What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Monday Grab Bag: #TargetSale

RSSBot

News Junkie
Apologies for the lateness, but I'm a little distracted today. *The MLB All-Star rosters were announced over the weekend, which, in and of themselves, usually warrants little more than a yawn from yours truly. *This year, however, the AL has decided to wade into battle without their single greatest pitching asset: White Sox ace Chris Sale.

Yes, that*Chris Sale. *He of the 8-1 record on a sub-.500 team, who just happens to lead the league in ERA+ (188) after posting a 96/16 K/BB ratio and a .87 WHIP over the first half. "Oh, but he missed a month on the DL!" *Who cares? *No one has been as dominant in the AL, even having missed five or so starts. *Chris Sale strikes*FEAR*into the hearts of AL hitters, in a way no one since Randy Johnson has. But, sure, let's make everyone vote to get him to Minneapolis. **sigh*

This **** is so dumb. *The old line from pundits is always "well, who would you send home, then?" Anyone, everyone. *If Chris Sale is not a clear All-Star, then there is no longer a need to have an All-Star game. *The mere idea that this testament to all that is good with professional pitching is being forced to pander for votes is offensive. *The American League should be so lucky to have Chris Sale represent them. (Yes, I'm crafting the statue now. *It will be bronze, and no one will be able to get hits off of it, either).

---

Today in the bag, I'm talking the USMNT's loss to Belgium, the quarter final results from Brazil, and the possible end of an era in the NBA.

Click below for the bag...

Read more »
m8kUtYoQos8

Apologies for the lateness, but I'm a little distracted today. *The MLB All-Star rosters were announced over the weekend, which, in and of themselves, usually warrants little more than a yawn from yours truly. *This year, however, the AL has decided to wade into battle without their single greatest pitching asset: White Sox ace Chris Sale.

Yes, that*Chris Sale. *He of the 8-1 record on a sub-.500 team, who just happens to lead the league in ERA+ (188) after posting a 96/16 K/BB ratio and a .87 WHIP over the first half. "Oh, but he missed a month on the DL!" *Who cares? *No one has been as dominant in the AL, even having missed five or so starts. *Chris Sale strikes*FEAR*into the hearts of AL hitters, in a way no one since Randy Johnson has. But, sure, let's make everyone vote to get him to Minneapolis. **sigh*

This **** is so dumb. *The old line from pundits is always "well, who would you send home, then?" Anyone, everyone. *If Chris Sale is not a clear All-Star, then there is no longer a need to have an All-Star game. *The mere idea that this testament to all that is good with professional pitching is being forced to pander for votes is offensive. *The American League should be so lucky to have Chris Sale represent them. (Yes, I'm crafting the statue now. *It will be bronze, and no one will be able to get hits off of it, either).

---

Today in the bag, I'm talking the USMNT's loss to Belgium, the quarter final results from Brazil, and the possible end of an era in the NBA.

Click below for the bag...

Read more »
m8kUtYoQos8

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Back