What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

More off the field trouble

I'm definitely worried about Givens. He's had issues both on the field and off. Hope he doesn't throw his talent away, and instead finds a way to harness that anger.

Sounds like it's time for a session with Judge Smails..."Bryce, are you for goodness or badness?"

I hope he doesnt have anything like that, I really dont know thats why I was asking. Remember him having some trouble last year and it might have nothing to do with why this happened. I really hope not.

You and Spanky have an odd sense of humor...
The thread concerning the topic got a little heated, I felt bad that I may have offended ITB. I thought a little humor might smooth things over. I thought the comparison itself would convey the attempt at joke...I guess not. Next time maybe I should clear it with you....

I didnt intend on making it heated, was really just asking, thought maybe somebody here knew him or about him. Thats my fault for that.

i seriously don't know how people can be so dumb. i've been plastered plenty of times and still have the common sense not to do this sh*t. when you're given the kind of oppurtunities these kids have, why the hell would you throw that away.

They reward you for being a violent animal on the field, but expect you to be civilized off it. I can see why these guys get into trouble. Maybe Givens should go the MMA route and be the next Brock Lesnar. He can't have more pent up **** than that guy.

They reward you for being a violent animal on the field, but expect you to be civilized off it. I can see why these guys get into trouble. Maybe Givens should go the MMA route and be the next Brock Lesnar. He can't have more pent up **** than that guy.

Even on the field it's got to be controlled aggression. If guys can't compartmentalize, they do stupid stuff on the field too. Stuff that costs the team wins (see Givens' 2009 temper tantrum against Iowa State).

True. Totally inexcusable behavior from these guys. Very high school.

Even on the field it's got to be controlled aggression. If guys can't compartmentalize, they do stupid stuff on the field too. Stuff that costs the team wins (see Givens' 2009 temper tantrum against Iowa State).

Dumb ****ing move. Not sure I get it but Embo will have to show out of the gate how he is going to handle this stupid ****. As others have said, Givens needs to get some help. He looses control both on and off of the field. Hope he figures that out for his own sake.

Look at all the great players in any sport, they are strong upstairs. You have your exceptions sure, LT, most usually have it together tho. Not comparing these guys to people like that but drinking doesnt give you the right to do that. I know I did some stupid **** being drunk too but I didnt do anything that damn dumb. Hope Givens brings that to the field. I have no idea what set him off but something did. Hopefully he gets it worked out and has a good career at CU. I hope he gets his degree and makes it.

What would you guys think about punishing offenders this offseason by denying them the ability to go to Hawaii? That would be one hell of an incentive. However, I'm not sure how I feel about it. To me, that kind of makes it seem as though the Hawaii trip is a "vacation" where in fact, there is work to be done. This trip shouldn't be all fun and games.

I can tell you that I would not do anything to jeapordize an all expense paid trip to Hawaii though.

Back