1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mods, can we have a dedicated forum for ticket requests/face value sales/gifts etc.?

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by L Buff, Nov 18, 2013.

1. L Buff

L Buff Commissar of the Albuffs Collective Left Club Member

Seriously ... I know that someone asked for this in another thread (can't find it now) but apparently it was ignored. It seems like a reasonable request, and would help fill up the Keg and maybe even Folsom next week. We have several threads going on either requesting tickets or offering them ... why not consolidate them into a forum dedicated to the purpose?

Given that it should not be a "scalping thread" wherein sleazeballs with no CU loyalty try to turn a fast buck. It should be a forum wherein those who have tickets but aren't able to use them, or those who are seeking tickets can access them. I just know I'm already sick of seeing all those premium seats at the Keg empty well into the first half that are apparently held by "high rollers." While I appreciate their financial support in buying season tickets, if they're not going to show up, why not donate or offer for sale at face value in some kind of forum? I think someone mentioned that CU had some sort of forum for that purpose, but as an alum I've never been informed of it. It seems, judging from the number of threads asking for or offering tix on this board, that there is a real demand for one here.

Mods?

EDIT: Oh ... and BTW ... you guys do a great job! Seriously. I for one truly appreciate it. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  2. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

gulp .... I actually agree with L Buff here

3. wyobuff

wyobuff Well-Known Member

3rd. It's a shame to see it so empty on tv. Recruits see that and it doesnt look good when the gym is only packed for big games.

4. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

I finally watched the replay of the Cal game....I have never seen Folsom so empty.....ever....

5. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

an we have a dedicated forum for ticket requests/face value sales/gifts etc.?

It was cold and ****ty. I can't blame the people that left.

6. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

This is more than a mod thing. It's really an administrative thing.

If we do it, I'm kind of thinking that to make it work we'd need to talk to our friends in the online community, primarily at Rivals and Ralphie Report, to get it set up. Any one of the sites is probably not big enough to make it happen, but working together it would make a lot of sense.

We'll look into it.

7. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Fify

8. L Buff

L Buff Commissar of the Albuffs Collective Left Club Member

Thanks nik ... I (and others no doubt) will appreciate anything you can do. It's a potential win-win for fans and for the university.

9. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

can we have a dedicated forum for ticket requests/face value sales/gifts etc.?

Let's be honest are we really talking about a lot of tickets here? There doesn't seem to be a crazy amount of ticket posts.

10. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Are we just not making a sticky (at least temporarily) because people are retards and won't look?

11. GoonieBuff

GoonieBuff Not really Club Member

Mods, can we have a dedicated forum for ticket requests/face value sales/gift...

I posted the request for this about ten days ago in the pub. The thread was called Tickets Sub Forum or Sticky Thread?

I figured nobody else cared, as it was largely ignored. Knowing that people do care, since hardly anyone knew that the thread even existed kind of supports my idea.

Here's the original post:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
    sockdolager likes this.