just an example.

And guys like Lagrone Shields....

Oh wait, bad example.... :huh:

Was Matt Ballenger likely to see playing time?? Maybe not. Should he have been? That might have been a better question, particularly for the last season he was here...

You do know that CU almost played in the NC game in 2001, right? And that they still finished top 10 even with a loss in the Fiesta Bowl?

I'd take that kid of non-relevance every year. Hell, I'd be perfectly happy with 2002's results 9 out of 10 years.

:iagree: We were one play away from the title game, if Ochs doesn't through that pick in the EZ against Fresno.

Did you talk to them? How many of them were likely to see playing time?

Celestine, Josh Smith and Darrell Scott are the only two I've seen that had already seen playing time and were penciled in as immediate contributors. I may be missing someone.

Celestine came back. Josh and Darrell are related to each other and that's hardly an indictment. If more guys leave this break, I'm with you.

If guys who are frustrated by not getting playing time decide to leave, then that's what happens. Guys like Goree have to look at their situation and decide if they can beat out Bonsu, Pericek and Cunningham for playing time. Just an example.

Does the name Kai ring a bell? The freshman OL that I remember just man handling the OU DL in the 4th quarter of Hawks signature win 2 years ago. The one Hawk tried to move to Fullback before he transfered. Funny you forgot that one.

Im glad you know one of the biggest donors. Encourage him to think about what he's doing. Ask him to ask the AD what the goals are each year before donating. I know this much; We will NEVER be Big 12 champs under Dan Hawkins. Never

I believe the BCS's computer held us out of the mNC game by .00X points. It was extremely close because strength of schedule was a factor then and we had beaten two undefeatededs that year? NU and then UT in the Big XII title game?

I believe the BCS's computer held us out of the mNC game by .00X points. It was extremely close because strength of schedule was a factor then and we had beaten two undefeatededs that year? NU and then UT in the Big XII title game?

i would say it was one intercepted pass (instead of a run for a sure TD or passing to the wide open guy in the end zone) against fresno st that held CU out of the MNC game. :bang:

get that TD, the 'puters dont matter.

i would say it was one intercepted pass (instead of a run for a sure TD or passing to the wide open guy in the end zone) against fresno st that held CU out of the MNC game. :bang:

get that TD, the 'puters dont matter.

Yup. Blame that one in part on Watson.

I remember the Fresno Safety who was a senior that year said he knew what play we were running the moment the ball was snapped because he'd seen it in film dozens of time and he broke on the spot before the pass was thrown to give himself good position.

Watson should have run the ball. Its no surprise that NU is calling blood and his name is in the same sentence pretty regularly.

Yup. Blame that one in part on Watson.

I remember the Fresno Safety who was a senior that year said he knew what play we were running the moment the ball was snapped because he'd seen it in film dozens of time and he broke on the spot before the pass was thrown to give himself good position.

Watson should have run the ball. Its no surprise that NU is calling blood and his name is in the same sentence pretty regularly.

meh. ochs could have run that ball in for a TD or passed it to the wide open guy in the back. execution. the play was there for a TD. gotta execute it. some times its the coaches, sometimes its the players. i cant fault the play call since other better options existed and (running it in) involved less risk.

or, would a FG have won that and that is what you mean by running the ball and setting up for a FG? i forget what the final score was? :confused:

yeah I think the TCU/Southern Miss result ended up screwing us.. We needed southern miss to win and TCU won instead or something like that..

It was total bs although I have to admit, Oregon and Illinois who were both 10-1 deserved to go over us to the Rose Bowl..

yeah I think the TCU/Southern Miss result ended up screwing us.. We needed southern miss to win and TCU won instead or something like that..

It was total bs although I have to admit, Oregon and Illinois who were both 10-1 deserved to go over us to the Rose Bowl..

Miami was undefeated that year. Dorsey was the QB. Nobody challenged them at all including NU. I think the Ducks had the best case.

2001 BCS
TW Team W-L
1 Miami 12-0
2 Nebraska 11-1
3 Colorado 10-2
4 Oregon 10-1
5 Florida 9-2
6 Tennessee 10-2
7 Texas 10-2
8 Illinois 10-1
9 Stanford 9-2
10 Maryland 10-1
11 Oklahoma 10-2
12 Washington State 9-2
13 LSU 9-3
14 South Carolina 8-3
15 Washington 8-3

Funny looking at that list and how far some have fallen.. UW, WSU, Illinois, Us, Maryland, even Miami and Nebraska are just now getting back to being near that level.

meh. ochs could have run that ball in for a TD or passed it to the wide open guy in the back. execution. the play was there for a TD. gotta execute it. some times its the coaches, sometimes its the players. i cant fault the play call since other better options existed and (running it in) involved less risk.

or, would a FG have won that and that is what you mean by running the ball and setting up for a FG? i forget what the final score was? :confused:

Ochs was too young then to have that kind of vision to run it in. I blame Watson for calling a pass play in the redzone. The score was 22-24 Mariscal, Brougham or Flores was the kicker but I dont remember which was in that game.

Undefeated NU and one-loss UT. That year being part of their legendary streak jobbing to Oklahoma.

I consider the 2001 Miami team to be perhaps the best in college football history. Those guys were awesome, and if I remember correctly they put some 70 plus points on a very good Washington team (a revenge game) at the end of the season.

Also, I agree with Jimmy on who belonged in the title game. Except for the Illinois part. Oregon should have played that year.

I consider the 2001 Miami team to be perhaps the best in college football history. Those guys were awesome, and if I remember correctly they put some 70 plus points on a very good Washington team (a revenge game) at the end of the season.

Also, I agree with Jimmy on who belonged in the title game. Except for the Illinois part. Oregon should have played that year.

You know who was head coach of that UDub team. I was in Miami and attended that game. Barbara gave then UM's AD (an old friend of hers) a really hard time about Miami running up the score on them. :lol:

That UM team was very good. The OL did not allow a single sack all season when the starters were in. There was one or two sacks given up when a couple of the back ups were in due to injury equipment issues during one game. Im sure their trip back to the sideline did not take as long as they would have liked. Dorsey had a clean uni all year.

Back