What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

More proof Scott Drew running a dirty program.

JimmyBuff

ASHVILLE — When players like Lehigh’s C.J. McCollum or Ohio’s D.J. Cooper put on a transcendent performance in the N.C.A.A. tournament, they are showered with adulation and publicity that is usually lacking for lower-profile programs.But as Cooper found out after his freshman year at Ohio in 2010, there is also a dark side to stepping onto the national stage for the first time in the N.C.A.A. tournament. When asked if he had many coaches trying to lure him from Ohio after he scored 23 points in an upset of Georgetown in that year’s N.C.A.A. tournament, Cooper smiled.
“I was getting calls left and right,” he said. “I was getting some calls from different high-major schools and different people. I’m big on loyalty.”
Cooper stayed at Ohio and was an unusual modern recruit. He had interest from universities like Baylor, California and Wichita State but decided on Ohio because it recruited him the hardest.

Both Cooper and his high school coach, Brandon Thomas, declined to name the programs trying to poach him. Recruiting a player before he is released from his current program is against N.C.A.A. rules. Cooper’s mother, Dionne, identified Baylor Coach Scott Drew as someone who attempted to lure her son from Ohio.

“He wasn’t necessarily calling and saying, ‘Come on over,’ ” she said. “He would say: ‘Oh, this is great. I knew you could do it. The exposure you’re getting now, you’re not getting it in the MAC because you’re not on TV.’ He was really trying to sell to me. ‘We know you can do these things, but because of where you are, you’re not getting the attention you deserve.’ ” (Drew did not return a text message seeking comment.)

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/18/ohios-cooper-has-seen-the-dark-side/

Oh come on! It isn't as if the guy is covering up a murder or anything!

It does make one wonder how they managed to put together such a good basketball team in such a relatively short period of time. I mean, seriously, this is Waco, TX we're talking about. It's freaking Bailer. Something doesn't pass the smell test on this one.

No, that was the last guy.

Yeah. All Drew has swept under the rug was Lace Dunn beating the **** out of his baby mama.

Hope the girl received a decent payday from Dunn's pro contract (Israel league) and/or Baylor boosters since her dad made sure she refused to press charges in anticipation of that.

SMU 2.0. There is no way Baylor (we talkin' 'bout Baylor!) has this kind of success in football and basketball without massive cheating and coverups.

Hey it's a great deal, get a nice car, have some spending money, get your legal fees covered and all charges dismissed, and get a degree without ever going to class.

Good Baptist morals in action.

Back