What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MIzzou at Nebraska (whaddya think?).

Geezus, how hard is it to stop one guy at this point? Mizzou is acting like Zac Lee can/is going to throw

I'm getting kind of tired of everyone complaining about every tough hit being accused of being an intentional helmet-to-helmet. OK, tell me this, football players are taught and supposed to lead with their shoulders, right? Well, your head sits on top of your shoulders, so if you lead with your shoulder, isn't it therefore likely that helmet-to-helmet collisions are going to happen? I don't want to see anyone get hurt, but this is football, and football is a rough game.

I'm getting kind of tired of everyone complaining about every tough hit being accused of being an intentional helmet-to-helmet. OK, tell me this, football players are taught and supposed to lead with their shoulders, right? Well, your head sits on top of your shoulders, so if you lead with your shoulder, isn't it therefore likely that helmet-to-helmet collisions are going to happen? I don't want to see anyone get hurt, but this is football, and football is a rough game.

Not to mention that its a moving target. So many times you will see the offensive player hunker down in anticipation of the hit, and make it worse.

Not to mention that its a moving target. So many times you will see the offensive player hunker down in anticipation of the hit, and make it worse.

Yea true, that's something I heard brought up last week with all the hoopla over the alleged "dirty" hits in the NFL.

At first I was completely annoyed with nebraska, like I always am when they appear on my screen. The team, the fans, the uniform, the stadium--look, I understand this is my issue and nobody else's, but I just hate those ****ers. They just annoy me by being. I can't explain it better, but my dislike for that team and their fans runs deep.

And then they started rolling up that first quarter score on Mizzou, and I thought, awwww, what the hell, if they're gonna win anyway they might as well run up a 58-0 sorta score. It's not like I appreciate Mizzou all that much more than nebraska.

But now that Lee is in, and Mizzou isn't gonna get shut out, I'll go back to rooting for Mizzou.

Boy, I can't wait to get to the Pac 12 where I don't have a lot of imbedded hate for all of the teams (USC aside).
I guess getting sodomized 19 straight years in the 70's and 80's then 18 of the last 24 would make me bitter too.

I guess getting sodomized 19 straight years in the 70's and 80's then 18 of the last 24 would make me bitter too.

:lol::lol: Ahhhhh, you're a card. Funny, funny stuff, and a refreshing new perspective from the husker faithful.

For the record, my distaste for nebraska's fans has nothing to do with their team's success against mine--there are other fans/teams that I don't like that don't have a superior record against the Buffs.

I will admit (but not to you ****-doosh) that last night was the first time that I felt nebraska looked dominant since early 2001.

Yes, they've looked improved in recent years, and their victory against Arizona was somewhat quality last year, but last night they showed some shadow of the husker's former selves. A truly dominant performance against a good opponent.

It doesn't mean that I didn't want to fast rope into the crowd swinging a baseball bat--just that the team looked good.

Back