What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Minnesota AD's press conference..

Wanna lay some money on it? If I'm the one that is wrong, it should be easy money.

Look,I'll love it if I am proven wrong and he comes to Boulder. But we can't afford him.

Apparently Minny's actions have given themselves, and college football as a whole, a big ol' black eye. At least according to some media, namely the Sun-Times.

Perhaps CU's administation views a mid-season firing as a low blow.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/colleges/2811086,CST-SPT-herb18.article

"A fourth-year coach who has gone to two straight Insight bowls deserves better. And pulling the plug two weeks before Halloween sends a bad message about college football in general and Minnesota in particular. But this isn't the first time the Gophers have been quick on the trigger."

It is pretty sad that a sorry program like Minnesota will get rid of their coach and CU won't. Our administration is a joke. They have sit back and watched as DII has dismantled our football program and made it the laughing stock of college football.

I would rather they get rid of football all together than continue with this train wreck.

It is pretty sad that a sorry program like Minnesota will get rid of their coach and CU won't. Our administration is a joke. They have sit back and watched as DII has dismantled our football program and made it the laughing stock of college football.

I would rather they get rid of football all together than continue with this train wreck.

Whoa! Hey now. Easy, easy big fella.

I'm not sure how you can say this. Our program was spiraling. There's nothing to support your statement that CU would've been better off. His team quit on him.
A small group of seniors quit on him, not the team. Granted though, he was either hated or loved.

I'm not sure how you can say this. Our program was spiraling. There's nothing to support your statement that CU would've been better off. His team quit on him.

The last five years aren't enough to convince you? Really?

According to ESPN, four candidates have emerged for the Golphers job.
Houston's Kevin Sumlin
TCU's Gary Patterson
Montreal Alouettes Marc Trestman
Florida DL Coach Dan McCarney

I would kill to get Gary Patterson to Colorado.

Let me tell you straight out, you DO NOT want Gary Patterson near your program.

Apparently Minny's actions have given themselves, and college football as a whole, a big ol' black eye. At least according to some media, namely the Sun-Times.

Perhaps CU's administation views a mid-season firing as a low blow.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/colleges/2811086,CST-SPT-herb18.article

"A fourth-year coach who has gone to two straight Insight bowls deserves better. And pulling the plug two weeks before Halloween sends a bad message about college football in general and Minnesota in particular. But this isn't the first time the Gophers have been quick on the trigger."

Of course -- Hawkins is in his 5th year, and has had four straight losing seasons. I am not sure Hawkins "deserves better" at this point.

living in Big 10 country, I understand it.... Every Big 10 school except Northwestern and possibly Indiana, will go to great lenghts to have a great football program.

The University of Colorado does not currently have a President and Chancellor that views football as a top priority. They may see it as important, but certainly not as important as G. Gee saw it when he was here.

I am not trying to say this is our ONLY problem... but it certainly is part of the problem.

living in Big 10 country, I understand it.... Every Big 10 school except Northwestern and possibly Indiana, will go to great lenghts to have a great football program.

The University of Colorado does not currently have a President and Chancellor that views football as a top priority. They may see it as important, but certainly not as important as G. Gee saw it when he was here.

I am not trying to say this is our ONLY problem... but it certainly is part of the problem.

Look, I know about Penn State and all, but does Philly really count as Big 10 Country?

Back