1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Depressing News...CU football Recruiting in Texas...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Idot Buff, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Today's Fort Worth Star Telegram includes several articles on football recruiting, and includes State and Area recruit status. I was in a hurry, but I did not see one CU commit, nor did I see any references to CU for recruits considering. Hell, I saw CSU mentioned twice!

This program is in a death spiral. If anyone can photoshop Bohn, Benson, and Destuffadoosh in the photo below, I would be most appreciative. Maybe they are the guys over Danny's left shoulder.

http://www.star-telegram.com/358/story/1824847.html

http://www.star-telegram.com/358/story/1825074.html

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  2. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Supposedly we offered all kinds of players from the State of Texas... :rolleyes:

3. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

BTW, SMU has a better recruiting class than we do.. :cry:

4. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

I think we are in on several kids in Tejas. They just aren't "top" kids.
    They are the usual "sleepers" that will come here and do great things - and I'm going to hold my tongue on that note.

5. Kameltosis

Kameltosis Well-Known Member

None for Nebraska either but most of these recruits are 2-3 stars so chillax.

6. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Which, in an odd way, gives me hope.

7. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

We currently have one commitment from Texas. Lowell Williams is from the Houston area and is an under-the-radar type guy. We have a visit from Eric Humphrey (from Dallas) scheduled for January. Other than that, it is slim pickings in Texas for us. For the most part, the coaches have never been able to figure out how to recruit Texas.

To get any sort of jump on the major in-state players or other big-time programs like OU/LSU, along with the Big 12 North programs that have made major in-roads, you better have built a relationship during the kid's junior season. Otherwise, those kids are going to commit early and you are forced to go to Plan B or Plan C. The coaches have done a decent job with getting in on some 2011 prospects early, but it is still not nearly enough.

8. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

California is CU's primary recruiting focus, so the worthless places like Texas don't get much attention. Just look at all the success Dan's had in recruiting nationally-ranked RB's out of the LA area!

9. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Best thing that CU could do is to poach David Beaty off Kansas's staff (or immediately snatch him up if he's not retained). We'll need a WR coach anyway if Ambrose takes over the DBs. That guy was a successful HS coach in the Dallas area before moving on to Rice for 2 years as WR Coach and passing game coordinator. He's been at KU for 1 year as WR coach. The guy is absolute money recruiting the DFW area... six commits and counting, all 3* or better, and all from the DFW area this year.

10. LABuffalo

LABuffalo Member

Are you kidding me? Cody is an Elite 11 QB! Apparently that and two bucks will buy you a cup of coffee.

11. LABuffalo

LABuffalo Member

Cal Poly got a mention. Go Mustangs!