What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Missouri game thread

What a great win!! Maybe the Buffs can be more competitive in this league than many predicted. Tough game at KSU next, but then comes Okie Light at the CEC followed by road games at OU and Nebraska. If the Buffs can get to 3-2 before KU comes to town then they're in good shape

oh, and it feels pretty damn good to finally beat Mizzou after the beatdowns in both football and bball the past few years!!! I'm going to enjoy this one!!

It feels so good to win. I admit, I was getting a little down on Boyle after a couple of losses to teams we should have beat. But I did realize, deep down, that a change in coach and a change in system takes time to gel. You could see them coming together the last three or four games. But who'd have thought we'd beat the No. 8 team in the nation and do it fairly convincingly? I wonder what a win like this will do for this team's psyche as well as for recruiting? How is recruiting going, BTW? I'm not even sure how many scholarships we have nor who we picked up in early signing. I'll go check the recruiting board.

It feels so good to win. I admit, I was getting a little down on Boyle after a couple of losses to teams we should have beat. But I did realize, deep down, that a change in coach and a change in system takes time to gel. You could see them coming together the last three or four games. But who'd have thought we'd beat the No. 8 team in the nation and do it fairly convincingly? I wonder what a win like this will do for this team's psyche as well as for recruiting? How is recruiting going, BTW? I'm not even sure how many scholarships we have nor who we picked up in early signing. I'll go check the recruiting board.

The Buffs sent a signal to the rest of the league this afternoon. No one will be prone to overlook them now.
This should be a big confidence boost. Now let's see this winning trend continue on some conference road games.

**** the refs. they tried their hardest to give the game to Mizzou. I wonder if it is going to be like this all season for the Buffs. Roberson gets ****ed on so many calls it is not even funny.

Well done buffs! Having two of your guards score 54 and pull down 19 boards is nails. Great win buffs!

**** the refs. they tried their hardest to give the game to Mizzou. I wonder if it is going to be like this all season for the Buffs. Roberson gets ****ed on so many calls it is not even funny.

Roberson is out of control a lot and thereby not going to get many calls, which is to be expected. all in all, i thought the game was reffed pretty well except for the stretch from about 14 min to 7 or so in the 2nd. it was 2 hours after the tip with almost 6:00 of game time left. lot of stops and starts in that stretch. first half breezed right along. much better, IMO, all in all than some of the conference game reffing we saw last year....with each team shooting 25 FT's for the game.

Mick, you know hoops well enough to know that when a road team shoots as many FTs as the home team that it was not normal. There's supposed to be home cooking in basketball. I know without a doubt that we'll have to overcome the officials when we go on the road in the Big 12. It's only fair if we get the same benefit when playing at Coors.

Roberson is out of control a lot and thereby not going to get many calls, which is to be expected. all in all, i thought the game was reffed pretty well except for the stretch from about 14 min to 7 or so in the 2nd. it was 2 hours after the tip with almost 6:00 of game time left. lot of stops and starts in that stretch. first half breezed right along. much better, IMO, all in all than some of the conference game reffing we saw last year....with each team shooting 25 FT's for the game.

his 4th foul when he stood there with his hands in the air was way out of control. I can see why it was a foul. The kid get a foul called if he looks at another player too long. I also thought where he was sliding to the basket in the first half, that was a bad call. How did the kid from Mizzou (number 10 ratcliffe or something) only have 1 foul (or at least he did late in the game). The guy played very very physical inside and only gets one foul called?

Regarding our next two opponents, Okie State pulled away from KSU in the second half and got a nice win in Stillwater today

Regarding our next two opponents, Okie State pulled away from KSU in the second half and got a nice win in Stillwater today

Yeah. There's no such thing as an easy win in the Big 12. Everyone is a tough out, especially when they're playing at home.

Big teams get calls their way, even on the road. Mizzou has showed over the past few years that they want to be a bball power. Until we show up game in and game out and prove it the calls sometimes will go our way and other times they won't. One of the reasons why bball pisses me off sometimes.

Was busy all day but just logged on and saw this great news, what a huge win to beat the #8 team!! And it's the lead story on espn.com. :thumbsup:

Georgia is about to beat Kentucky. That loss in Athens isn't looking so bad now - Dawgs are 12-2 and look to be one of the better teams in the SEC

Mick, you know hoops well enough to know that when a road team shoots as many FTs as the home team that it was not normal. There's supposed to be home cooking in basketball. I know without a doubt that we'll have to overcome the officials when we go on the road in the Big 12. It's only fair if we get the same benefit when playing at Coors.

i guess you can look at it from the home-cooking angle. for me, as physical as MU was on Burks the first couple positions (AB was literally having to push guys off him) and as many times as i've seen CU send the other team (at the CEC) into the double bonus with 8 minutes left in the 2nd half (a hallmark of the BZ era)....only to watch the other team turn a 2 possession game into a double digit lead....i was OK with today.

we are going to commit a lot of fouls since all our bigs are playing out of position.

FWIW - I think Missouri was overrated. Coming in, I was surprised at how highly they were ranked the last few weeks considering they were not ranked at all last year. They are a good team, but I don't think they are a top 10 team.

Burks is a beast. He completely dominated the first half, then scored 9 straight when the game got close in the second half. He seems stronger than last year. Sometimes he looks like he's dogging it, but I think it might just be a sign of how athletic he is. Kind of like a Chris Webber or Larry Walker. Things just come easy to him. He gets off the floor so quick. He's a big guard and still plays bigger than his size. He was absolutely nails today.

I thought Roberson played well for what we need him to do. Love Knutson. I can't remember who it was, but he absolutely schooled a Missouri defender on a drive to the basket. I was a bit disappointed in Relphorde. Missouri's quickness made him look a bit stiff and a bit slow. I wish we had another quality big. This team could be really good, but they will struggle against size.

Love Knutson. I can't remember who it was, but he absolutely schooled a Missouri defender on a drive to the basket.

Levi beat him on the drop step on the baseline for the easy hoop. best part, he tried it again on the next possession.

FWIW - I think Missouri was overrated. Coming in, I was surprised at how highly they were ranked the last few weeks considering they were not ranked at all last year. They are a good team, but I don't think they are a top 10 team.

Maybe a little overrated, but they play a style of bball that we thrive in. They run, and their offense is based off turnovers and poor decisions. Since we don't really have big guys, all our guys have pretty good ball handling skills so their press was basically useless. I can only think of 1 Tomlinson turnover on our side of half court. That led to a 3 point play. We had soooo few turnovers that they couldn't really capitalize on our mistakes. But when we did make those mistakes, I thought they took it right to the hole and scored.

What they don't really have is size. I had no idea we'd outrebound a top 10 team by double digits this year. That was siiiiick! But they didn't seem to be able to get much of an inside presence against us. They run, we play up-tempo. It was a good matchup for us.

i was at the game today and the atmosphere was electric. if you live in the denver/boulder area you need to try to make a game this year; this team responds extremely well to the crowd.

:thumbsup:

i am not a basketball guru like some of you on this board, but i have purchased a season ticket the past few years and i am picking up the strategy of the game fairly well. the thing that impresses me this year vs past years is the offensive board play and the commitment to foul shooting. getting that second shot on offense and shooting a high percentage of our free throws has been missing from the last two coaching efforts.

i think we need to recruit a strong point guard and a big man and we can compete with anybody at this level. our collective team size is often outmatched, but the athletic talent, confidence, and heart of this team makes up for it.

i like where we are going with this team, and look forward to the rest of our big XII exit march. i think we can kick some ass...

:gobuffs:

Tigerboard is upset. Claim we were lucky, shooting really hot, and only have 1 talented player in Burks.

suck it tiggers. Go cry on Pooh's shoulder. Take da Gov with ya.

Before the season, I thought this team could make the NIT. I still do, but I'm a bit more optomistic right now. A conference road win or two and we could be dancing.

The inbounds to Burke with 1 second left and him hitting the 20 ft. turn around jumper was the shot of the game. Just sick.

Tigerboard is upset. Claim we were lucky, shooting really hot, and only have 1 talented player in Burks.

I'm not surprised. We need to earn respect. Teams will continue to take us lightly until we've got some more heads on the wall.

I think we will hear that a bunch, we only have 1 talented player, be it Higgins, or Burks, just watch, next game they will key on Burks, and Higgins will blow up with some good support role from Relephorde, Knutson, Roberson, Dufault, etc.

I dont really see us lucky, we scored 89 points, we regularly score in the 90's, seemed like a pretty average offensive game to us.

I just hope Dufault keeps playing like he has...he has really turned it around under Boyle's coaching

Where are all the Boyle haters now?

Back