1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Morris Becomes 3rd Fastest 200-Meter Buff

Discussion in 'University of Colorado News and Olympic Sports' started by RSSBot, Feb 5, 2011.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

Category: Track and Field

Joe Morris placed second in the 200-meter dash and helped the CU 4x400-meter relay to a first-place finish at the Frank Sevigne Husker Invitational on Saturday.

Originally posted by CUBuffs.com
    Click here to view the article.

2. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

20.96 200 in Lincoln! Well done Morris.

3. TMoney

TMoney New Member

Keep it going!

4. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

Morris has been on a tear recently, this is his third or fourth great time in just a few weeks.

5. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

He's really kicking ass this season.

In general, we've been seeing some good things in track & field at CU. We'll always be a national power in distance races, but we've started to see some really good results in throws and sprints. (I haven't seen much in jumps, but maybe I just haven't noticed.)

Anyway, given the ideal location for Olympic training and the athletic community of Boulder, there's no reason CU can't be a Top 20 T&F program in the nation to go along with being a Top 5 XC program.

This is one area that a new indoor training and competition facility would make a huge difference. The great thing is that it could be tied in as also being an indoor football practice facility, which would make fundraising much easier. I think we can sell something to boosters that would benefit football while pushing other programs to elite status.