What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mizzou to SEC

Gee Walrus, I think your suggestion has actually been tried before.... maybe you need to add another element.... like that conference should secede from the NCAA and have its' own National Championship on the Longhorn Network.....

You, on the other hand, are required to use the sarcasm font, mister. Oh wait, I don't think you weren't kidding.

I'd like to see the Big XII get back to 12 teams, and maybe bring Rice, Houston and SMU on board.

I know that you are joking, but the rumors are (unless I'm mistaken, this **** changes hourly) SMU and Houston to the Big East. That makes for 3 new BCS schools in the state (TCU, SMU and Houston) as well as two new conferences (Big East + SEC) going after TX recruits. That, in addition to 2 new D1 schools is going to make it awfully difficult for outsiders like CU to recruit TX.

I know that you are joking, but the rumors are (unless I'm mistaken, this **** changes hourly) SMU and Houston to the Big East. That makes for 3 new BCS schools in the state (TCU, SMU and Houston) as well as two new conferences (Big East + SEC) going after TX recruits. That, in addition to 2 new D1 schools is going to make it awfully difficult for outsiders like CU to recruit TX.

I disagree. CU will likely be one of a small handful (if any) Pac 12 schools recruiting in Texas. The relative slide of UT will help spread some of that talent around a little more.

I disagree. CU will likely be one of a small handful (if any) Pac 12 schools recruiting in Texas. The relative slide of UT will help spread some of that talent around a little more.

Big XII or PAC 12, CU has always had an appeal to a certain number of Texas kids. Just like Colorado kids often have an interest in palm trees and beaches because Colorado doesn't have them, for kids who want something different than Texas Colorado offers mountains, skiing, pleasant temps and lack of humidity. As long as CU is willing to work hard in Texas there will be Texas kids who will be willing to listen.

Umm, most of the P12 recruits Texas. We probably hit it harder than they do, save the Arizona schools, but they're all lurking down there.

Teams from all over are going to recruit Texas. I mean, why the hell wouldn't you? There's so many good prospects it'd be stupid as hell not to do so. (Hi Hawk.. dumbass)

Missouri's going to hate life.

At least we have a chance to get better in the Pac-12.

Missouri will have no chance in the SEC.

I bet Pinkel leaves within 2 years.

Missouri's going to hate life.

At least we have a chance to get better in the Pac-12.

Missouri will have no chance in the SEC.

I bet Pinkel gets fired after2 terrible seasons.

fify

Missouri isn't going to have Iowa State, Kansas, and K-State every year. The SEC has Vandy, Kentucky, and Miss State but overall the schedule is much tougher. Going to be interesting to see if Mizzou can step up their program to stay off the bottom of the standings.

Missouri is a sleeping giant. If they could get their act together, they'd be very powerful. They have advantages that we could only dream of.

Mizzou will not be a bottom feeder. They won't be able to compete with LSU, Auburn, or Alabama - but how many teams can? They will have a winning record, and make tons more money. Plus they don't have to eat Texas crap anymore.
They will be very competitive in basketball. They will be a huge loss to the Big 12.

Last edited:
Mizzou will not be a bottom feeder. They won't be able to compete with LSU, Auburn, or Alabama - but how many teams can? They will have a winning record, and make tons more money. Plus they don't have to eat Texas crap anymore.
They will be very competitive in basketball.

May be the biggest factor in the whole deal. They will have the same vote at the table as everyone else. Strange how the SEC, The Big 10, the PAC all have equal power and distribution of revenues and are all solid. The conference with unequal sharing and power is the least stable of all of them.

I think Mizzou will not be a bottom feeder but will struggle to be above the middle, even a school like Tennessee has struggled recently and they have way more support than Mizzou.

Mizzery will struggle at first, just like SCar and Arky did when they became $ec members. Both of those teams have done reasonably well, of late.

The Ducks have done a fairly decent job at recruiting Texas in the last few years. Darron Thomas, Lamichael James, Kenjon Barner, Tra Carson and quite a few others are from Texas. Outside of Oregon and Colorado I do not know of any other Pac-12 schools that do a lot of recruiting in Texas.

The Ducks have done a fairly decent job at recruiting Texas in the last few years. Darron Thomas, Lamichael James, Kenjon Barner, Tra Carson and quite a few others are from Texas. Outside of Oregon and Colorado I do not know of any other Pac-12 schools that do a lot of recruiting in Texas.

Willie Lyles, cough, cough, cough.

Willie Lyles, cough, cough, cough.

I figured that would come up, but he only really dealt with Lache who is now at Baylor. He did not help in the recruitment of Darron Thomas, LMJ and the others. Under Chip Kelly the Ducks have taken chances at recruiting Texas and other states that our former coach Bellotti would not risk. I guess running into questionable people like Lyles is bound to happen, but I won't defend the situation.

I figured that would come up, but he only really dealt with Lache who is now at Baylor. He did not help in the recruitment of Darron Thomas, LMJ and the others. Under Chip Kelly the Ducks have taken chances at recruiting Texas and other states that our former coach Bellotti would not risk. I guess running into questionable people like Lyles is bound to happen, but I won't defend the situation.

So far Duck fans > UW fans. I'm sort of surprised.

Anyways, I seem to remember other things going on with LMJ etc? Eh, Oregon state got the James brothers out of Texass. Arizona is in texass all the time. Now it is our turn. Half of our commits are from texas. It would be awesome if we could become the main school for kids in texas that want out of the texas/south.

Erm.... Decidedly untrue.

So far Duck fans > UW fans. I'm sort of surprised.

Anyways, I seem to remember other things going on with LMJ etc? Eh, Oregon state got the James brothers out of Texass. Arizona is in texass all the time. Now it is our turn. Half of our commits are from texas. It would be awesome if we could become the main school for kids in texas that want out of the texas/south.

The James brothers are from Texas, but OSU recruiting Texas is a rarity since they have some money issues. I had no idea Arizona recruits Texas a lot, but I have only recently began following all of the Pac-12 recruiting instead of just Oregon's.

Oregon is going to have success in Texas as long as they have success on the field (and bazillions of cool uniform options).

CU should always have success in TX for the reasons stated above (for some reason Texans looooooove Colorado), and adding the fact that CU is now the closest Pac school should have added benefits. It seems that whenever CU has had major success, it's been with a mix of TX and CA recruits. Now that CO produces more recruits, we should be able to rely more on them, but it would be nice if we could actually keep them in-state first.

I remember that claim being made, but from what fellow Duck fans could gather his influence with LMJ was a lot less then Lyles has claimed. I guess we will just have to wait and see what the NCAA decides although who knows what their decision might be since they are very inconsistent.

Now there's a shocker.

I think the Little10 would like to get back to 12. If they can. There's that small matter of getting teams that wouldn't dilute your monetary payout from your TV contracts. And if poaching the BigLeast is the way people are going to try to get to 12 (or more), there's the small matter of how you are going to hold your new commits while they are playing out their 24-27 month expiry window in the BigLeast. If I'm WVU and I get an invite from the Little10, I'd probably commit with the provision that I don't pay the Little10 an exit fee if their conference lineup changes between the time of my commit and the time I actually start playing games in the Little10. And how is the Little10 going to say no to that kind of conditional acceptance? Beggars can't be choosers....

As far as the Texas recruiting market, many P10 teams historically would pick up 2-3 players a year from Texas. It was a no-brainer because Uterus could only take 25 or so kids a year. But the situation has slowly started to change. The rise of "second tier" Texas programs like TCU as well as the formal entry of other conferences into the Texas recruit market means that there will now be a lot more competition for the kids who are ranked #50-100 instate. The big losers will clearly be programs like TCU, TTech and Baylor. The big winner here, I think is Tennessee. A rich, big tradition, football factory but one that has always had to deal with a lack of instate talent. Now they can recruit much more effectively in Texas.

The big losers will clearly be programs like TCU, TTech and Baylor. The big winner here, I think is Tennessee. A rich, big tradition, football factory but one that has always had to deal with a lack of instate talent. Now they can recruit much more effectively in Texas.
Not sure if I agree on the Tennessee part, but you've hit the nail on the head about TCU, Tech and BU.

In another aside, these Cal fans are such an upgrade!

Back