What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mizzou v Kansas

By losing the game they won't get into a bigger bowl game. So in a way it cost them some money.

After the fact yes. If you would've given them two guaranteed options going into the game:

1) Play in Lawrence and win
2) Play in KC and lose

They'd obviously take option 1. Going into the season did KU honestly anticipate playing this game with the BCS title game, or a BCS bowl game in general, on the line?

I just think college games should be played on college campuses. I also think KU would've had an advantage playing the game in lawrence.

I just think college games should be played on college campuses. I also think KU would've had an advantage playing the game in lawrence.

for the most part yes, but the red river rivalry is something really cool and unique, ditto the ****tail party, etc.

the fact that they only did a 2 year deal is what's stupid, imo. either go long-term or stay on campus.

This game is going as I figured. Mizzou is a lot better team than KU. I base that on out games against each. We should have beaten KU. We had no shot against Mizzou. I fuc*ing hate Mizzou and that little prick they have at QB. But this too shall pass.

****. This is a bowl game. $1mm per team that they dont have to share with the conference. Given the ruralness of the two states in question and the central location of KC and probably of the fan bases in that town I'd say its a good move.

Some schools dont have on campus stadiums (Miami, USC, UCLA) so I dont see the big deal.

KU keeps hanging on. Those two missed FGs really hurt. Mizzou is more dominant than I thought they would be. I always viewed Mizzou as flukey but they are really using this spread offense to their advantage. They look like the Spurrier teams at UF. Lots of talent.

KU is still in it and thats a sign of a well coached team, somehow staying in the game.

chase has had a hell of a game. but my heisman vote would still go to tebow :)

Maybe. I like the kid from Arkansas. Wow is he good. I cant really say since I have not seen all the candidates play.

Game over. MU safety. I was so wrong; KU was outmatched. Championships are won on the line of scrimage and that is where KU lost the game.

Why should we care about the Big 12 and Missouri? Missouri being good doesn't help CU..

Two BCS teams puts money directly in our pocket. All bowl revenue is divided by 12 and given to each school. Mizzou did just pocket an extral $mil for playing the game in KC that they dont have to share.

Why should we care about the Big 12 and Missouri? Missouri being good doesn't help CU..

Conference prestige = better TV contracts. Better TV contracts and BCS title games = millions of dollars. Big XII = profit sharing.

This is a good series of equations.

Maybe. I like the kid from Arkansas. Wow is he good. I cant really say since I have not seen all the candidates play.

Game over. MU safety. I was so wrong; KU was outmatched. Championships are won on the line of scrimage and that is where KU lost the game.

I have seen all the main contenders play. McFadden would get my vote and Tebow would be a very close second. Daniel and Pat White would fight it out for third.

Back