What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mishygan vs Oregon

How about that duckies win in the big house. Two bad Michigan did not win against Appalacian (sp?) state it would have helped get some respect for the ducks on a national level.

welcome, good win by the ducks, I was impressed.

Oh ya, and **** the 2001 duck team that I didn't hear the end of the Fiesta loss from you!:smile2:

Seriously though, that Duck team should have played Miami in the Rose bowl

Last edited:
Game was pretty bad, I witnessed it from about 15 rows up...but they won't get rid of Carr til the end of the season. What happens when you fire a coach midway through? you name an asssistant interim. What happens if that interim coach does well? they're sometimes hired as the permanent coach, which is something that UM does not want. They do not want an assistant to stay on, so they're going to wait til the end of the season and then clean house i think....

My sis and bro in law thought they were lucking out by getting free tickets (from a law firm) to the UM/ND game...haha...at least she's getting to Austin for a real game next month.

Game was pretty bad, I witnessed it from about 15 rows up...but they won't get rid of Carr til the end of the season. What happens when you fire a coach midway through? you name an asssistant interim. What happens if that interim coach does well? they're sometimes hired as the permanent coach, which is something that UM does not want. They do not want an assistant to stay on, so they're going to wait til the end of the season and then clean house i think....

My sis and bro in law thought they were lucking out by getting free tickets (from a law firm) to the UM/ND game...haha...at least she's getting to Austin for a real game next month.

What if he goes 9-2 or 8-3, beats tosu and wins the big ten? What then?

who carr or an assistant? My argument was only for why Carr won't be fired mid season. I think arguing anything else is moot b/c UM just more than likely won't do anything til the end of the season. UM just needs a complete change, a new coach from outside the program and no assistant can give them that, even if they happen to go 8-3 or whatever this year (which i highly highly doubt)...they'll lose 3 of their first 4 if not 4 of their first 4.

who carr or an assistant? My argument was only for why Carr won't be fired mid season. I think arguing anything else is moot b/c UM just more than likely won't do anything til the end of the season. UM just needs a complete change, a new coach from outside the program and no assistant can give them that, even if they happen to go 8-3 or whatever this year (which i highly highly doubt)...they'll lose 3 of their first 4 if not 4 of their first 4.

I meant Carr. If they keep Carr and he does I suggested above what then?

I was at the game as well - 13th row behind the Wolverine bench. Here are my observations.

The 109,000 plus are quite frustrated with Carr.
1) He has not been able to defend mobile quarterbacks while at Michigan - i.e. Troy Smith at OSU and Vince Young.

2) They have not won a bowl game in 5 years

3) Their old school Big Ten playbook cannot compete with teams from other conferences.

4) They have started out 0-2. The last time a Michigan team went 0-3 to start the season was quite a long time ago.

5) They gave up over 600 yards in offense to the Ducks. The second most in Michigan history. The most was in a multiple overtime game against Northwestern. The Ducks got all of their yards in regulation.

My buddy who invited me to the game is an alum and he agreed that Monday morning there would be some alums with deep donation pockets that would be calling University officials calling for Carr's head.

Will he be gone mid-season? With Henne being hurt, he kind of has the crutch that he is now playing with a young QB and they might let him ride until the end of the season, but he is gone at season end.

BuffWFU - did you hear the crowd cheer when they saw Henne was hurt?

yeah our section was also chanting Mallett's name before he even came out. We had crappy seats this time, no idea why, but a good spot for tailgating which was more important to me! I still don't think carr will be fired mid-season, regardless of whether they're 2-4 after 6 games...

Anybody know what the buyout is on Carr's contract?

I doubt it really matters. Michigan is prolly not as cash-strapped as CU and they definitely have a lot more boosters with deep pockets.

Rumor has it that Les Miles covets the UM job.

I dunno. I just don't see it. Money won't be better at UM as I think LSU will match or top any UM offer. Big 10 is not superior to the SEC. And he's on one hell of a roll at LSU. I would be surprised to see him jump to UM right now.

Rumor has it that Les Miles covets the UM job.

I heard that too. I have a hard time seeing a UM hat precariously perched on LM's head. BTW, is it just me or does LM seem to buy a fitted hat two sizes too small and then soemhow glue it to his head to achieve that Beldar Conehead look? It's OK to pull the cap down a little LM, it doesn't hurt, I promise. Other than that the guy is rockin' and rollin' with LSU. I would stay put if I were him, even if he is originally form MI.

Wasn't he on Mac's staff at one point?

You do know that LM was at Michigan for several years right? so it's not too hard to picture him with a UM hat on his head...he played there, was an assistant under Bo, and then returned in the 80's-90's....

You do know that LM was at Michigan for several years right? so it's not too hard to picture him with a UM hat on his head...he played there, was an assistant under Bo, and then returned in the 80's-90's....

Thats all fine and dandy but why live the good graces and the fertile recruiting grounds of LSU?

I knew he was an asst. there, but I didn't know he played there. If he goes, good luck to him, I always thought he seemd to be a decent guy and a pretty good coach to boot. I would stay at LSU.

Look for Chris Peterson to be in Michigan Blue next season.

I dunno. I just don't see it. Money won't be better at UM as I think LSU will match or top any UM offer. Big 10 is not superior to the SEC. And he's on one hell of a roll at LSU. I would be surprised to see him jump to UM right now.

Thats all fine and dandy but why live the good graces and the fertile recruiting grounds of LSU?

Peterson is an interesting name, but I see Michigan going after a proven BCS coach. Tedford and Miles are the two names I'm hearing and they look like the two leading candidates right now.

This is going to be a tough decision for Miles. This is the only job he would leave LSU for (the only school mentioned in a contract buyout).

If Tedford takes the job, I can see the news conference now...

"I decided to take a job at a University that can cut down it's own trees without fear of inciting the local hippie populus". :lol:

While UM isn't Cal or Boulder, it certainly has more than its fair share of the crunchy people. I'm shocked my bf and his WASPy family all survived there...

Also, while Michigan isn't fertile recruiting grounds, UM can basically hang with anyone anywhere in recruiting so that's not much of an issue. it's not exactly a regional school

Back